OASIS - Donuts

Nice to hear some ships have decent donuts. As a Canadian, I'm sworn to love donuts. It's in our blood. But, on the Freedom class ships, so far, most donuts taste like this: (although our teenaged kids seem to still eat them)

pucks-close-black-500x500.jpg

Well, I thought Canadians craved anything similar to a hockey puck! :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Food is subjective.

My opinion is that those doughnuts are AWFUL.

or as we use the judging system: "not worth it."

;)

There is room on Oasis class to put in a Krispy Kreme, along with the plexiglass to watch them go through the assembly line. That is mesmerizing to watch... :-)

There is room on Oasis class to put in a Krispy Kreme, along with the plexiglass to watch them go through the assembly line. That is mesmerizing to watch... :-)

Food court at our mall used to have a little one. They could put it with a Krystal. :D

That's like a White Castle for you Yankees. ;)

I don't know why Royal doesn't promote the make your own pizza at Sorrento's on the Oasis class. Maybe the staff hates it. I was hoping when Freedom got "Oasis upgrades" that this would have been included, but as you know, it wasn't.

Sorry not donut related, but this is the 1st I've heard of a make your own pizza? I'll be on Allure in Feb and I need to know more! :-)

Sorry not donut related, but this is the 1st I've heard of a make your own pizza? I'll be on Allure in Feb and I need to know more! :-)

As you walk into Sorrentos and see allthe premade pizzas go all the way to the left and thst is where they have the personal pizza area. They usually only have a few toppings thst vary daily. you order, they give You a Number and then bring it to you in about 10 miinutes.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

You are wrong. When we cruised on the Allure a couple of years ago, the donuts were being delivered at approximately 7am and people hung around until the crew member placed them in the trays--warm and delicious, unlike the ones that one gets in the WJ.

A couple of years can make a big difference...;)...RCI used to do a lot of things better when it came to food especially the desserts;) !!

In November on the Oasis of the Seas Cafe Promenade had donuts in the morning. When I went to get my specialty coffee there at 6:30 am they had fresh and quite good chocolate frosted donuts and glazed jelly donuts that I tried. Warm, soft and delicious!

In November on the Oasis of the Seas Cafe Promenade had donuts in the morning. When I went to get my specialty coffee there at 6:30 am they had fresh and quite good chocolate frosted donuts and glazed jelly donuts that I tried. Warm, soft and delicious!

I guess we all have our own criteria and expectations when it comes to our donuts...glad you happened to find them delicious..getting ready to go on our 25th cruise with RCI and will try again ;)

Food court at our mall used to have a little one. They could put it with a Krystal. :D

That's like a White Castle for you Yankees. ;)

Krystal is just one benefit of being a Southerner., but it's a great one!

Edited by jagsfan

Krispy Kreme and Dunkin they are NOT. I love donuts and why I think maybe one day I'll bite into a Royal donut and will be good, I do not know. They are just awful, stale and tasteless. Don't waste your calorie intake on them.

I'm confused by the people discouraging others from trying things. Providing your opinion on something is one thing, but telling someone not to try something is saying "you should substitute my judgment for your own," which is a pretty arrogant thing for one adult to say to another. Trying things is literally the only thing there is to do in life. Try everything, decide for yourself.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

What...chocolate covered jelly? There is no such, and shouldn't be, such a thing!!! I love donuts and wouldn't dare.

It's actually quite tasty. Think of a Boston Creme with raspberry jelly. Sometimes it's just a chocolate drizzle

Good to know. I'm assuming they are not available anywhere at the boardwalk--if I recall someone mentioned that one could get donuts by the ice cream (scoop?) place.