Pinnacle Functions Ending

DP

On our Oasis sailing last week we were at a C&A event in the Aqua Theater and they introduced the 13 Pinnacles that were on the ship and had them go up on the stage. I'm no where near Pinnacle but I think I would have found that quite uncomfortable. I really don't want any type of public recognition of my C&A level. All I want are my benefits and a key card to the lounge.

I've seen Pinnacle folks tell the LA that they would rather not be recognized, and their request is honored.

On our Oasis sailing last week we were at a C&A event in the Aqua Theater and they introduced the 13 Pinnacles that were on the ship and had them go up on the stage. I'm no where near Pinnacle but I think I would have found that quite uncomfortable. I really don't want any type of public recognition of my C&A level. All I want are my benefits and a key card to the lounge.

On our Oasis b2b cruises in November only the Top Cruisers were called up on the stage.

On some ships I've seen the Top 3 cruisers recognized with each given a bottle of nice wine (not the typical Champagne) and a picture with the Captain.

The worst I've observed was the recognition event for a couple achieving Pinnacle. Not one officer was there. They were all at the Suite party.....which was scheduled for the same time as the Top Tier event.

Loyalty recognition can be different from ship to ship and cruise to cruise on the same ship. I agree with what Don Pedro said in a previous post that there needs to be a minimum standard for C&A events/recognition.

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

It's not a real level yet.

Are you sure?

Royal Caribbean gives members reaching 1400 points another stratum - one that is much larger than the one presented at 700 points. While perhaps not formally named it is an achievement level or milestone that is formally recognized by Corporate Miami and one that should also be recognized aboard ship.

Edited by Don Pedro

Are you sure?

Royal Caribbean gives members reaching 1400 points another stratum - one that is much larger than the one presented at 700 points. While perhaps not formally named it is an achievement level or milestone that is formally recognized by Corporate Miami and one that should also be recognized aboard ship.

I agree with you. In addition they award a "free" 7 night cruise in a JS. It's also been reported that PC members reaching 1400 get a free dinner in a Specialty Restaurant. Some say it's just for that cruise, others say it's each cruise starting at 1400 points.

Are you sure?

You receive a Stratum for every 350 points that you earn because each 350 points is considered a milestone. Our Stratum for 1050 points is the same size as the one we received at 700 and I am going to assume that it will be the same when we reach 1400.

Edited by cruisenfever

You receive a Stratum for every 350 points that you earn because each 350 points is considered a milestone. Our Stratum for 1050 points is the same size as the one we received at 700 and I am going to assume that it will be the same when we reach 1400.

A stratum every 350 points? Wow. I didn't realize that. I guess I haven't been on a cruise when someone reached those milestones. I also have heard that the stratum presented at 1400 was larger.

You may be correct but I also heard that the one for 1400 was quite larger. Perhaps someone who has reached that milestone will chime in. A shame that there is a pinnacle handbook for both us and the crew. I'm constantly learning.

Edited by Don Pedro

You may be correct but I also heard that the one for 1400 was quite larger. Perhaps someone who has reached that milestone will chime in. A shame that there is a pinnacle handbook for both us and the crew. I'm constantly learning.

I have taken on a work project, so we won't be cruising till May again this year, but we are thinking that it might be fun to have our 1400 cruise point awarded during the Presidents cruise in September. After our May cruise, we will be at 1396 points.

I have a few friends that have over 1400 points (they like to call themselves Pinnacle 2.0 and up) where Patti and I are just known as Pinnacle 1.5! :D

Rick

Pete, I have passed this question on to an expert, so hopefully we will get the answer soon.

I have taken on a work project, so we won't be cruising till May again this year, but we are thinking that it might be fun to have our 1400 cruise point awarded during the Presidents cruise in September. After our May cruise, we will be at 1396 points.

I have a few friends that have over 1400 points (they like to call themselves Pinnacle 2.0 and up) where Patti and I are just known as Pinnacle 1.5! :D

Rick

From one Rick to another,

Congrats on you approaching the 1400 mark!!!

Hope to sea you all again sometime soon.

R&D

From one Rick to another,

Congrats on you approaching the 1400 mark!!!

Hope to sea you all again sometime soon.

R&D

We miss cruising with you two.......I'll shoot you an email with our schedule...as it may be.

Thanks Rick!

Ok......just heard from my source, and the stratum given to them, at 1400 points, was the same size of their others. However, they received this sometime ago, as they are closing in on their 1750 stratum. I also must say, that above that, there are not many Pinnacle Club members.

I believe that there are less than 25 people that have over 1750 points. There are also less than 100 people that have 1400 points.

Interesting!!:)

Rick

Our friends who just received their 1400 stratum reported that it was much larger than the 700 and 1050. Perhaps it depends on what the engraver has in stock.:)

Allure was the first ship where we were invited to a special lunch for PC Members. On other ships, PC Members have always been included in the Meal with an Officer. This could be lunch or breakfast. On our most recent b2b2b cruises on Jewel, the Meal with an Officer was breakfast at 8AM. :eek:

A definite example of how things can be done differently even on the same ship. The 3 weeks prior (on JW) the meal with an officer was lunch at 12:30 immediately following the suite party.

Edited by skiiergirl

On our cruise on Oasis the top tier event (or at least what was billed as the Top Tier event as it included Platinum (DW and I are "just" Platinum, so fine by us!) and above) and held on the helipad as the ship was getting ready to depart Nassau.

We did one of those in Labadee.

The Concierge has a list of names which, by the way, is really not for public view. This list only indicates to him/her how many bodies may be in his/her lounge for that sailing.
So who really cares, if the list is top secret. It's there, the Concierge has it, and he knows the names of all the D+ and Pinnacles onboard....:)

So who really cares, if the list is top secret. It's there, the Concierge has it, and he knows the names of all the D+ and Pinnacles onboard....:)

I was told on the Vision that the highest point count on the list is 999! Just like the highest lottery amount on the highway billboards is $999,999! I guess both systems were designed when no one could conceive of the numbers being larger.

So I assume that when a PC 1.5, or a PC 2.0, comes onboard, the Concierge and LA do not know their actual point count, unless that sailing is their milestone cruise and they are on the other "milestone list" from Miami.

Edited by Tagsalong

I was told on the Vision that the highest point count on the list is 999! Just like the highest lottery amount on the highway billboards is $999,999! I guess both systems were designed when no one could conceive of the numbers being larger.

So I assume that when a PC 1.5, or a PC 2.0, comes onboard, the Concierge and LA do not know their actual point count, unless that sailing is their milestone and they are on the other "milestone list" from Miami.

There must be some other way for them to get point totals, because it is common for them to announce the top 3 point totals on the ship, and those point totals are usually not milestones.

There must be some other way for them to get point totals, because it is common for them to announce the top 3 point totals on the ship, and those point totals are usually not milestones.

The Loyalty Ambassador onboard receives a list of the highest cruisers from corporate for each cruise. This is passed on to every crew member that has a need to know.

When the top 3 cruisers onboard are announced, the LA also says how many total cruise points they have.........not the "999" that the Royal Caribbean phone rep sees.

Rick

The Loyalty Ambassador onboard receives a list of the highest cruisers from corporate for each cruise. This is passed on to every crew member that has a need to know.

When the top 3 cruisers onboard are announced, the LA also says how many total cruise points they have.........not the "999" that the Royal Caribbean phone rep sees.

Rick

Thanks Rick, I always learn something from your posts.:)