AmaWaterways 2017 Sailings

doktor

We are off early this am. Still have had no contact with AMA cruise director. Front desk stated at 8:30 pm last evening that Rep has arrived at hotel. I am leaving a detailed note on what we would like as to excursions. Hopefully, they will still be around when we return from our day trip. This is the day that all our to arrive, if on the pre- trip.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Just returned from Kunta Hora. If you have time, I would highly suggest. Great ride through the beautiful country side, and awesome small town. Unfortunately, this being Easter Monday, a holiday, the shops were closed. Caught up with the cruise director on our way at this AM. They are now set up in the hotel. We have a group meeting this evening at 6. Weather was 39 F this A M. Had rain on and off, and some sleet on our way back to the city.

doktor, since you arrived in Prague earlier than the pre-cruise package dates if you used the airport transfer service available through the Cosmopolitan? I have booked it for transfer from the airport, and have been very pleased with the prompt responses and confirmation. If so, were you pleased? I'm very pleased with the price!

doktor, since you arrived in Prague earlier than the pre-cruise package dates if you used the airport transfer service available through the Cosmopolitan? I have booked it for transfer from the airport, and have been very pleased with the prompt responses and confirmation. If so, were you pleased? I'm very pleased with the price!

Are transfers were arranged with AMA, and part of our complete package.

Sandy

Meet up with all precruise passengers last evening at a cocktail reception given by AMA. There are 50 on the precruise trip, and I believe 126 on the sailing. Ship is not at full capacity.

This A M we have our first excursion. A walking tour. We will take the bus to Prague castle, and them walk back. It is about 34 F currently, and it is suppose to rain. We ave rain ponchos, and overshoes,so whatever, we are prepared. There are a total of 4 options to the tour today. If you want to know what the are I will post. Tonight going to folklore dinner show. This is an optional tour.

I was anticipating similar to what we found in Croatia, Montenegro, Slovenia, etc. would that be fairly accurate?

I very been to Croatia etc.

Just returned from walking tour of Prague. Most skipped castle because of 40 minute wait to get through security. The tour we took was all down hill, but was about a 3 1/2 walk. It was chilly and rained on and off. Tonight is folklore dinner show.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just returned from walking tour of Prague. Most skipped castle because of 40 minute wait to get through security. The tour we took was all down hill, but was about a 3 1/2 walk. It was chilly and rained on and off. Tonight is folklore dinner show.

We enjoyed the folklore dinner show - touristy but fun.

Allyson

Thanks for posting. 3 1/2 miles? What other sights did the tour cover?

Susan

Are transfers were arranged with AMA, and part of our complete package.

Sandy

Since we are arriving 2 days prior to the pre-cruise package start date, transfers through AMA were not available as part of the package. They were available for purchase, but I felt we could do better than the price they quoted our TA. The Cosmopolitan offers airport transfers for 900 koruna, very reasonable and less than half the other. Was just wondering if you had used it.

Thanks for posting. 3 1/2 miles? What other sights did the tour cover?

Susan

No not miles, 3 1/2 hour walk with one restroom stop and a stop at a chocolate store. No sitting down at all. We saw a lot of historic homes and buildings plus some Embassy's,, outside of castle, upper town, Walk across Charles bridge, old town, and clock. We also had good views in several spots. We were to early for the clock to preform. No time for shopping,

No not miles, 3 1/2 hour walk with one restroom stop and a stop at a chocolate store. No sitting down at all. We saw a lot of historic homes and buildings plus some Embassy's,, outside of castle, upper town, Walk across Charles bridge, old town, and clock. We also had good views in several spots. We were to early for the clock to preform. No time for shopping,

We took the same/similar walk from the castle district to the Old Town Hilton on an Ama tour.

On the way back our guide made sure everybody knew how to get to the hotel by way of the Charles Bridge and set us free to shop and explore on our own.

It cost me some money at one of the local jewelers.

We went back the next day to see the clock go off, well worth the walk!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My husband's says his Fitbit shows 10,202 steps on tour today's. He says, 4 1/4 miles. Incidentally, there were folks who waited in line to see castle.

Just returned from Folklore Show. Fun and will worth the monies. Fun was OK, not my bag, but would do it again. Wine and beer never stop.

Went to Terezin today. A very moving experience. Almost packed, luggage must be outside room door at 7. Leave for ship at 8:30.

Now to correct above post. Food was just OK!

We are onboard. Arrived yesterday about 3:30. We left Prague around 9 AM . Pilsen was quit nice, however bitter cold with Lost's of wind. AMAdante in excellent condition. Rooms are nice, many are say, far to small. We are in 302 which is the small suite. This suite has a small fridge with complimentary juices, sodas, and beer. We had champagne and fresh fruit upon Arrival. Draws and shelf space is a premium. I wish there was a stool at the vanity. We do have a nice sitting area. Wine and food are great! Did the World War II excursion. Guide was awesome. We are currently in canal heading to the Danube.

We are onboard. Arrived yesterday about 3:30. We left Prague around 9 AM . Pilsen was quit nice, however bitter cold with Lost's of wind. AMAdante in excellent condition. Rooms are nice, many are say, far to small. We are in 302 which is the small suite. This suite has a small fridge with complimentary juices, sodas, and beer. We had champagne and fresh fruit upon Arrival. Draws and shelf space is a premium. I wish there was a stool at the vanity. We do have a nice sitting area. Wine and food are great! Did the World War II excursion. Guide was awesome. We are currently in canal heading to the Danube.

Thanks for taking the time to post. Happy to hear the food and wine are great. We are also doing the WW II excursion so glad to hear you enjoyed. Has the weather improved ?

Susan

Note of interest from cruise director; several year ago when water levels on Danube were low, AMA was the only line that could sale the entire Danube because they take less draft.

Note of interest from cruise director; several year ago when water levels on Danube were low, AMA was the only line that could sale the entire Danube because they take less draft.

In my research pre-booking, I had read that AMA had the fewest cruises sailing the entire Rhine a few years ago when others either changed ships mid-cruise or it be came a bus tour. That impacted our choice of AMA. Happy to have this confirmed!

Hope you are enjoying the AmaDante 😊 We leave for Prague 7 weeks from today so I appreciate your posts.