Question about Platinum Latitudes Rewards Benefits.

cruiseelady

Demonyte,

I wonder if they are new terms that you are seeing. I don't recall seeing those terms before but as we all know things are ever changing on NCL.

The same 'splitting' of meals was previously allowed with the CAS complimentary dinner. Changes were made sometime from Nov '14 to Nov'15. Where this was no longer allowed. That change though is now moot as the CAS perk has evolved once again and is now given as a food and beverage credit given in a dollar amount determined by your tier level.

Perhaps when the a la carte pricing is in effect fleet wide for the venues included in the Platinum perk we might see a similar change introduced.

Rochelle

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I am Platinum for the first time on my next cruise. My sister is my travel mate but is Silver. We will be in a suite. Do you know if she would be able to attend the bridge tour with me?

You must be referring to the complimentary Behind the Scenes tour, but it is not granted that the tour will also include visit to the bridge - access there depends on several factors, ultimately the captain in duty. (I've been on maybe four tours and I think two of them included bridge visit.)

But whether your sister can join you on the tour: officially no, the tour invite is personal (not avec) and non-transferrable. You can ask the Future Cruise Consultant (I think they are called "CruiseNext something" nowadays) or the concierge onboard if an exception can be made.

Besides LeBistro and LaCucina, the voucher is also good at Moderno's....the voucher states that it will be honored at any restaurant with a cover charge of $20. or less....not sure how that will work with the new ala carte pricing....

Also, in the past, the voucher would not be honored at any restaurant with a cover over $20, such as Cagney's, Teppenyaki, Ocean Blue, etc., even if you offered to pay the difference, although people say they have done it at times.

Perhaps that will change as well...they'll just give Platinum cruiser's an additional dining OBC to spend at will.....

We don't drink, so took our wine home as gifts. Even was able to trade our welcome aboard "champagne" for a bottle of red wine, though of lesser quality than the ones on the comp. list in the restaurants...

Another nice Platinum welcome aboard perk is a plate of chocolate dipped strawberries, and a box of four Godiva chocolate truffles.:)

... I wonder if they are new terms that you are seeing. I don't recall seeing those terms before but as we all know things are ever changing on NCL.

Those terms were already in effect in March 2015 when we sailed on the BA - not allowed to be spiit into two ... of course, perhaps, at their discretion ;) https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64025118/2015%20NCL%20BA/IMG20150326LPDC.jpg

Moderno was $20 then, but, unless there's a price rollback (think, Walmart, LOL) lately that I missed, prices had gone up to $25 p/p at Moderno so anyone with Plantinum voucher(s) would be out of luck ... won't hurt to ask :D

Our friends on a recent CAS sailing did nicely with their comp'd $200 dining credit onboard (BA for Thanksgiving)

If you were both platinum, just ask for another bag/slip, fill it out & where you're supposed to write the prices, write PLATINUM (I usually write it once, sideways the length of the slip).

We do that twice (on days we determine) and have never had an issue.

Stephen

We knew that, just strange that the butler didn't. The slip actually had both of our names on it, which was really strange. We thought it was just another change coming. Since then I've had my own cabins, so hadn't run into it.

Edited by SuiteCruiser

You must be referring to the complimentary Behind the Scenes tour, but it is not granted that the tour will also include visit to the bridge - access there depends on several factors, ultimately the captain in duty. (I've been on maybe four tours and I think two of them included bridge visit.)

But whether your sister can join you on the tour: officially no, the tour invite is personal (not avec) and non-transferrable. You can ask the Future Cruise Consultant (I think they are called "CruiseNext something" nowadays) or the concierge onboard if an exception can be made.

Thanks Demonyte for the response! :)

Besides LeBistro and LaCucina, the voucher is also good at Moderno's....the voucher states that it will be honored at any restaurant with a cover charge of $20. or less....not sure how that will work with the new ala carte pricing....

Also, in the past, the voucher would not be honored at any restaurant with a cover over $20, such as Cagney's, Teppenyaki, Ocean Blue, etc., even if you offered to pay the difference, although people say they have done it at times.

Perhaps that will change as well...they'll just give Platinum cruiser's an additional dining OBC to spend at will.....

We don't drink, so took our wine home as gifts. Even was able to trade our welcome aboard "champagne" for a bottle of red wine, though of lesser quality than the ones on the comp. list in the restaurants...

Another nice Platinum welcome aboard perk is a plate of chocolate dipped strawberries, and a box of four Godiva chocolate truffles.:)

A box of four Godiva chocolate truffles sounds nice, I knew about the dipped strawberries, but had no idea about the Godiva chocolates.

I am platinum on Carnival and they give gross chocolates, I tried it only once and spit it out and threw it in the trash. Looks like NCL gives much better perks for Platinum members.

A box of four Godiva chocolate truffles sounds nice, I knew about the dipped strawberries, but had no idea about the Godiva chocolates.

The Godiva chocolates are really nice, pity that they are not one box each!!!!! ;) We are both Platinum.

The dipped strawberries are something different!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Mike

Just off the Gem on January 22nd. We have always used our Platinum dinner in Moderno's. However, this time we were told NO....only LeBistro or LaCucina.

With a la carte pricing you can get one appetiser, one entree and a desert.

As others have said, with Moderno going up to $25, it is now officially no longer included on those ships where the increase has come in.

• 1 year later...

Just off a week long cruise on NCL Pearl. March 3-10, 2017. The new Latitudes benefit package was in effect - now, only one voucher per cabin, even if both are Platinum members, which entitles you to ONE dinner for two at Le Bistro with choice of wine, and ONE dinner for two at either Moderno or La Cucina ( with NO wine). You will get a bottle of water for each platinum member. You still get one bottle of sparkling wine per cabin. No Godiva chocolates or ship's pins, and on our cruise, no ship's tour (I think that this was only for this sailing, however). You will get 30 min. of internet per cabin and a bag of laundry. The rest of the benefits are pretty much discounts on something that you must purchase. On our cruise, no invitations were issued for the Latitudes party, but i understand one was held at some time.

Just off a week long cruise on NCL Pearl. March 3-10, 2017. The new Latitudes benefit package was in effect - now, only one voucher per cabin, even if both are Platinum members, which entitles you to ONE dinner for two at Le Bistro with choice of wine, and ONE dinner for two at either Moderno or La Cucina ( with NO wine). You will get a bottle of water for each platinum member. You still get one bottle of sparkling wine per cabin. No Godiva chocolates or ship's pins, and on our cruise, no ship's tour (I think that this was only for this sailing, however). You will get 30 min. of internet per cabin and a bag of laundry. The rest of the benefits are pretty much discounts on something that you must purchase. On our cruise, no invitations were issued for the Latitudes party, but i understand one was held at some time.

It was written here on Cruise critic that on your first day of your cruise you have to visit the latitudes desk for the invites.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just off a week long cruise on NCL Pearl. March 3-10, 2017. The new Latitudes benefit package was in effect ...

Thanks for the update. We are going on the GEM in a few weeks to check out this new - DW and I (used to) love doing LeBistro - dine 2x when we are traveling without others or once by treating someone else ... not anymore but with the scaled down LB menu & 1-1-1 limit, just not excited and we got plenty of Italino food around town, Moderno would be a nice change but it's not available to book online ... so, we will wait-n-see. Pluses & minus on the perks. Is the services of the concierge while onboard still being offered or available, not that we ever used it on last 3 sailings.

One of my nephew just got off the GEM in late January & Moderno priced at $24.99 p/p so I would be surprised that it's "included" or being substituted - will find out in a few week.

Didn't pick 250 minutes "Free" internet plan this time as not planning to need it - so 30 free minutes is good for emergencies at sea ... as all the ship's WiFi are supposingly better & faster with the gradual switch to a new vendor by the summer.

Someone else noted the "best use" date on their box of 4 pc. Godiva wasn't "nice" so I am going to take a look at ours.

One of my nephew just got off the GEM in late January & Moderno priced at $24.99 p/p so I would be surprised that it's "included" or being substituted - will find out in a few week.

Included in what? One of your Platinum vouchers will be valid for dinner for 2 at Moderno or La Cucina (your choice).

Someone else noted the "best use" date on their box of 4 pc. Godiva wasn't "nice" so I am going to take a look at ours.

The Godiva chocolates have been discontinued, so you won't have to worry about the expiration date. Isn't that nice? ;)

Wonder if they would let me combine the 2 dinner for two's into dinner for four of us at one of the restaurants? Has anyone heard of this being possible?

Completely depends on the ship/staff. Originally you could switch to any cheaper restaurant (we've never used our Platinum certificates in Le Bistro), then the certificates started to specifically state what restaurants one could use them in (that varied by ship) and now there are two different price levels of certificates.

But basically you can use them at once if the staff allows switching restaurants from the ones stated on the certificate (one passenger uses one for them and their "outsider" guest and the second passenger does the same with their "outsider" guest).

I get the impression that they are going to be a lot stricter about allowing exceptions under the new rules. As expected, people are already reporting them not allowing the wine to be swapped, and the FAQ's explicitly state that a solo can't split the meal for two into two meals for one.

I suspect a message has been sent out not to allow these sort of things, and to be honest I don't blame them. A quick review of these boards over the past few months demonstrates that this results in people starting to expect these things and then getting annoyed if they lose them. Much better to just not allow it in the first place.

I think the old rules were also adhered to pretty strictly at first, too. After a few years, things tend to get a little looser and some unwritten rules emerge alongside the official rules. I expect the cycle will repeat itself, once people stop paying such close attention to the new program.