Take any receipts with you on the SUN

Merriem

She said she doesn't bring all of her credit cards with her. If you don't have the number, you can't very easily look it up for 7K miles away.

I can access all of my information on my iPad, and likely you also can, but not everyone is set up that way.

She may also just be making excuses

I wasn't suggesting to get the phone number. I was suggesting to login online. That being said if the OP doesn't have a login then that can be an issue. However this day and age I could t imaging not being able to login to my finances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wasn't suggesting to get the phone number. I was suggesting to login online. That being said if the OP doesn't have a login then that can be an issue. However this day and age I could t imaging not being able to login to my finances.

Yes, that was what I was saying. I have access to all of my stuff online, but not everyone does, or perhaps she logged in and couldn't find the $27 and is now making excuses to cover up, we'll likely never know.

I'm in the pro-Karin camp, the service I received from her on the Sky in the OS was on par with our stay in the Garden Villa with Omar. He visited regularly to check in, though I think he was there more due to the hilarity going on whenever he stopped by. Karin was more professional.

That said, we were in an aft suite another time and asked if we could invite another friend to lunch at Cagney's one port day and she declined it in no uncertain terms. She is German (as is my husband's family) and sometimes can come off as more stern than necessary, especially when delivering the answer that you don't want to hear.

It's the first thread in a long time that has people fired up, perhaps we're nostalgic for the M-Team?

Really ?

I've read several threads where people rant recently. Not so long ago the DSC was hotly discussed and the UBP gets more than enough threads.

To have page after page dedicated to whether the OP should have got her water or not is pretty pathetic. If I had started a thread whenever I had had a problem on a cruise ship I would have been forever on here .... but then many are :)

Really ?

I've read several threads where people rant recently. Not so long ago the DSC was hotly discussed and the UBP gets more than enough threads.

To have page after page dedicated to whether the OP should have got her water or not is pretty pathetic. If I had started a thread whenever I had had a problem on a cruise ship I would have been forever on here .... but then many are :)

I'm just talking about the last few weeks, it's been pretty quiet on here. Not that it's a bad thing.

Karin is my favorite concierge of all my cruises and I have been on 15 with NCL. What the op is stating doesn't sound like the Karin I have dealt with on 4 separate occasions.

Exactly. I think we all know where the problem lies.

Perhaps the title of this thread should be "Take any receipts with you on any cruise."

But then again, a savvy traveler with the means to travel frequently and luxuriously would know this and there would be no such thread to begin with.

Perhaps the title of this thread should be "Take any receipts with you on any cruise."

But then again, a savvy traveler with the means to travel frequently and luxuriously would know this and there would be no such thread to begin with.

Very true

It's the first thread in a long time that has people fired up, perhaps we're nostalgic for the M-Team?

Yes- I wonder what happened to the M team- I stopped visiting this part of CC as they ruined so many threads. Maybe they're trolling somewhere else.

Yes- I wonder what happened to the M team- I stopped visiting this part of CC as they ruined so many threads. Maybe they're trolling somewhere else.

MF Started a Norwegian Cruise Line Review page on FB, that from what I can tell FB removed or someone had asked him to remove, but his video reviews are posted here

https://www.youtube.com/user/motleyfan27

Purchasing on the NCL website is very confusing. I thought I had reserved dining and had printed out confirmation of times. When I went back into my account, nothing showing...I called NCL as one day to book dining was missing and they could not find my reservations, nothing showed on their end. I went back in to my NCL account and made reservations all over again (one day still missing May 3rd on NCL, unable to make reservation for that date.) I noticed the cart in the upper right corner, Aha! I clicked on the cart and printed out my confirmation. The first time I printed out the screen with the dining reservation list because it said "confirmed". I hope that this went through this time. I better go check!

I have experienced where I bought a package online purchase order was displayed on screen but when I got on board nothing. I checked my account and found that the purchase never went through. It is possible this happened to you!
Edited by gwsster

On second thought, I think the OP should just pay for the water and not sweat the small stuff. Why let something like this put a damper on one's cruise? If she spends that much on cruises within a 6 mo period, 27 bucks should not be that big a deal. The reality could easily be her water order/ purchase didn't go through. Just by her use of the word " rude " to refer to the concierge ( did she personally speak to her ?) and her use of large caps to make a point, I get the feeling the OP may have a short fuse. Sorry if this sounds judgmental but ...I guess it is. LOL

For $3.00 value of a 6 pack of water the client is upset, they just wanted their water. There is a point of goodwill that will appease a customer and for $3.00 of water they could make this customer happy. Some things cost and some things pay. NCL should give the client the water and advise her that there may be an error and if for some reason the charge for water didn't go through on the original order they will bill her the $27.00 she was originally going to pay anyway.

QUOTE=gwsster;48942846]Purchasing on the NCL website is very confusing. I thought I had reserved dining and had printed out confirmation of times. When I went back into my account, nothing showing...I called NCL as one day to book dining was missing and they could not find my reservations, nothing showed on their end. I went back in to my NCL account and made reservations all over again (one day still missing May 3rd on NCL, unable to make reservation for that date.) I noticed the cart in the upper right corner, Aha! I clicked on the cart and printed out my confirmation. The first time I printed out the screen with the dining reservation list because it said "confirmed". I hope that this went through this time. I better go check!

I don't know Karin but a smart business person would spiff her the water. Fair or not- you shouldn't tick off a high end customer. I've learned to swallow my pride and just smile in situations like these in my work . It isn't worth the hassle.

I don't know Karin but a smart business person would spiff her the water. Fair or not- you shouldn't tick off a high end customer. I've learned to swallow my pride and just smile in situations like these in my work . It isn't worth the hassle.

Sure. But wouldn't that depend on how the customer comes at you?

Some people do not understand how to put things in perspective and exercise restraint when they are frustrated.

Getting a couple bottles of water sorted should be the absolute easiest thing to do on board a ship. I read threads like this and wonder how people seem to have the hardest time managing something so simple. I can't imagine this would be on my radar for more than two seconds.

Sure. But wouldn't that depend on how the customer comes at you?

Some people do not understand how to put things in perspective and exercise restraint when they are frustrated.

Getting a couple bottles of water sorted should be the absolute easiest thing to do on board a ship. I read threads like this and wonder how people seem to have the hardest time managing something so simple. I can't imagine this would be on my radar for more than two seconds.

In that job you need to look at the bigger picture. A) the company wants to retain a customer, especially one who spends a lot of $$$$. B) The concierge wants to be tipped and not have a complaint.

I don't know Karin and won't comment about her. I have seen employees who let their personal feelings get in the way of a smart business decision. The truth of the matter is its worth more to NCL to suck up the water cost to keep the customer happy than to get into a peeing contest with them. Obviously if a customer has multiple issues and complaints, their value is less. I only mention this because I have seen lower level (in a chain of command sense) employees make terrible PR decisions for their company. There's a time to argue and a time to bite your lip.

Hard to sympathize with someone who has too many credit cards to be able to know what got charged when. Hopefully OP learned to only use one credit card per cruise and be able to prove what she paid when. All the rest is pages and pages of mental ************.

Although I agree that having receipts or an easy way to get to them (as I don't always take all receipts but would have been able to show where I was charged for it on my CC) is smart I am also surprised that NCL didn't just give them the water.

Given that the last cruise I was on (Princess not NCL) the same largebottles of water the ship was selling for 3.50 was the brand we brought with us... that we bought at big lots the night before for 50 cents each. Now given volume I doubt the cruise lines pay this much for them because of volume discounts. So the 6 bottles of water was probably $3 or less on NCLs bottom line.

I would be surprised if concierge didn't have the discretion to give away small amounts of items. Heck my husband works at Target (a pretty low end not a high end luxury place) and cashiers without management approval can do price adjustments under 10 if there is a price discrepancy. They just have to report it to the manager after.

If this is true at target it seems strange that they wouldn't allow a $3 loss just to not have an annoyed customer. Maybe they have the ability and this one person just doesn't want to do it and this person just didn't want to (DH does definitely have the ability to do alot of things for customers that he won't do for ones he feels were being rude) but for a position that is tipped that also seems silly.

Side note I'm curious of (Note this post is not implying that the OP is a frequent complainer just made me think of the question)

Does anyone know if the cruise lines keep a "permanent file" on cruisers? Given the reward programs I know they would be able to.

I know Disney world does this. If I go there they can pull up how many times I have visited, complaints there get tied to this file. So they know if your the person that has been going for 15 years and only complained twice or if your the person that has complained multiple times on every trip and can take that into account in deciding how much they want to go out of their way for you.

Yes Karin. Will deal with it when I get home. Just unfortunate anyone would be so rude. I work for a major online company and if you treated a customer like that once you would be looking for a new job.

Why is it rude for someone to tell you they do not have authority to do something that they do not have the authority to do? It is actually called telling the truth! Imagine that... :eek: