Shoes for narrow feet...

pbnjrockette

I have a small foot (actually measurement 5.5 AA) but can wear a 6 if it is narrow. Finding a comfortable shoe has always been a chore. I'm currently looking for a good waterproof walking shoe that is not a sneaker. Merrill's run too wide for me. I can't order online as I need to physically try a pair on. Have searched Aerosoles, Clark's, LLBean, and Outlet stores in our area. Any suggestions?

Edited by pbnjrockette

I have narrow feet. I have had good luck with some Naot shoes. Naot has various "footbeds" so you must do some online research to determine which are sized for more narrow feet. My most recent pair of Naot walking shoes is Kedma. It's a lace-up shoe that I wear with socks. I also can wear other Naot styles with the "Elegant" or "Koru" footbed such as sandals or Maryjane styles (worn barefoot.) I sprayed my new Kedma shoes with a waterproof spray which has worked well for our rainy Seattle winter. My more casual walking shoes (athletic style) are Asolos. They have a narrow heel, which is great. It's a little more difficult to find this brand, but they do fit well. Asolo offers waterproof styles. Again, I have sprayed my non waterproof shoes. Re waterproofing, I have worn waterproof Gore-Tex shoes and unless I'm hiking where there are huge puddles or streams, I don't wear "waterproof" shoes because they don't always breathe well and can feel hot on the feet. I do have a pair of waterproof LL Bean brand trekking shoes in narrow that fit well.

Zappos has worked well for me with shoe purchases, with their free shipping and free returns policy. I try to do my research and read reviews before purchasing.

Hope this helps! I probably was too wordy!

For casual or sport shoes, I often have better luck buying kid's shoes. L. L. Bean and Timberland have always been good choices for me as they generally look more adult than other brands.

I sometimes wear double socks to fatten my feet up. Good for winter but too warm otherwise.

Good luck!

Edited by Bookish Angel

• 2 weeks later...

I have a really narrow heel and Van Eli makes narrower shoes.

That said, I've come to the conclusion that the only thing that will really work is lace-up or buckles. I found some lace up Rockport waterproof shoes a couple of years ago.

Avoid LLBean brand, or try their kids shoes. Their women's shoes run large and only go down to a 6. I am a 6 in almost everything but can't wear theirs. I can wear a 4 in most of their kids shoes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk