Elegant night on Carnival Spirit

cme2c

In the good old days, on formal night, you wouldn't get in to the restaurant without a jacket and tie. Last cruise on the Jewel I was " the guy in the suit". Should I pack the bag of fruit for the Spirit?

Based on my experience on Carnival legend you would not be out of place in a suit but you also wouldn't be out of place in nice jeans and a button up shirt/polo shirt so just do what makes you happy.

OMG, jeans and polo shirt on Elegant night? I was on Carnival Spirit back in 2005, Hawaii - Vancouver - Alaska. Mostly Americans on board and it was 95% tuxedos and the rest dark business suits, if you were not dressed that way on formal night, no entry to the MDR.

I have neighbours with young kids who have been on Carnival Spirit and Legend, they said at nights in the MDR, many just turn up in Shorts and T Shirts.

What would irk me, is getting dressed up in a suit for formal night and seeing people march in with causal gear on, they could not be bothered to bring/dress properly for dinner and could not give a hoot about their impact on others who do the right thing and follow dress codes.

Edited by NSWP

We are all on holiday - to each his own, the important thing is to enjoy yourself, not dress to impress if you are uncomfortable - it is lovely to see those that dress, but also lovely to see everyone enjoying themselves no matter what clothes they wear. And just to clarify, I am sailing on the Spirit in 3 weeks and I will dress on formal nights, but I also choose not to dress up on the theme nights. As I said let's just enjoy our cruise and not worry about everyone else.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've never seen anyone rejected from the MDR on Carnival, so the standards seem to slip every time we cruise as not enforced. I don't mind to a degree, I'm not a stickler for super formal dress, but when you've got old mate traipsing in to DINNER with boardies, thongs and a damn baseball cap on, it is a downer.

Totally agree, who said Bogan?

As I have said before, re all the cruise lines, enforce the dress code or get rid of it.

As long as the polo is a black one....:D:D

With the VB badge on the pocket David. Or perhaps for the Kiwi pax - Monteiths. Matching stubbie holders of course. What do they call those beer coolers in NZ? I know you call the Esky - 'Chilly Bin; or is ut 'Chully Bun?'

Standby for incoming from across the Tasman !!

Edited by NSWP