ISIS in the Med

Gray Eagle02

Unfortunately this is a topic that is going to get more and more frequent. With that said everyone makes a decision based on their own risk tolerance.

Personally , I would not put off a trip to Paris or Istanbul anymore than I would put off a trip to New York, Boston, or San Bernadino.

Or anywhere. Because you never know where they'll strike next!

• 2 weeks later...
In terms of sailing in the Med., I think we'll know in a couple of months whether or not the issue of immigrants flooding into Greece and ultimately other countries will occur this year. While I appreciate the fact that there are countries that are opening their borders, more security is definitely needed.

Just noticed that Regent have changed a lot of their itineraries for the Med and are not now going to Istanbul or any Turkish ports in that area of the Med.

Just noticed that Regent have changed a lot of their itineraries for the Med and are not now going to Istanbul or any Turkish ports in that area of the Med.

Yes - they made this change a couple of months ago. I feel badly for the Turkish people that make their living from tourism since the majority of cruise lines will not be going there this year. We were in the Middle East in September (embarked in Istanbul) and felt quite safe in Turkey (compared to how we felt in Alexandria, Egypt).

It will be interesting to see the summer 2017 itineraries to see what ports Regent has selected to replace Istanbul, Ephesus, etc.

This doesn't surprise me. To be expected at this time, sadly :(