Water/Soda Policy

leela8

You can put your sodas/water in either your carry-on bags or in those bags given to the porters at the terminal. We bring a collapsible bag for sodas and then bring the bag back home inside a regular luggage case. I recommend 12-oz plastic bottles since their internal presser and construction prevents denting.

Does it have to be in a bag? Can I bring on a case of water n a case of pop?

No bag is necessary. You can affix a label directly to them, they'll be delivered just like luggage.

Edited by sppunk

No bag is necessary. You can affix a label directly to them, they'll be delivered just like luggage.

I do wish people would do that rather than pack it in their luggage. We watched last year what can happen when a bottle or whatever bursts in someone's luggage, and it can impact on other luggage in the same loading bin. Luggage is thrown around, whereas a case of water or soda is usually just placed relatively carefully.

Putting soda (especially cans) in your luggage can be a problem for yours and others luggage if they leak (seen this first hand).

Remember that you can bring soda and water onboard at any port, so you really do not always need to bring everything on the first day (less to mess with).