Serenade of The Seas youtube video "Review"

Great Video! We are doing the same cruise in March. I am NOW really excited! Can you tell me the beaches you went to on the different islands and how you got there?

Thanks.

I am pleased you enjoyed our video.

Tortola....

Cane Garden Beach ( but we prefer Brewers Bay)...cabs are inexpensive and available right off the dock

St Kitts...

Timothy's Beach...again, cabs are inexpensive and readily available. We like Timothy's because my wife enjoys collecting shells. They are plentiful there. You may like Cockleshell beach better, though.

Dominica...

The only beach within easy distance of the ship is Mero Beach. I would suggest going to Tia's Hot Spas ( $5 a person ) for an hour or two and then head to the beach. Arrange it with the cab driver in advance.

Antigua...

Church Valley Beach, but Dickinson Beach is just as nice and closer. $8 in a cab to Church Valley.

St Maarten...

The Town Beach. We walk to it from the ship, but you can take the water taxi there and back for $7. The boardwalk has many nice bars/ restaurants, and shopping is right behind the boardwalk.

I hope this helps. You will enjoy all the stops and the Serenade of the seas!

Edited by existentialtraveler

Great video. Just booked this cruise this morning (and in the same room what are the odds.) How was the room? How was the DL? I see that the hours are 4:30 to 8 and not too happy about that but will make it work. ;)

Any other *tips?*

Great video. Just booked this cruise this morning (and in the same room what are the odds.) How was the room? How was the DL? I see that the hours are 4:30 to 8 and not too happy about that but will make it work. ;)

Any other *tips?*

I am glad you enjoyed the video.

This was our first inside cabin ever, and we booked it with some trepidation. It was, however, no big deal at all. I liked it.

The DL was awesome. The BAR rotates....very cool! And the specialty coffees were terrific. The HOST, Gamma, was a very nice guy.

No real "tips," except for the mini golf course. We saved it for the last sea day, but the seas and wind were so bad the Captain closed off the outside decks and drained the pools on the last day. The pool tables are fun though!

I am sure you will enjoy the Serenade as much as we did.

Thanks. How much of your time does it take to make a 30 minute video like that?

What takes the longest is sifting through the hundreds of photos and then putting them into order and then finding appropriate music. After doing that, the actual making of the video is pretty easy. It took me about 4 hours, start to finish.

Edited by existentialtraveler

What takes the longest is sifting through the hundreds of photos and then putting them into order and then finding appropriate music. After doing that, the actual making of the video is pretty easy. It took me about 4 hours, start to finish.

A lot of work, but an excellent video. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...