Anthem should make change

BILLP1

We were on the 1/15/2016 Anthem cruise and the one thing that stood out to me was how bad the service was in the free restaurants on the third and fourth decks. They were all very large and seemed dis- organized. People arrive at different time depending on their reservation. It just doesn't seem to work.

RCCL should combine Silk and American Bistro into a main dining room and go back to the traditional early and late seating. Chic and The Grande could be combined to make them open seatings. Not saying this is the only answer but something has to change.

Just how BAD can the service be? I guess if you are in a rush to see a show, or need to be somewhere at a particular time, the service may seem slow. I just know that when we go out to dinner at a restaurant, I do not want to be rushed and allot two hours for dinner "out". We are there to relax and enjoy ourselves. If we only have a particular amount of time for a meal, then we go to the buffet. I think people need to "lighten up" and "relax". Perhaps we are the extreme. We are very laid back people and not too much bothers us. :)

We had wonderful service in both American Icon and Silk. At dinnertime we were in and out of both restaurants in less then an hour. We also had breakfast and lunch in America Icon almost everyday and never had a wait or an issue with service. The food was quite good. We also had a great room steward and fabulous bar servers.

The only issue we had on the ship was our fellow passengers. They were the most self important people we have ever sailed with. The entire 11 days we contended with people that would try to get on an elevator before letting the other guests off. Also if there was a line for something like a show there would be people trying to cut into it. I saw an argument break out in 270 because a gentleman disregarded the line entirely because he just wanted "one thing".

At almost every bar someone would walk up and start tapping their card on the bar top to get service. Just plain rude.

I'm not sure why our experience was different with dining and staff, but I wouldn't hesitate to book another cruise on the ship. I'm just going to pack a whistle and blow it when the rules of civility are violated.

We had wonderful service in both American Icon and Silk. At dinnertime we were in and out of both restaurants in less then an hour. We also had breakfast and lunch in America Icon almost everyday and never had a wait or an issue with service. The food was quite good. We also had a great room steward and fabulous bar servers.

The only issue we had on the ship was our fellow passengers. They were the most self important people we have ever sailed with. The entire 11 days we contended with people that would try to get on an elevator before letting the other guests off. Also if there was a line for something like a show there would be people trying to cut into it. I saw an argument break out in 270 because a gentleman disregarded the line entirely because he just wanted "one thing".

At almost every bar someone would walk up and start tapping their card on the bar top to get service. Just plain rude.

I'm not sure why our experience was different with dining and staff, but I wouldn't hesitate to book another cruise on the ship. I'm just going to pack a whistle and blow it when the rules of civility are violated.

Agreed! But, isn't it fun people watching?:D We've seen some neanderthals treating the waiters and room staff horribly. Just awful.

We were not in a rush in any restaurant but my problem with service was ordering a glass of wine then we we order our meal and the app would arrive but no wine ten minutes latter the main coarse would arrive with the wine. We asked for a second glass of wine which arrived with dessert. We asked for a double expresso instead of coffee and the waitress did not know what w`e m`want . It arrived as a single expresso. No big deal but we are talking service.. Things like that happened more then once.

One night after dinner on our way out of American Bistro at least five different Celebrity people asked us how was you service. They know that they are having service problems according to Celebrity people we spoke to.

I actually have been reading that service has improved...a lot of happy cruisers.

I do have a question - do they have one side of the room for DD classic and one for regular DD? Or do they intermingle the tables?

I actually have been reading that service has improved...a lot of happy cruisers.

I do have a question - do they have one side of the room for DD classic and one for regular DD? Or do they intermingle the tables?

Yes I did see one side of a restaurant venue for Classic dining and the other half for DD, I did not see any intermingle.

Guest maddycat
We were not in a rush in any restaurant but my problem with service was ordering a glass of wine then we we order our meal and the app would arrive but no wine ten minutes latter the main coarse would arrive with the wine. We asked for a second glass of wine which arrived with dessert. We asked for a double expresso instead of coffee and the waitress did not know what w`e m`want . It arrived as a single expresso. No big deal but we are talking service.. Things like that happened more then once.

One night after dinner on our way out of American Bistro at least five different Celebrity people asked us how was you service. They know that they are having service problems according to Celebrity people we spoke to.

Did you mean Royal Caribbean? Anthem is a Royal Caribbean ship not a Celebrity ship.

Yes I did see one side of a restaurant venue for Classic dining and the other half for DD, I did not see any intermingle.

They try to keep them apart, but there is some mingling.

A couple of nights ago, we were seated right in the middle of fixed dining people. A group hadn't shown up, so we were given their table.

:D

Did you mean Royal Caribbean? Anthem is a Royal Caribbean ship not a Celebrity ship.

And what is American Bistro? No such animal.

You have your choice of American Icon Grille or Solarium Bistro. Which was it?

Just how BAD can the service be? I guess if you are in a rush to see a show, or need to be somewhere at a particular time, the service may seem slow. I just know that when we go out to dinner at a restaurant, I do not want to be rushed and allot two hours for dinner "out". We are there to relax and enjoy ourselves. If we only have a particular amount of time for a meal, then we go to the buffet. I think people need to "lighten up" and "relax". Perhaps we are the extreme. We are very laid back people and not too much bothers us. :)

I agree. We New Jersey people know how to have fun!

A couple of nights ago, we were seated right in the middle of fixed dining people. A group hadn't shown up, so we were given their table.

We had DD and exactly the same thing happened to us one night in the American Icon and it was the Classic Dining waiter that served us who told us this.

Edited by robtulipe

Yes, I agree. What ever happened to getting away from it all? Everyone is on cell phones constantly, rushing here and there. Use to be relaxing going on cruise Now so much to do and plan. And people have gotten so rude and have come to expect to be treated like royalty with disregard to others. It's a shame . I have never experienced really bad service in the dining room I am not sure if this is something just related to Anthem or not however, always book Classic dining and do have it this time also

Didn't see it or experience any mingling on either of our Anthem sailings. Did mingling make any difference in your dining experience, so I know for our next cruise whether we should mingle or not? We like to eat and run and be finish with dinner within 45 mins. or less, we're not coffee or dessert people.

Didn't see it or experience any mingling on either of our Anthem sailings. Did mingling make any difference in your dining experience, so I know for our next cruise whether we should mingle or not? We like to eat and run and be finish with dinner within 45 mins. or less, we're not coffee or dessert people.

Not even the teeniest bit of difference.

We just noticed when "everyone" around us left at the same time. Our waiter explained.

Edited by Merion_Mom