Princess Rewards, Refundable OBC??

time4sun

Another option so you don't have to worry about it is just apply it to the cost of the cruise, get it back as a credit on the credit card.

I do the same thing...get a credit towards my credit card statement balance & earn more double points for all of my Princess cruise purchases. ;)

Edited by Astro Flyer

Another option so you don't have to worry about it is just apply it to the cost of the cruise, get it back as a credit on the credit card.

This is exactly what we do.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

How do you apply it to the cost of the cruise? Can you apply it after final payment has been made?

If you call Barclay they can easily redeem your points for a charge card credit.

When viewing my online statement I can access the FAQs and the redemption levels. I've never redeemed points online but as I recall you may have to provide a booking number. I've called to redeem points for a charge card credit & don't remember being asked for a booking number.

But calling Barclay would confirm the procedure which we've done several times & I call them each time to easily receive my charge card credit.

Edited by Astro Flyer

I've started having the credit applied back to my credit card too, instead of having the OBC onboard. In the past I had the OBC applied to spend onboard, but after reading here on CC that I could get it as a credit card credit, I did that for my last cruise. It was very easy, and I had peace of mind that it was done and I didn't have to wait until the cruise to get it.

I prepaid my shore excursions in the personalizer, used my credit card, then used points to pay off the shore excursions prior to sailing. I had used the credit card to pay for the cruise too, so that helped build the points.

I think that's easier than worrying about spending it onboard and getting a refund. But having said that, in the past we did have some unused OBC and were able to get a cash refund on the last night of the cruise.