oceanvirw Suites

lcookie

I haven't cruised before (first time will be later this month), but I have looked at lots of cabin photos, and I don't see any kind of dividers in any of the rooms other than the very large suites (Captain's Suite and the like).

We wondered this as well when we were considering a suite, as we like to use hotel suites when we travel so we can put the kids to bed and then go into the next room. But their definition of "suite" is different.

We ended up going with a scenic ocean view instead. Almost as big as a suite, but cheaper.

I have a question for any past oceanview suite passengers. Is there a divider that separates the main bed from the sofa bed?

we only ever cruise in oceanview rooms and there has never been a divider between the bed and the sofa bed usually the sofa bed is longways and the bed is side ways from the sofa bed

OP, do you mean Ocean Suites (category OS)? I've not heard of Oceanview Suites before. If OceanView Suite is actually a category, what ships are they on and how do they differ from Ocean Suites?

ETA: The Ocean View cabins (category OV) with which I am familiar are not Suites - they are just cabins with windows and no balcony.

If you mean Ocean Suite, we have stayed in 2 different Ocean Suites on the Pride and they did not have a divider between the bed and the Pullman and sofa beds. We're staying in our third OS on Pride in September and I'll report back on that, if it would help.

Edited by ShakyBeef

We're staying in our third OS on Pride in September and I'll report back on that, if it would help.

#6258 by any chance? :D

I'm interested in the balcony configuration since it isn't with the other ocean suites on deck six.

#6258 by any chance? :D

I'm interested in the balcony configuration since it isn't with the other ocean suites on deck six.

No, sorry, we'll be on Deck 8 this time. We've been in Ocean Suites 6173 and 8271 before, as well as the wonderful 4237 (Vista Suite).:)

Soo technically since there is no separate bedroom with any sort of divider, these rooms are not really "suites".

They are still wonderful though and having a normal sized bathroom with a real whirlpool tub is extra lovely!

Ummmm, where did you find that technicality? I have stayed in many Carnival suites that did not have a separate room.

Ocean Suites 5341 and 5340 are ocean suites not vista suites. I know because I was in one last week. The vista rooms start on deck 6.

You are correct, I was wrong. Unique rooms (added during the retrofit), but they are called Ocean Suites.

Soo technically since there is no separate bedroom with any sort of divider, these rooms are not really "suites".

They are still wonderful though and having a normal sized bathroom with a real whirlpool tub is extra lovely!

Ummmm, where did you find that technicality? I have stayed in many Carnival suites that did not have a separate room.

I think that's kinda Riff's point - that Carnival calls them Suites but they aren't, really. I think he was referring to the definition of 'suite' - "a set of rooms designated for one person's or family's use or for a particular purpose." I think he's saying since it isn't a group of multiple rooms, it's not really a "Suite", which is something I've though about before, as well. However, the Ocean Suites do have that dressing room / walk-in closet / bathroom anteroom (whatever you want to think of it as), that can be closed off seperately from the bathroom on one end and the rest of the cabin on the other end. So if one wants to get really broad with the definition of a "room", the Ocean Suite could then be considered a "set of rooms".:rolleyes::p

Edited by ShakyBeef

• 3 months later...