Need help choosing a cabin

JEN5508

It's a matter of how much money you want to spend. The most comfortable (for me) would be 3 staterooms, with the kids and grandparents in their own staterooms. This would give you some privacy. However, this would likely be more expensive than putting 4 people in one stateroom.

My kids are 12 & 14. We have done 4 Disney cruises & on our one last year decided to go with 2 inside connecting rooms. We loved that and it ended up being cheaper than sharing a balcony room. We decided to do the same thing for our Liberty cruise next month. For us, we would much rather have the extra space and bathrooms as well as the extra privacy.

Grandparents separate room.

Agreed.

We have cruised twice with our (now-grown, then-definitely growing!) children and we had no other choice but to take a balcony cabin and put them on the sofa bed. We made it work because we wanted these family vacations and had no other option, financially. I understand it is not the optimal solution, but I think for a week, a family can make it work.

Grandparents should be in a separate cabin. :)

I'm going to check on a connecting room...However, on the Oasis, the balcony does not overlook the ocean on the standard balcony rooms, instead in overlooks the ship... I've never cruised so I'm unsure on what to do. The kids are 11 and 14 boy/girl....they will not share a bed... Not sure if I can afford the cost of another room.

Jennifer

I'm going to check on a connecting room...However, on the Oasis, the balcony does not overlook the ocean on the standard balcony rooms, instead in overlooks the ship... I've never cruised so I'm unsure on what to do. The kids are 11 and 14 boy/girl....they will not share a bed... Not sure if I can afford the cost of another room.

Jennifer

For us a second room was not much more $ at all. I am sure that varies from cruise to cruise and depends on what the current promo is.

I have done this before with my friends (Husband and wife), her father and their two adult boys. Her and her husband took the masterbedroom, her father and I took the second bedroom (This has 2 twin beds and 2 drop down out of ceiling bunk beds) and a sofa sleeper in living room, which the boys used. This worked out great for us. It has 2 bathrooms. And in this category, everyone in suite has use of the concierge suite. You must have a minimun of 5 to book out far. The balcony on this was hugh...almost half of the back of the ship... You can only bookthese cabins thru TA or directly thru RCCL.

Edited by joan081460

We have done an inside with 4, 2 connecting balconies 2 in each room and various suits usually with four, once with 5. Each cruise was a different experience and we just made it all work! The trick is to not over pack and for everyone to put their own stuff away. Having the 2 bathrooms in the connecting rooms were very nice, but it wouldn't make or break a cruise for us. Good luck with what ever you choose!

Other than our first cruise when our 2 kids were younger, we've gone with 2 cabins for the added space and second bathroom (especially with 2 daughters!). At first, we put the kids in an inside (technically, in a Promenade) and had a balcony across the hall for the parents. The kids were 12 and 15 and LOVED having their own room. You'd obviously know best if this would work for your kids. This saved money vs. 2 connecting balconies. You would need to price this out to see how much more expensive this would be compared to putting everyone in a single cabin.

I'm thinking about doing an interior balcony and getting the kids their own room. Do you know if Royal has connecting rooms or would their room be separate? By connecting..I mean a door from my room to their room?

Yes, Royal has some connecting rooms.

Ok..do they guarantee what rooms we will get at time of booking? I don't want to show up and all of us be on separate floors.

Sure, you are able to pick out your exact staterooms if you like.

The kids are 11 and 14 boy/girl....they will not share a bed... Not sure if I can afford the cost of another room.

Jennifer

If you get a room for 4 you will likely get a drop down bunk bed. One child on the sofa and one on the bunk, therefore no sharing of the bed. Its just a tight squeeze.

I find use up all the storage space with three of us in one stateroom.

If you get a room for 4 you will likely get a drop down bunk bed. One child on the sofa and one on the bunk, therefore no sharing of the bed. Its just a tight squeeze.

I find use up all the storage space with three of us in one stateroom.

You MIGHT get a pullman (i.e.. drop-down) and a sofa bed, but you might only get the sofa. Be sure you ak what the bedding configuration is before you book. There are also cabins that have 2 pullman berths which might work well for you. Just make sure you know exactly what you are paying for. Have a great cruise whatever you decide. :)