Serenade of the Seas - 11NT South Caribbean Cruise. Cruise Compasses and Photos

Hi all!

CRUISEBOY305 ~ thanks so much for all the info & beautiful pictures.:D You're getting me so excited for my cruise on the lovely Serenade in April.

I'm curious as to what the pink ground is in a picture from Aruba, I think it was please.

Thanks again.

~ Jo ~ :)

Thank You!!!!

Those are the salt ponds in Bonaire.

Here's a little information on the pink color in the water from La Placita (which has a nice little salt shop by the port)

http://www.laplacitabonaire.com/about-the-pink-colors/

12710758_10208283687547442_3303741555294632550_o.jpg

Great review and photos. Thanks for taking the time.

Enjoyed your reports and great photos, I did that cruise several ago, and now it is on my to do list.

Thank you so much.

Glad you enjoyed. :D

Next photo review will be in April for Vision Transatlantic ;)

On Navigator last Sept., we got six bottles of water & we are only Platinum.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thats interesting, I thought the bottled water "perk" started with Emerald. Am I wrong? I never got water when I was Platinum. Then again that was a while ago. :rolleyes:

:eek::eek:

Thats interesting, I thought the bottled water "perk" started with Emerald. Am I wrong? I never got water when I was Platinum. Then again that was a while ago. :rolleyes:

:eek::eek:

No! You are correct!! Doh! I meant Emerald.... Long week. [emoji854] sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Loved your thread, with all of the pictures and information! We will be on the 10 night itinerary, and after reading the compasses, I've made some notes on things to watch for. They may not be on the same day, but they will probably show up at some point. ;) It was really nice of you to take the time, to post everything!

Loved your thread, with all of the pictures and information! We will be on the 10 night itinerary, and after reading the compasses, I've made some notes on things to watch for. They may not be on the same day, but they will probably show up at some point. ;) It was really nice of you to take the time, to post everything!

Thank You.

Enjoy your cruise :D

Hi all!

Erik ~ thanks so much for the picture & link about the salt. I've never been to Bonaire but sure would like to see this.

Looking so forward to the 10 day Serenade cruise in April.

~ Jo ~ :)

my pleasure.

If you had to buy just 1 item in Bonaire, I'd go with salt.

:D

Hi Erik

Thank you for posting all the photos from the cruise.

It was nice of you to do such a time consuming job. We both loved the cruise. Our favorite tour was St. Lucia - especially the speed boat.

Hope to meet you again on a future cruise.

BARBARA SOLOMON and

JANIE GARCIA

Hi Erik

Thank you for posting all the photos from the cruise.

It was nice of you to do such a time consuming job. We both loved the cruise. Our favorite tour was St. Lucia - especially the speed boat.

Hope to meet you again on a future cruise.

BARBARA SOLOMON and

JANIE GARCIA

My Pleasure. It was lovely meeting you Barbara and Janie. Glad you enjoyed the St Lucia tour. I've gotten a lot of great feedback about our tour and I made sure Herod knows that. :D

Hope to sail with you again soon.

• 2 weeks later...
Where are the actual menus posted? The daily Compass only shows the name of the menu for that particular night.

Go to "beyond ships dot com" (no spaces) and click on Serenade of the seas and then menus. I think all 11 are there.

CruiserBoy305...great review!! We're on Serenade in under 2 weeks and can't wait.

Can you tell me if they offered any wine-by-the-bottle packages at embarkation on the ship? I know RCL doesn't offer them on the website but I've read that they often have ship-specific packages available when you board...

CruiserBoy305...great review!! We're on Serenade in under 2 weeks and can't wait.

Can you tell me if they offered any wine-by-the-bottle packages at embarkation on the ship? I know RCL doesn't offer them on the website but I've read that they often have ship-specific packages available when you board...

yes they did.

Sorry but I'm not sure of the exact details

Thanks for posting the Cruise Compasses. I saw you had Topi as CD. We had him on our Legend TA. He was so much better! He scheduled Enrichment Presentations, including his own trip across the South Pacific. Our own CD last October, November told us they didn't do Enrichment Presentations unless they had four sea days in a row.

Looks like we'll need to start saving the officer printouts.

We had Dave Cole on Sapphire Princess for our Hawaii trip, and he was so much better than the CD last year.

CD enthusiasm really can bump a cruise to the next level!