Question about Delta 75H

jetexpress

Just had an equipment swap and went from a 75X to a 75H/D. In row 15 of the "mini cabin" of Comfort+ are the AVOD screens and tray tables in the armrests or somehow placed on the two F seats in front of you? Pictures I have found appear to be in armrest, but The "guru" of seats does not provide their typical disclaimer when this is the case.

They are most likely attached to the bulkhead. DL puts them in armrests only when there isn't a bulkhead for them to be attached to (at least in my experience). They are smaller, IMO, than the seatback ones, further away and less useful for watching the screen. If you are interested in watching the screen, get a different seat. If you want to have floor storage for your carryon, get a different seat. If you want legroom to stretch your legs under the seat in front of you, get a different seat. If you value not having someone lean back into "your space", get this seat.

And yes, there is a physical bulkhead on 757s between first and coach.

They are most likely attached to the bulkhead. DL puts them in armrests only when there isn't a bulkhead for them to be attached to (at least in my experience). They are smaller, IMO, than the seatback ones, further away and less useful for watching the screen. If you are interested in watching the screen, get a different seat. If you want to have floor storage for your carryon, get a different seat. If you want legroom to stretch your legs under the seat in front of you, get a different seat. If you value not having someone lean back into "your space", get this seat.

And yes, there is a physical bulkhead on 757s between first and coach.

FlyerTalker,

You are much more knowledgeable than myself and please correct me if I'm wrong. I was under the impression that DL 757s that had been modded to 75H config were separated by a mesh screen. See picture.

As always, thanks for your insight.

ImageUploadedByForums1454953147.242682.jpg.3ffdbeb180e08b10418b5c3e8545f28b.jpg

Edited by jetexpress

Been on Flyertalk for 11 years. Have heard the Embraers called Jungle Jets and the CRJ's called lawn darts, but never heard of 757's being called ghetto birds.

Likewise. I've heard "lawn darts" and "Barbie jets" but not "ghetto birds." Probably appropriate for many of the DL 757's though, LOL

Been on Flyertalk for 11 years. Have heard the Embraers called Jungle Jets and the CRJ's called lawn darts, but never heard of 757's being called ghetto birds.

Milepoint (Flyertalks's little brother) used to toss the term around quite a bit. Especially when talking about UA. I just went back, (haven't been on there in a while as the endless winning about everything got old after a while) and did a quick search and the first few posts I found they were calling 767's GB's. I'm pretty sure I remember the 57's getting that name as well, but I could be wrong. (Getting old and the old internal hard drive isn't what it used to be...cant even remember what I had for breakfast. :eek:)