Live on the Liberty

djh

Thanks for posting this article. Having spent a good deal of time on Grand Cayman I suspect that there are several groups vying for where a pier would be built. A pier does wonders for property values and there are some powerful business and landowners on Cayman. If a business consortium emerges the environmental issues will become negligible, just like in Cozumel.

I assume you mean business property values. I don't think residential property values would go up because a cruise ship pier is across the street.

I assume you mean business property values. I don't think residential property values would go up because a cruise ship pier is across the street.

No, If Diamonds International, Tanzanite, Del Sol or any other port retailer wanted the residential property to convert to business purposes its value would probably increase exponentially. I don't believe that Grand Cayman has Imminent Domain. If a pier ever goes in I doubt that it would be in downtown Georgetown area.

Edited by Don Pedro

No, If Diamonds International, Tanzanite, Del Sol or any other port retailer wanted the residential property to convert to business purposes its value would probably increase exponentially. I don't believe that Grand Cayman has Imminent Domain. If a pier ever goes in I doubt that it would be in downtown Georgetown area.

How about uptown?

What 2 nights are formal on this itinerary? I was on the same cruise last year on the Nav. and forgot. I'm wanting to reserve some specialty dinning for my Liberty cruise in May its the same itinerary.

In December, formal nights were Mon and Thurs.

Carla

The liberty looked great until the Allure pulled in behind her:(, now its hard to really see how she looks.:mad:

The Allure? I don't think so.... She's being repaired in her home port right now. DOH!

I can't see that this is a webcam... A still picture is all I see.... [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The Allure? I don't think so.... She's being repaired in her home port right now. DOH!

I can't see that this is a webcam... A still picture is all I see.... [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It is the Allure and the webcam updates ever 10 to 15 sec's

I am so glad that I am not Diamond, Diamond+, Pinnacle, Suite Cabins so that I don't have to "worry" about where I can sit and have a drink. I have the whole ship to sit and have my drink or not have my drink. No worries for me. :)

Agreed!!!

Originally Posted by Gator83 View Post

I am so glad that I am not Diamond, Diamond+, Pinnacle, Suite Cabins so that I don't have to "worry" about where I can sit and have a drink. I have the whole ship to sit and have my drink or not have my drink. No worries for me.

Agreed!!!

You are right who wants to sit in a nice place and get drinks for free also some nice cold and hot appetizers. and they force us to stay there. Also who wants all the other perks such as discounted cabins etc etc

Good afternoon from Cozumel. It's a beautiful day, warm with a cool wind making it extremely pleasant. To answer some questions, yes, lobster night (formal) is on Thursday. The lobster was good, the prime rib was not.

For the people that asked about the drink punch card, it was offered today. In November on this ship it wasn't offered until Friday. The cost is $67 for ten drinks from the ultimate selection max $12 value. It can be shared with others.

The water slides are open in port, Tidal Wave still has not opened to the public. Lots of test runs. I think they must be having water pressure issues. When I was watching it on Tuesday, it seemed to be slamming people into the wall pretty hard at the end. I'll try to remember to ask the status of that tomorrow.

I have not forgotten the question about slide rules or Giovanni's at lunch. I haven't found a lunch menu yet and every time I walk back to the slide area, I have forgotten my phone. I do remember that you have to be 48 inches tall to ride it.

I'm curious about others opinions of crew and staff on upcoming cruises. I still for the most part think that they are not as friendly or accommodating as on the Navigator. They might be stressed from changes, overwork etc I don't know. Maybe they just haven't found their groove yet. Our cabin steward is wonderful and to me that's one of the most important things on a cruise.

I don't know if i mentioned that the suites have been totally redone. New curtains, drapes, new upholstery on the sofa bed, carpet and tile in the bathroom. It's very nice. I'll ask our attendant if they only did suites or other rooms for those that want to know.

If I missed any questions please let me know. Internet here is still iffy in my room sometimes but I will try to answer. Wish I could use the voom on the Allure docked next to us!

Debbie