February 13th on Anthem?

Lizcourt

They are to dock at 9pm weds night with guests debarking Thursday morning

Reportedly they are traveling slowly. Has anyone heard why so slowly?

Is it intentional to arrive at port that time ? Mechanical? Weather related?

Any idea?

I spoke with RCCL on 2/9/16 about Anthem's Saturday cruise. I know that they must make a positive statement to assure the next passengers who embark that everything will be fine. However, they were quick to say that any passenger who wish to reschedule or cancel this date, will receive a penalty. As a passenger who want to be safe when cruising, I would like to be given an option. RCCL appears to be more interested in making a profit than the safety of the passenger. They have Thursday and Friday to repair Anthem of the Seas. I sort of feel like a cruise test dummy sailing on her 2/13/16.

I spoke with RCCL on 2/9/16 about Anthem's Saturday cruise. I know that they must make a positive statement to assure the next passengers who embark that everything will be fine. However, they were quick to say that any passenger who wish to reschedule or cancel this date, will receive a penalty. As a passenger who want to be safe when cruising, I would like to be given an option. RCCL appears to be more interested in making a profit than the safety of the passenger. They have Thursday and Friday to repair Anthem of the Seas. I sort of feel like a cruise test dummy sailing on her 2/13/16.

Unless there is any major structural/mechanical damage, there is no need to cancel the sailing and no need to allow passengers to change. They won't risk having another incident at sea, so all should be good by your sailing. And if not, the sailing could get cancelled.

dont worry. The ship is still floating. You will leave on time. They have already lost money. AOS may not be 100% but leave you will. May be some issues during your cruise but they need your $$. Very poor communication indeed. Many ways to get the word out to you guys sailing on saturday.

...and what word would they be getting out to them? Please enlighten everyone. :rolleyes:

I'm sailing Saturday. I have been waiting for a simple statement from Royal Caribbean that says "all future cruises will sail as planned."

I got an email today at 3pm that said:

"Special Note:

Dear Guest,

The show We Will Rock You on February 14th, 2016 at 9:00PM has been rescheduled to February 14th, 2016 at 6:30 PM. Your reservation has automatically been moved.

We apologize for this inconvenience and we look forward to seeing you onboard Anthem of the Seas!

Royal Caribbean Entertainment & Guest Activities"

I logged onto the ore cruise site to see how that scheduled change would effect my Valentines Day dinner reservations. While logged in, I tried to book the sky dive simulator as I had been UNABLE to book it previously. To my surprise I was able to book the simulator.

Modifications being made to show schedules and being able to book new activities makes it seem like everything will be a go for departure on the 13th.

Lol that is EXACTLY what is considered cosmetic things. Glass is sooooo minor. The ship was designed to take much much worse. Glass railing is not essential to sail. Plywood could easily suffice if glass wasn't available which it will be. 100% you wont even know anything happened the week before. The elevators would be my biggest concern but I'm sure those are just shut down as a precautionary things as they will need to be reinspected if any alarms went off in them. Not an expert so this is all IMO. But mostly seems like common sense to anyone with engineering experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Oh, you mean those silly glass panels that keep people from falling from deck to deck or off their balcony. Silly little cosmetic things!

I'm sailing Saturday. I have been waiting for a simple statement from Royal Caribbean that says "all future cruises will sail as planned."

I got an email today at 3pm that said:

"Special Note:

Dear Guest,

The show We Will Rock You on February 14th, 2016 at 9:00PM has been rescheduled to February 14th, 2016 at 6:30 PM. Your reservation has automatically been moved.

We apologize for this inconvenience and we look forward to seeing you onboard Anthem of the Seas!

Royal Caribbean Entertainment & Guest Activities"

I logged onto the ore cruise site to see how that scheduled change would effect my Valentines Day dinner reservations. While logged in, I tried to book the sky dive simulator as I had been UNABLE to book it previously. To my surprise I was able to book the simulator.

Modifications being made to show schedules and being able to book new activities makes it seem like everything will be a go for departure on the 13th.

I wouldn't take that as any indication of whether anthem will sail or not.

If you ask me, that's BS. With what happened this week and the uncertainty around Saturday!s sailing, they should let people,cancel without penalty.

Oh, you mean those silly glass panels that keep people from falling from deck to deck or off their balcony. Silly little cosmetic things!

Connie,

I'm not the only person who has told you that those things (glass panels) are cosmetic. Which they are. So I will say AGAIN, since apparently you can't read my whole response, that they can repair those temporarily with wood IF the glass could not be immediately available. It has been done many times before on ships, as glass breaks more than you would think. Hence the name glass. They paint it grey or white, make it look nice and you don't typically even notice anything. Not sure what else to tell someone who isn't willing to learn something or listen.

P.S. Must be some weird reports out, that I mysteriously never saw, of peoples balcony glass shattering. Have not heard that anywhere unless you can show me. Lots of chairs missing I'm sure. More easy fixes.

Edited by Powersboyee2

I am not in your position but I would say they do not have an answer yet. They really need the ship to dock and take stock of all that needs to be fixed. If they tell people yes we are sailing as planned then something comes up that negates that people will be upset. If they say a day delay and it turns to 2 people will be upset. If they say not sure yet people will be outraged. Of course they are not making anyone happy being silent, but not sure what else they can say. Hopefully soon after the ship docks you will have a definitive answer.

I know it is tough but it really is a wait and see at this point.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Connie,

I'm not the only person who has told you that those things (glass panels) are cosmetic. Which they are. So I will say AGAIN, since apparently you can't read my whole response, that they can repair those temporarily with wood IF the glass could not be immediately available. It has been done many times before on ships, as glass breaks more than you would think. Hence the name glass. They paint it grey or white, make it look nice and you don't typically even notice anything. Not sure what else to tell someone who isn't willing to learn something or listen.

P.S. Must be some weird reports out, that I mysteriously never saw, of peoples balcony glass shattering. Have not heard that anywhere unless you can show me. Lots of chairs missing I'm sure. More easy fixes.

I don't think we have any idea exactly what was damaged or broken. Glass panels that make up railings or other safety things like that are not cosmetic. And we have no idea the extent of that damage. And, again, while they could nail up some boards, I highly doubt they are going to go around the ship nailing wood in place and have her go out like that on a sailing if it's more significant or high number of broken areas. We can speculate all day but until the ship is assessed, we have no idea what damage is cosmetic, which damage is more significant and whether or not all that is needed will,be in place in NJ by Thursday.

Edited by conandrob240

Connie,

I did see one post on the boards that someones balcony doors shattered and the cabin was destroyed. That would only be one cabin though so wouldn't delay sailing.

I did see one post on the boards that someones balcony doors shattered and the cabin was destroyed. That would only be one cabin though so wouldn't delay sailing.

One report ported account on social media. That doesn't mean only one cabin. So, think those glass balcony doors are cosmetic?

Interesting, I have not seen that. If you could point me to where so I can read the post i'd appreciate it. This all has been quite interesting.

My family is scheduled on the 13th sailing and I would love (like 5,000 other folks) to know something. RCL is obviously not going to say anything until at least tomorrow (likely around 3PM - 48 hours prior to sailing). The most informative info we have gotten was from the Captain's video on Monday/Tuesday.

The most info we are going to get today would be from those on board (all of whom I am glad are ok and hopefully recovering from tremendous trauma on Sunday).

So.... Could anyone who is currently on board find out something from one of the officers on board (the other crew members are certainly in the dark). Like:

1) The slowdown is for some reason? Is it to avoid rough seas, port scheduling or damage to the ship? Is there azipod or stabilizer damage? If so, and i was on board that would tick me off as then the boat certainly should have docked in Florida or Norfolk or somewhere else rather than risking getting into a mechanical breakdown situation at sea.

2) How much cosmetic damage looks like it needs to be repaired? How many glass panels are broken? How many balcony railings are damaged? Is the retractable roof on the indoor pool really stuck open? Why would it have been in the open position anyway during the storm?

3) Is it true that the ship has been more rocky then the seas suggest (suggesting some sort of stabilizer issue)?

4) Ask an officer directly if they think the ship will be sailing next week?

5) If nothing else, ask the crew (they dont want to lose another week of tips. On that subject PLEASE everyone still tip the crew -- its not their faults -- they were through the same harrowing experience as you and they were at work for it not on vacation. Their families depend on the $$$$.