Weather forecast week of 2/14

ALS1214

Does anyone have a pretty accurate site to track potential weather systems? After the anthem incident I'm getting a bit spooked. Was looking forward to the Breakaway, but with hubby with mobility issues and unsteady on his feet I'm feeling less than excited.[emoji20]

Put your worries to the side. Captains deal with weather issues more times than you have gone grocery shopping. The RCL incident was an anomaly.

Sites like the Weather Channel and Intellicast are good sources but you really have no need to stress.

Enjoy your cruise.

Under the circumstances I can understand your feelings of hesitation.

I use two websites, each quite accurate and good for comparison purposes. If you already use these then you're probably as close to knowing as anyone else. Mother nature hasn't been too forthcoming with her information lately.

Weather Network - http://www.theweathernetwork.com/us/weather/new-york/new-york

Accuweather - http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/new-york-ny/10007/weather-forecast/349727

You can also look for Marine weather here and it should pick up your location:

http://www.buoyweather.com/map/

Hope this helps.

You might think about it like this -

The conditions on the Anthem were the worst pretty much anyone has seen. As said above, it was an anomaly. Despite that, out of 4000 passengers (a good percentage of whom likely have mobility issues), only 4 people had minor injuries. That's it.

Does anyone have a pretty accurate site to track potential weather systems? After the anthem incident I'm getting a bit spooked. Was looking forward to the Breakaway, but with hubby with mobility issues and unsteady on his feet I'm feeling less than excited.[emoji20]

They didn't get last weekends correct and your looking for next weeks forecast LOL

Go and enjoy your trip, their is nothing you can do about the weather............you could play it real safe and cancel your cruise. Go and have a great time

Edited by Laszlo

I usually use this one to get an idea of the weather to expect for my upcoming cruises - but it only lists weather in the scheduled ports, and I am not certain how accurate it is. My own experience have been that the weather is usually nicer than this cruise weather website predicts. It shows the correct itinerary for your cruise, but only 7 days from today (in every port). And then tomorrow it will show 7 days starting tomorrow, and so on.

Maybe you might find this helpful (I have downloaded the forecast for your Breakaway cruise to make it easier for you to find it):

http://cruiseoutlook.com/report/norwegian_breakaway_7_nights_2016-02-14

I usually use this one to get an idea of the weather to expect for my upcoming cruises - but it only lists weather in the scheduled ports, and I am not certain how accurate it is. My own experience have been that the weather is usually nicer than this cruise weather website predicts. It shows the correct itinerary for your cruise, but only 7 days from today (in every port). And then tomorrow it will show 7 days starting tomorrow, and so on.

Maybe you might find this helpful (I have downloaded the forecast for your Breakaway cruise to make it easier for you to find it):

http://cruiseoutlook.com/report/norwegian_breakaway_7_nights_2016-02-14

thanks!

I know I am being a Nervous Nelly. I know I would be sad if we decided not to go because of one incident. Last year on the dawn, we had winds and rough seas for a day and it was fine. I went to Martini Tasting and had a blast.

just very scary to see it on the news.

Hi,

On the Breakaway this Sunday as well. Yes, the photos and reports from the Anthem are definitely disturbing but their experience is certainly not the norm.

I have a friend who is a captain of a commercial fishing boat and he uses passageweather.com to track wind conditions.

Of course there are no guarantees with weather - or anything else in life - but it looks pretty good for us next week.

Best,

Maryann

I'm feeling better about the trip. Will watch weather and hope for the best. Once I hit some nice beverages I will be laughing that I was so scared. I have been looking at the Breakaway since it was introduced. I hope we all have a fabulous cruise!