Purchased Items not on Invoice

miataman19

Hey gang, we purchased the FTTF for our July 16th sailing on Valor. About 3 weeks ago I purchased a 5 wine package. I checked my online docs this morning to update some info and the FTTF purchase is on all the spots it should be but the wine package is not. Both are paid for. Will the wine package not show up at all on my invoice and I'll just get a sticker or something similar at check-in at the port?

Hey gang, we purchased the FTTF for our July 16th sailing on Valor. About 3 weeks ago I purchased a 5 wine package. I checked my online docs this morning to update some info and the FTTF purchase is on all the spots it should be but the wine package is not. Both are paid for. Will the wine package not show up at all on my invoice and I'll just get a sticker or something similar at check-in at the port?

I have not heard of someone pre purchasing a wine package (not to say it does not happen.....). My guess is that your head waiter would notify you the first night. All that being said I would bring paper backup of the purchase with me, if it were me.....

I think those purchases don't show up. We've bought water and a gift for our toddler and both didn't showed. We are pretty sure they will be in our cabin when we board. But just in case we bring our prints from the purchase with us.

Höre niemals auf zu träumen..

This seems to be the norm. Evidently, because the water, wine, gift baskets, etc. that you prepurchase are input as "gifts", they don't show up on your docs with your orders. My water doesn't show up, either (but my FTTF does). It's OK. Just print all your confirmation emails and take them with you just in case.

ETA: Here's a recent thread where this was discussed and explained: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2310764

Edited by ShakyBeef

We purchased the 5 bottle wine package for our Valor cruise last month, it was not on invoice as well. We were originally told that 5 vouchers (one for each bottle) would be in our cabin when we boarded. They were not so I called room service shortly after boarding and getting to our cabin (about 11:30 am) and asked if they knew how we could get our vouchers.

They told me that when we go to the MDR the first night let head waiter know that we purchased the wine package and they will give us the vouchers. Our head waiter gave us 5 vouchers that he initialed and put a 4 digit number on each one (same number and was not our cabin number). Note: there was a large sign outside the MDR the first night (maybe the 2nd night too) that you could purchase the 5 bottle wine package for $114, please note that this does not include the gratuity and once that is added in ($17) it will equal the $131 you pay on the phone. We also ordered on phone prior to cruise and we did not pay tax.

From that point on we could use them in the MDR to order a bottle (we would order with dessert to bring back to the cabin that night) or we could call room service to get a bottle or however many you wanted to order (yes they could bring all 5). Note: with room service, you have to call and tell them you have a voucher, they will send someone up to take the voucher and your order, then they will go to the bar to get the bottle(s) and bring it back to your cabin.

These 5 along with the 2 we carried on were plenty for us truthfully (we pretty much only drink wine), especially with the 4 port days we did not spend on the ship. It worked out great for us!

Edited by Drazil65

FTTF is sold as an excursion so it shows up on the activities section. The goods that you buy are different as they only email you a receipt when you make the purchase. I usually print that, but haven't needed to use those yet. I did have a time when I ordered a birthday gift for my son to arrive at his cabin. They left HIM a note saying that the gift was no longer stocked and to come to the store to choose something else or a credit. I was kind of miffed because they had MONTHS to notify that they were no longer carrying it. Sadly, there were no great alternatives for him, so we got the credit and let hm shop elsewhere.