Zika virus

kataiga

No, I mean Hal. I asked them on their FB page and it took some time,

but they came back ,saying the ship stores do not carry mosquito repellents.

We have sailed with Hal for several years now but I have not updated my profile yet ��

But we are boarding the Nieuw Amsterdam on Valentine's Day . ��

Edited by kataiga

From the TSA website

Pack Safe

Aerosol mosquito, insect repellent

Quantity limits: Included in, not in addition to, the quantity limits for other medicinal and toiletry articles: The total aggregate quantity per person cannot exceed 2 kg (70 ounces) or 2 L (68 fluid ounces). The capacity of each container must not exceed 0.5 kg (18 ounces) or 500 ml (17 fluid ounces).*

This exception is for repellents that are sprayed directly on a person's skin and clothing and as such are included in the exception for medicinal and toiletry articles. Insect repellents or insecticides designed to be sprayed in the air or at the insect are not included in this exception.

See the regulation: 49 CFR 175.10(a)(1)

Tip: Most insect repellents in non-aerosol liquid pump sprays and other forms (lliquids, lotions, wipes, etc.) are not restricted as hazardous materials – and therefore not subject to size or quantity limits. Some liquid repellents containing Picaridin are flammable liquids--these are still allowed but must stay within the size and quantity limits mentioned above.

*Liquids, gels, and aerosols in carry-on baggage are further limited to 100-ml (3.4 oz) containers at the TSA security checkpoint.

No, I mean Hal. I asked them on their FB page and it took some time,

but they came back ,saying the ship stores do not carry mosquito repellents.

We have sailed with Hal for several years now but I have not updated my profile yet ��

But we are boarding the Nieuw Amsterdam on Valentine's Day . ��

Hope you have a great cruise.

It wouldn't occur to me to expect the ship to provide repellent. That would go on my shopping list as things to bring with me.

The Veendam DOES carry mosquito repellant. The captain announced about the Zika virus, particularly since some of the ports were in affected countries. He also announced that the shops did carry an appropriate repellant. Confirmed with conversations with other Pax that they had purchased on board.

I can't speak for the Veendam, but I got off the Prinsendam two days ago in Buenos Aires, with the ship headed for Brazil, and there was a table full of insect repellant outside the store. In addition, one of the "Grand Gifts" we were given was a kit that contained, among other first aid style stuff, insect repellant.