New menus in Coastal Kitchen

I am trying to figure out my dining for May. There was a rumor awhile back about the menus changing for Coastal Kitchen. Has anyone been on oasis or allure that had more than the 2 menus? Harvest and vineyard.

Hello hello hello.

Finally, a chance to add something about the Anthem that has nothing to do with the storm!

Dearest irishgal, I was just on the Anthem. The menus changed COMPLETELY on our cruise.

Here is the new deal:

There is a DIFFERENT MENU FOR EVERY DAY OF THE CRUISE.

They were just rolling them out in February, so I only got the first two. They are still working on the rest of them. CK didn't even have them all yet! :eek:

I took pictures of the ones that they have.

Give me a minute and I will post them.

I am trying to figure out my dining for May. There was a rumor awhile back about the menus changing for Coastal Kitchen. Has anyone been on oasis or allure that had more than the 2 menus? Harvest and vineyard.

I just got off allure a week ago, and it was still the 2 menus (I refrain from saying "Just" two menus because I was amazed by Coastal kitchen and ate there every night)

Hello hello hello.

Finally, a chance to add something about the Anthem that has nothing to do with the storm!

Thank you for posting, do you know if they still have lobster one night?

Will you be doing a review of your cruise?

Hello hello hello.

Dearest irishgal, I was just on the Anthem. The menus changed COMPLETELY on our cruise.

Here is the new deal:

There is a DIFFERENT MENU FOR EVERY DAY OF THE CRUISE.

They were just rolling them out in February, so I only got the first two. They are still working on the rest of them. CK didn't even have them all yet! :eek:

I took pictures of the ones that they have.

Give me a minute and I will post them.

Thanks Carol, that confirms what I was told in September. Hopefully it will be rolled out in the Oasis class in the near future.

• 3 months later...

Is the food in Coastal Kitchen equivalent to MDR or is it a step up like the specialty restaurants? I wasn't sure if it was just a more serene atmosphere or if the food is really different. We are sailing on anthem and I'm trying to determine if we are better off eating at the different complimentary restaurants or taking advantage of our Coastal Kitchen access.

Is the food in Coastal Kitchen equivalent to MDR or is it a step up like the specialty restaurants? I wasn't sure if it was just a more serene atmosphere or if the food is really different. We are sailing on anthem and I'm trying to determine if we are better off eating at the different complimentary restaurants or taking advantage of our Coastal Kitchen access.

I would say it's a step up.

i would also say it's a step up. if they have different menus for each night, that's where i'd be every night. :)

we were just on allure a couple of weeks ago, which only has the 2 harvest and vineyard menus, and even so, we ate there three times. it was way better than the MDR. the MDR was not bad, just not as good as CK.

when we were on anthem, we found CK to be muuuuch better than the various included restaurants, but that was a while ago and i've heard the food in the included places has improved since then.

Thanks for the feedback. The sample menus and explanation on Royal's website are so different than the actual menus that have been posted here. I think I need to change a few reservations. Still keeping Grande because we like a formal night.

It's the same food any of the other places on the ship use, they don't order food just for CK. Same steak, chicken, fish, etc.. What's different, CK has its own chef and they put their own spin on the food plus it's cooked to order, not mass cooked. The lobster is the same served in the mdr,sr's, but they do a much better job with it in CK,yum.. I have not had any trouble mixing up the entrees, meat from one, sides from another. No is not a word used there.

Some of the waiters will tell you that once you eat in CK, you won't go anywhere else. I would say it's much better than the mdr and on par with the sr's. We have not eaten in the mdr for 2 years now

CK is very relaxed an informal

Edited by setsail