Packing Cubes For Upcoming Princess Cruise

Meena

I too have used Pack It Envelopes for close to 20 years. I've lent them out and encouraged many to gift someone who loves to travel. Ebags, Eagle Creek and Marshall's or TJ Maxx are great places to find these on sale. Use cubes sometimes, but find putting socks into shoes and underwear into zipper suitcase compartments, work for me. Another big thing is Cross Packing; always put one outfit for daytime, nighttime and special occasion including underwear and shoes into the other person's luggage and your carry on, if at all possible just in case of lost or delayed luggage.

Hello. Going to show my ignorance here. What are these cubes . Do you carry each one separately or... Sorry

No. You divide the items in your suitcase up into whatever categories you want, then you pack those items into little squarish fabric containers with zippers. That way you have just three or four "cubes" to put into the suitcase instead of tossing everything in separately. There are many variation of cubes. I'm certain Amazon has them. Eagle Creek is a good US brand.

I think you can still get them from Hefty if you are looking for the 2.5 gallon size. Hefty calls it "jumbo." They are not quite as big as the 10 gallon size referenced by your link, but they are very convenient.

Maddle

Maybe it was Hefty that I bought previously. Thanks.

Me too!! I have been using the 2 1/2 gallon ZipLocs for years and just love this method of packing. Things packed in them arrive wrinkle free, and I can just slide the bags of clothes on the shelves of the closet when unpacking.

No need to buy fancy packing cubes. These are less expensive, reusable may times over, and do a great job of preventing wrinkles and, when well "burped", compressing clothes so they take up less space in luggage.

I, also, like that everything is sealed up, so if my suitcase is rained on or falls in the soup...my clothes will be dry. I use extra large for clothes and regular size ones for cosmetics, etc. Great packing tool.

Used packing cubes for the first time in Oct for our cruise and loved using them. Had heard of others using them and always wondered why they liked them so much. For me, I. Ought a set of five on Amazon in various sizes and I used four and gave my husband one small One for electronics, cords, et.

We were on a 12-day MEDITERRANEAN cruise, so I used the larger cube for two pairs of dressy pants, approx 8 jersey blouses and a couple roll-up dresses, used another large cube for approx 5 pairs of Capri/cargo pants and various t-shirts, casual cotton shirts, and then I used a medium cube for swimsuit, beach cover-up, hat, nightwear, and lastly, the small one was perfect for smaller lingerie items

I never had to unpack, either. It was so convenient to leave everything in its respective cube. Can't remember the brand we bought but they are extremely lightweight. Almost like parachute material

Hello. Going to show my ignorance here. What are these cubes . Do you carry each one separately or... Sorry

They are rectangular shapes that fit side-by-side and/or stack neatly into a suitcase. I start with a large on the bottom, two mediums on top of the large, and shoes tucked into the empty spaces along the top and one side, though there are additional sizes that would fit neatly into those spaces. My eBags have individual handles, but I have never carried them separately; I just unzip the three zipped sides, flip the top underneath, and place the still-packed cubes onto shelves or into drawers. I usually condense the unused items into one cube for the return trip.

Call me cheap..or thrifty. My bargain version is the XL Ziploc bags. The ones I use aren't sold anymore, but they're getting worn out. I will probably replace them with the storage ones in the following link. Mine are great.

http://www.amazon.com/Ziploc-Double-Zipper-X-Large-4-Count/dp/B003U6A3EY

I found really large zip bags at the dollar store. I also have Space bags, but usually use them for around the house. Keeping blankets and off season clothing stored away.