Speciality Dining packages

Does any one know the current policy. Several years ago we sailed on Allure and ate only in specialty restaurants. As you added reservations an escalated discount was applied up to 40 percent of the cost. This applied to ala carte restaurants as well. It worked out very well. I'm pretty sure it has changed. What is the current price.

Does any one know the current policy. Several years ago we sailed on Allure and ate only in specialty restaurants. As you added reservations an escalated discount was applied up to 40 percent of the cost. This applied to ala carte restaurants as well. It worked out very well. I'm pretty sure it has changed. What is the current price.

Current dining package:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/dining_discount_packages.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

It says, they do pre-select the First restaurant? May there be a possibility to not going for that selection and choose your own preferred one, for example to have dinner together with Your fellow solo travellers of the Cruise Critic group?

• 2 months later...
It says, they do pre-select the First restaurant? May there be a possibility to not going for that selection and choose your own preferred one, for example to have dinner together with Your fellow solo travellers of the Cruise Critic group?

Sorry, I know that this is a slightly older post, but I'd love to hear some answers to first part of the above question. We are travelling with a 12 and 14 year old and have are thinking of the 3 restaurant package. But we have 3 restaurants we specifically want to eat at.

Sorry, I know that this is a slightly older post, but I'd love to hear some answers to first part of the above question. We are travelling with a 12 and 14 year old and have are thinking of the 3 restaurant package. But we have 3 restaurants we specifically want to eat at.

They choose the first restaurant for you. You may be able to change it onboard, but there is no guarantee.

I would just purchase the package once you are onboard then. That way you can select your restaurants.

Not sure if this is relevant to all cruises but on the Rhapsody sailing in the Med a couple of weeks a go they did a "Port Special" 30% off on all specialty restaurants. This happened on day 6 out of the 9 nights.

We already had the 4 meal package that we purchased on board , the price being exactly the same as the one posted earlier ie 3 -$70, 4-$85, 5-$100.

The 30% off night was whilst we were in Malta so we booked in at Izumi. Got a great table looking aft and enjoyed a very memorable meal with a great view of the sailaway.

The package included a $25 credit towards the bill and we already had a Premium drinks package . So with the 30% discount that night, our bill for such a memorable evening came to exactly $2 !!! (plus a discretionary tip)

I always just head to chops once onboard when I sail with the dining package.

I simply, at that time, just make all of my reservations for throughout the week. The only one that they can not reserve at any given restaurant is the hibachi side of Izumi. Otherwise they can book any restaurant available. Very easy.

I would HIGHLY recommend the hibachi side of Izumi on Oasis class. Best meal on the ship, hands down.

Edited by Powersboyee2

We are just off Ovation and booked this. Just went to Jamie's when we got on board and staff booked the three we wanted, no problem and well worth it. Only essential is one booking has to be day one or two.

Just off Allure this morning and the dining package was the same as it was on Anthem in January - the first night was not preselected for us. On embarkation day, we simply made reservationsour for the entire week. Everything (days, times, and restaurants) was up to us, provided that we must dine in a speciality restaurant either day 1 people day 2, we just couldn't schedule anything prior to embarkation day.

Edited by Lidodeckdrinks