NY City departure & rough waters

Boatingmom

Left from NYC area in

June - smooth as glass

Oct - rough

Left from Baltimore (adding this because I'm guessing your cruise is the Cape Canaveral/Bahamas run which the Baltimore trips were too)

April - rough

August - rough around Port Canaveral (we missed the port stop because of a hurricane in the area that we had to go around)

And when I say rough it wasn't that bad. The worst one was the August trip going around Hurricane Katrina - those were some big waves.

Wow - looking at that list, now I'm thinking it's me causing the rough seas :eek:

Edited by hansolosmom

I just needed to know it wasn't always 30 ft waves:p Don't think sea bands would have helped on the Anthem:o

Hi,

We always cruise during the March/April breaks out of NY and the first full sea day can be a little rough but nothing that would stop me from going again! Last year it was smooth sailing both ways on days I would've thought to be rough, my daughter does get seasick and she wears the patches and we are good to go!

I just needed to know it wasn't always 30 ft waves:p Don't think sea bands would have helped on the Anthem:o

We had 30 foot seas and 70 knot wind gusts on the Gem earlier this week.

This was coming back to NYC from Tortola. It made for quite an exciting early morning laying in bed. The captain called it breezy on the morning announcement.

Left 3rd week of Apr 2 years ago. was raining as we left and passed Statue of Liberty. Went out to enjoy view anyway and take pix. You can feel the sea first night then things were calmer and warmed up. What happened to Anthem is probably rare. Sounded awfully scarey.