Adult pools... Carnival are you listening again?

cruzn buckeye

Not all kids like water slides. My daughter doesn't. :)

There are ships that have slides and there are ships that have Water Works. The Water Works is different - it has all sorts of water activities. My nephews had fun in the one on the Pride - they also did the slides, which were separate.

I heard lots of people complaining on our last cruise on the breeze because young girls in thongs were "twerking" by the pool. Our hairy chest contest got raunchy too.

I've seen this on Holland America, too. Except the girls weren't so young and the men's chests had long scars.

Some parents don't want their kids at the main pool. I heard lots of people complaining on our last cruise on the breeze because young girls in thongs were "twerking" by the pool. Our hairy chest contest got raunchy too.

My kids never really go in the pool so it doesn't affect me. But the main pool is not always kid friendly.

This 100%!!! Our last cruise was on the Conquest, that only had the adult only aft pool and the lido pool. And a slide (NOT waterworks, just a slide!) my girls did the slide a couple of times and got bored with it, they were not allowed in the aft pool and the lido pool was insane with out of control "adults" so it wasn't feasible for them to use it. How about a kids only pool? They sure would like the opportunity to use the pool without all of the crazy adults in it just as much as many of you claim to want a kid free pool!

So, I like many others, would like to see the aft pools on the ships to be adult only. i was told that it is a family cruise, so many ships that are not aft adult only won't be.

My thing about this is... The MID pool is family friendly, the water works are a great thing for families with children...

The majority of the year, are adults cruising without kids...Sep. through May.

But... even though we have the serenity areas, only a few ships, Sunshine and Spirit class, have pools in them.

Most Serenity areas only have hot tubs... Adults need an area where they can enjoy the cooling off at the pool without it being full of kiddos. I know some people don't agree... ususally those whose children are still young.

I have 5 grandchildren. two are grown... three are babies.. i love kids... don't get me wrong:rolleyes:

It just that WE ADULTS NEED AN ADULT ONLY POOL AREA:)

CARNIVAL... ARE YOU LISTENING?????? PRETTY PLEASE????:p

Conquest class (Liberty, Glory, Valor, Conquest, Freedom). All aft pools are adult only.

Edited by TaDaaa!

I think that Carnival Corporation has made it pretty clear through their advertisements and their on ship amenities and activities that they have divided their "fleet" of companies into certain demographics.

Just take a look at the carnival corporation web site and they list all of their cruise companies and the demographics they are targeting.

Carnival Cruise Line is the "family" friendly cruise line. It's passengers, for a good 5 months of the year are primarily families with the larger ships carrying as many as 1/4th or more of their passenger load under the age of 18.

I am sure they have thought long and hard about limiting areas to adults only....especially precious pool and deck space.

Want adult only then try Holland America (the oldest demographic afloat) Cunard, Seabourne or even Princess. Leave Carnival for families.

I too would like to have an adult only pool area, but it is impossible to argue with logic as stated above.

I too would like to have an adult only pool area, but it is impossible to argue with logic as stated above.

That is what I was getting at earlier. A *pool* may be adults only, but the whole area is not. The adults only area is Serenity. So that is where a pool should be for adults as well. Other cruise lines have pools in their adults only areas. But I don't think Carnival is going to make it so there are two adult only areas regardless of number of pools.

Serenity

And Carnival is not going to place an adult only pool on a majority of their ships. It won't happen. It's a budget family cruise line. It's a budget family cruise line. It's a budget family cruise line.

I've said it before, Carnival Corp has other cruise lines to graduate up or over. If it's your time to graduate, it's OK to do so. Graduating outside the Carnival family is OK too. But Carnival is a budget family cruise line. That's their business model and they are crystal clear about it.

Suggestion: You needed to follow up that statement with "ARE YOU LISTENING?!?!?!?? Or else the OP won't understand.

Me as well. Except... Carnival has let the lido deck pool become a floating frat party with loud music, beer buckets in the pool, drinks in the pool, hip-hop music blaring at over 100 db and people grinding on the shower poles.

We've been on 11 cruises in the past 20 months (26 overall) and are on the Magic as I type this. Both sea days so far when the DJ is on all the above have happened.

My daughter is 26, but if she was a teen or pre-teen that pool would be no place for her or any other child. On the Triumph last summer I showed the cruise director the photos at the past guest party and he laughed at me and said Carnivals got the fun...

Until then the only pool that allows a family to carry on a conversation and is not a swim up bar is the aft pool.

They have work to do...

well...some people (myself included) enjoy hip hop, buckets of beer, and drinks in the pool. I hear Holland America hates those things too though so you might want to try that.

We have cruised Princess and they actually did a really good job with their adult only areas. It was really enjoyable.

The problem I am sure is that most of the time Princess does price out higher than Carnival.

I do enjoy the deck music, the dj etc more on Carnival than I ddi on Princess, so Carnival was a bit more my style than the string quartet at night, But I wouldn't hesitate to sail Princess again. Those who are seriously looking for more adult areas should look at Princess, you may be surprised with how much you like it.

I thought I was too young for a Princess Cruise and always book Carnival. Truimph last week made me rethink that. We mostly cruise as a family 40,39,14,13. After a week on the Triumph with no serenity area. I vowed to review deck plans to be sure they have at least an adult hot tub or area or just switch cruise lines and see how it works out. We sat mostly at the AFT pool and attempted to use the AFT hot tub. The pool became a full on tackle football game of unsupervised children ages 4-10 football, it was louder in AFT area than Main pool. It was all fun and game until one got hurt and Dad came from another end of the ship to start yelling at the rest of the kids. 8 adults were trying to enjoy the hot tub only to be greeting by 5 very small unsupervised children the wanted to use it as a pool, kicking, splashing even an attempted at Marco Polo. I don't say 100% adult pool but a least a quiet pool that is enforced. I have no issues with a well behaved supervised child in a pool or hot tub, just not camp carnival minus the supervision being moved to what is typically a quieter area.

Edited by neutralgroundside

I thought I was too young for a Princess Cruise and always book Carnival. Truimph last week made me rethink that. We mostly cruise as a family 40,39,14,13. After a week on the Triumph with no serenity area. I vowed to review deck plans to be sure they have at least an adult hot tub or area or just switch cruise lines and see how it works out. We sat mostly at the AFT pool and attempted to use the AFT hot tub. The pool became a full on tackle football game of unsupervised children ages 4-10 football, it was louder in AFT area than Main pool. It was all fun and game until one got hurt and Dad came from another end of the ship to start yelling at the rest of the kids. 8 adults were trying to enjoy the hot tub only to be greeting by 5 very small unsupervised children the wanted to use it as a pool, kicking, splashing even an attempted at Marco Polo. I don't say 100% adult pool but a least a quiet pool that is enforced. I have no issues with a well behaved supervised child in a pool or hot tub, just not camp carnival minus the supervision being moved to what is typically a quieter area.

I totally agree here. And unfortuneatly, that is what happens on most aft pools that aren't adult only. I also prefer the hot tubs are for adults... they are not little swimming pools... there was one time when the kids were using them as pools with their snorkle masks while adults had to just go ahead and get out... oh well...

Was on the Breeze cruise with the young girls in thongs were twerking-was funny at first but when on all week-definitely not kid friendly-my kids are grown-I to would like to have had the aft pool on the Breeze adults only but there are only 2 pools so I don't think this will happen. We had a spa Cabin so we escaped to the thermal suite for peace and quick and a non kid soak. We are going back to the Conquest Class as the aft pools are adult only.

well...some people (myself included) enjoy hip hop, buckets of beer, and drinks in the pool. I hear Holland America hates those things too though so you might want to try that.

Then that, perhaps, ought to be the designated adult only area.

After 26 cruises on Carnival I'd go to a sister line tomorrow if they'd honor status. Cute, snarky comment insinuating I might be getting old enough for the Holland America market.

So you know; this is an erosion of environment over the past two or three years. Once the big screens went in the DJ's cranked up the volume. What was once a Caribbean cruise with lido bands and something for everyone has become what I described. The lido pool is more than just a place to swim, it's a passage for passengers of all ages to move from elevators to dining and other sports deck activities. What this has become doesn't sit well for younger eyes.

It's no secret this is all to drive alcohol sales. I like a cold beer or two on the lido deck on sea days, I just don't want hearing loss as a result. Would you put your teen or pre-teen daughter in that pool under those conditions?

Edited by BallFour4

We were on the freedom 2 weeks ago with our 9 y.o. Twins. We went to the aft area and got into the hot tubs. 10 minutes later my daughter showed me the sign. So we got out. I didn't know it was adult only.

That cruise was really cold and almost impossible to be outside on the lido deck without a sweet shirt. So I only saw 2-4 kids in the lido pool and no adults in the lido pool on our entire cruise. We never revisted the aft area after that except for pizza. The whole trip, I never saw 1 person in that aft pool. I know my kids wanted to swim but could not get in the lido pool. I wish they cold have made an exception for the aft pool to be for everyone since it was so cold outside.

I completely agree. My two favorite ships are Pride and Miracle where the aft pool is adult only/serenity deck.

The thing that shocks me the most is that I've been on the Breeze and Dream. Given that the pride is virtually half the size of these larger ships you would not expect the Pride and Miracle to have adult only pools but not only that, three pools compared to the two on the Dream class ships.

I hope that some trend starts where instead of building ships that hold 6000 guests, they go back to the ships that hold 2000. I get the financials, I'm not stupid, but I'm at a point where I may have outgrown carnival. This sucks, I just turned diamond. But if they keep changing things to pack more and more like they did with the Sunshine, then I'm at a loss and will have no choice but to look into other cruise lines that have smaller ships and cater more to couples than families.

That said, there's an alternative that we all have not explored well enough. Get an extended aft cabin and bring a kiddy pool and fill it up on your balcony. Then you have an adult only pool and if you setup the table just right, a swim up bar as well. :D

That's why Spirit Class are my favorite ships. I love the layout, but especially that there are 3 pools and one of them is in the Serenity area.

So, I like many others, would like to see the aft pools on the ships to be adult only. i was told that it is a family cruise, so many ships that are not aft adult only won't be.

My thing about this is... The MID pool is family friendly, the water works are a great thing for families with children...

But... even though we have the serenity areas, only a few ships, Sunshine and Spirit class, have pools in them.

Most Serenity areas only have hot tubs... Adults need an area where they can enjoy the cooling off at the pool without it being full of kiddos. I know some people don't agree... ususally those whose children are still young.

I have 5 grandchildren. two are grown... three are babies.. i love kids... don't get me wrong:rolleyes:

Totally agree.

I've been on three Carnival cruises on Conquest class ships and one on a Spirit class ship. I really enjoyed the adult only pool areas and didn't realize they weren't available fleet wide. I'm sailing on the Dream in a few weeks and am going to check whether or not they have one. I like that these ships have areas that are very kid friendly, as well as areas that are adults only.

For me, as others have stated above, the issue isn't kids, even kids being exuberant kids - it's a fun part of the atmosphere, and I see tons of kids having a great time. But herds of unsupervised kids hopped up on soft serve sugar or whatever rampaging about the ship are not fun (or safe for the involved kids!). For those who point out its a family friendly line, yes it is. But "family" implies you act accordingly and have a clue what your kids are up to, not abdicate all parental responsibility.

I totally agree! We have no children but we also are not trying to escape all children when we cruise. We enjoy the people and the atmosphere. Carnival just does it right! However, we would also love an area to relax, poolside, in an adults only setting. No children running around, no splash games in the pool and no tender ears when we want to have an adult conversation. I don't believe the OP was looking for adults only cruises, only to have a balance of family/adults only areas to get away and cool off once in a while. Carnival, a compromise on the ships that don't offer it would be much appreciated!

I'm with you, but don't think it will ever happen. The ships that have big serenity area with nice pools of their own are wonderful, and they are the ships I try to book on now. After Legend, I'm hooked on it.

I have to disagree with you a bit regarding people sailing without kids. It seems to be the "in" thing now to yank your kids out of school to cruise, so every cruise I have been on seems to have more kids instead of less. I always tried to time my cruises at times when I figured kids were all in school but it does not work anymore.

The enforcement of the serenity areas, in my opinion, has been pretty good, but not perfect. I think your best bet at adult only pools is ships with pools in serenity. Good luck!

I've been on three Carnival cruises on Conquest class ships and one on a Spirit class ship. I really enjoyed the adult only pool areas and didn't realize they weren't available fleet wide. I'm sailing on the Dream in a few weeks and am going to check whether or not they have one. I like that these ships have areas that are very kid friendly, as well as areas that are adults only.

For me, as others have stated above, the issue isn't kids, even kids being exuberant kids - it's a fun part of the atmosphere, and I see tons of kids having a great time. But herds of unsupervised kids hopped up on soft serve sugar or whatever rampaging about the ship are not fun (or safe for the involved kids!). For those who point out its a family friendly line, yes it is. But "family" implies you act accordingly and have a clue what your kids are up to, not abdicate all parental responsibility.

I, too, didn't realize the aft pools on all Carnival ships were not all adults only. I don't swim in the pools, and rarely even get into the hot tubs (not after seeing people in them drinking alcohol for hours and not getting out to...you know...) but it's just nice to have a more relatively quiet area without "kids just being kids" in the pool. Kids have the main pool and water slide area, I don't think there's anything wrong with adults having one pool to themselves.