Cunard Ball Question

Minnie29

Just found out that our first Ball on our QE cruise in June is the Cunard Ball.

I am assuming that there is no particular theme with this one and the ladies can wearing evening gowns and men tuxedos.

The second ball is the London Ball and the third the Starlight Ball.

Can anyway comment on whether guests stick to the theme or does anything go?

Thank you

I think almost everybody will be in formal attire on a Black Tie evening. Where a specific theme has been scheduled many will follow; where it is straight forward, Black and White for example. If a theme is a bit more obscure such as an Ascot Ball, fewer will follow the theme, sometimes very few if it is a bit perplexing what is required. I should not worry at all if you have formal wear you will be fine.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

Thank you for this! We have an Ascot Ball on our QV trip at the end of May and I was struggling to get my head round long dress and Ascot Hat!! Maybe we'll just stick to normal formal wear as I love wearing long evening dresses! If anyone has experience of an Ascot Ball, it would be great to hear from you!? Thanks.

Thank you for this! We have an Ascot Ball on our QV trip at the end of May and I was struggling to get my head round long dress and Ascot Hat!! Maybe we'll just stick to normal formal wear as I love wearing long evening dresses! If anyone has experience of an Ascot Ball, it would be great to hear from you!? Thanks.

On previous trips in my experience Ascot Ball has really just been formal with women wearing a hat or a fascinator.

Although I always wear a long dress for Cunard Balls, for the ascot ball, I wore a cocktail dress with matching fascinator and did not feel out of place. I saw lots of fascinators but do not recall any hats. That being said, please yourself. You will enjoy yourselves I am sure no matter what you wear!

They will have a hatmaking class one day with things you can use. We brought hats one year and I made a horses and the Queen out of bits and bobs I found around the ship and had the race going around my brim.

Mom made a hat one year with things she brought from home and she won! So you can do what you like. One gentleman who one made a top hat from a Cunard brochure ... remember creative always wins!

You do not have to have a hat, its just a parade of those who are wearing them. Its a fun night. Otherwise all formal evenings are long dresses.

They will have a hatmaking class one day with things you can use. We brought hats one year and I made a horses and the Queen out of bits and bobs I found around the ship and had the race going around my brim.

Mom made a hat one year with things she brought from home and she won! So you can do what you like. One gentleman who one made a top hat from a Cunard brochure ... remember creative always wins!

You do not have to have a hat, its just a parade of those who are wearing them. Its a fun night. Otherwise all formal evenings are long dresses.

Although I prefer to wear long dresses on formal nights cocktail dresses are also worn.My husband also buys me a cream rose or orchid wrist corsage to wear on one of the formal nights depending on my dress choice.