carnival transfer from MCO

MeredithNC

We land in Orlando at 8:30am I am using carnival transfer to the port. I have a couple of questions does the bus start from the port first? if the ship is late coming in do they just keep you at the airport terminal? What time did the bus arrive for you at the mco terminal? Just trying to decide if we should rent a car.

I personally do not use the cruise line transfers. Other forms of transportation are more efficient, IMO. Others will differ. I always fly down the day before the cruise, and stay at an area hotel. Take their own shuttle to port, or arrange my own transportation. Depart for the port, on my desired time schedule.

We land in Orlando at 8:30am I am using carnival transfer to the port. I have a couple of questions does the bus start from the port first? if the ship is late coming in do they just keep you at the airport terminal? What time did the bus arrive for you at the mco terminal? Just trying to decide if we should rent a car.

never mind overpriced cruiseline transfers.

Try Cortran

for shuttle service each way.

$20pp

We used Carnival transfers once for our first cruise, and never again. Other than being overpriced, our bigger issue is exactly the answer to one of your questions. At least from Houston to Galveston, yes, they made us stay at the airport since our ship was delayed coming into port. In one way, we were lucky the ship was delayed because one of our flights was also significantly delayed, and we would have been cutting it close.

However, once we were in Houston, there was very little information, we were starving and there was no where to buy food, and we were in the baggage claim area with very little seating. It was a long, uncomfortable arrangement.

Since that experience, we always fly in a day in advance, arrange our own transportation, and carry snacks! It makes it both less stressful and more comfortable. If you can cancel your Carnival transfers, you might also look into other shuttle companies if you don't want to rent a car--that very much depends on how many of you there are. Since it's just two of us, shuttles are almost always a better option for us. We've never been out of MCO (our first time in 35 days!), but we have shuttles booked with both Cocoa Beach Shuttle and Cortrans Shuttle whlie we are there. You might check with them to compare costs as well.

Get a $12 - $30 rental from Budget at the airport and drop off at Cape Canaveral Budget. With taxes and tolls it will be about $40 and the gas tank will likely remain on full. They have a free shuttle that will take you to the port. I do this all the time and it's always been cheaper then any other method if you're traveling with 2 or more people. I normally overfill the gas tank when I leave the airport so I don't screw the next person that gets the car out of a full tank or fill up at the gas station a block away from the Cape Canaveral location.

Edited by ATL_Miami_Cruiser

Get a $12 - $30 rental from Budget at the airport and drop off at Cape Canaveral Budget. With taxes and tolls it will be about $40 and the gas tank will likely remain on full. They have a free shuttle that will take you to the port. I do this all the time and it's always been cheaper then any other method if you're traveling with 2 or more people. I normally overfill the gas tank when I leave the airport so I don't screw the next person that gets the car out of a full tank or fill up at the gas station a block away from the Cape Canaveral location.

True and this is what we did pre cruise, arrive 2 days early and was great to have a car. Returned the car to a very full rental car place, no problem because it was 10 am and had plenty of time. The lines were very long with people post cruise picking up cars. We had a 11:30 flight. Contran was there waiting for us and we were at MCO at 9 am. So if time is not an issue then a rental car is the cheapest. We have sailed out of PC over a dozen times so the early flight works for us.

We use HappyLimo town car service and they are great. Highly recommend them.

Its like a 7 mile/14 min drive.

I would open the UBER app and get an estimate before you order.

We have used it in Ft Lauderdale, was cheap and efficient.

Are you sure about this? I have flown into Orlando and used a shuttle to the port several times and it is at least 40 or 50 minutes.

Are you sure about this? I have flown into Orlando and used a shuttle to the port several times and it is at least 40 or 50 minutes.

Oopps... You are correct, my mistake.

I was doing mapquest search and clicked on the wrong port Canaveral listing.

UBER may be expensive since its like 50 mins. Its good for shorter trips though

Edited by Vitamin_Sea

I used the Carnival shuttles a few times and won't do it again. I primarily used them as I was flying in the day of the cruise and did not want to haul around a car seat for my child (don't need a car seat on a bus). I arrived around 8:30- 9AM at MCO and had to wait a minimum of an hour for the bus. The second time I used them I had to wait 1.5 hours. I used Cortrans recently and they are much cheaper and reliable. Depending on how many in your travel party, it may be cheaper to rent a car or arrange transportation on your own.

I also have to recommend Cortrans. I have used them twice & have had excellent experiences both times. They have always arrived exactly on time. The owners are the nicest people. The wife lent my son her iphone to watch a TV show because his Kindle died. Their buses are clean & comfortable. Much better than the experiences I've had with Carnival transfers.

We have rented a car for Orlando (Cape Canaveral) , Fort Lauderdale and Miami airports to port especially as we try to get in a day before . If you are more then 2 , it's an even better deal . Private shuttles are OK . Cruise ship shuttles are the worst option .

My experience is completely different than everyone else. We have always used carnival transfer from mco and never had problems. We fly in the day of and get in abt 5:30am. So yes we have to wait around, but by the time we get off the plane get our bags (no rushing) eat breakfast and walk around, we've used up our time or most of. We usually get on bus abt 9/9:30 give them our bags and relax or sleep on the bus. No hassel of a car seat or returning a car. They drop us right at the front and we are allowed to enter bc we are using carnival transfer, so no boarding time. And we also have fttf. We've done this a few times. Maybe Its the time of year we go, September. But it sounds like my experience is rare.