Tri-Rail from Miami Airport to FLL airport? Anyone use this yet?

Coral

I've never heard of it and I wonder if that's how Princess plans to get me from FLL to Miami for my return flight home.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;5;22;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until we sail again

Caribbean Princess - May 22, 2004

Rhapsody of the Seas - 2003

Looks like a lot of schlepping around...

Up next - Pacific NorthWest Coastal!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;05;12;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Navigator of the Seas - 01/05

Dawn Princess - 10/04

Grand Princess - 11/04 (Cancelled)

Grand Princess - 10/04 (Cancelled)

Island Princess - 05/04

Grand Princess - 10/03

Norway - 10/03 (Cancelled)

Wind Surf - Transatlantic 4/02

Coral,

I have heard of tri-rail, but knew nothing about it. The website said calls had to originate within FL, so I called the 800#. I found out that from the Miami airport you would need to ride to the Ft Lauderdale airport station and take a taxi to the pier, which the customer service rep estimated to be 15-20 minutes. I didn't check price, since you had posted price, but will call back if you want me to.

Gloria

Grand Princess, Eastern, April 2001

Grand Princess, Western,April 2002

Regal to Hawaii, April 5-20, 2004

Hi Gloria,

I actually don't have any trips planned in FL. I just recently saw this and had not seen it anywhere on the board and was curious if anyone had any experience. This may be good option for some. Thanks for the offcer to call icon_smile.gif

Question - On our recent (and first) cruise we were able to opt to have Princess take us to FLL airport after the cruise. I found it very efficient and would do it again. My question is, can you just do the transportation part, ie get picked up/and return to airport without having Princess get your flights? Thanks

I certainly thought it was worth the $10 each for this service from dock to airport. Once we picked up our luggage at the dock and gave to a Porter, we never dealt with it again until Boston.

Grand Princess 4/4/04

I've used Tri-Rail many times, It takes longer than a cab or transfer but it costs only $3 or $4 dollars.

Scandinavian Sun

Emerald Seas

Island Princess

Seaward

Norway

Westward

Sensation

Facsination

Majesty of the Seas

Dawn Princess

Inspiration

Norwegian Dream

Norwegian Sun

Grandeur of the Seas (June 2002)

Carnival Paradise (Sept 2002)

Grand Princess (June 2003)

Disney Magic (Sept 2003)

Diamond Princess (June 2004)

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=8b0000&cdt=2004;6;12;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Diamond Princess Here We Come!

Thanks for the link Coral.. gonna bookmark it for future reference! Sounds like the cheapest transfer between the two I've seen!

Cheers!

Suzy

NEXT --> Diamond Princess 5/1/04 Coastal Who's with me?

Monarch family weekend 10/15/04 & Grand Galveston 12/11/04

Star Princess icon_biggrin.gif 10/18/03 -- Wind Star Honeymoon icon_biggrin.gif 11/14/03

Star Princess Wedding icon_biggrin.gif 9/24/03 -- Mercury icon_biggrin.gif 10/5/03

Vision of the Seas icon_smile.gif 10/28/02 -- Amsterdam icon_smile.gif 4/22/03

Sun Princess icon_biggrin.gif 5/10/02 -- Star Princess icon_biggrin.gif 6/15/02

Carnival Holiday icon_frown.gif 9/8/00

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by phabric:

Northender yes you can. Just tell your agent that you want the transfers to and from the ship.Your transfer tickets will be in the ticket package.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Transfers FROM the ship to either FLL or MIA can also be purchased on-board the ship, through the shore excursions desk.

Up next - Pacific NorthWest Coastal!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;05;12;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Navigator of the Seas - 01/05

Dawn Princess - 10/04

Grand Princess - 11/04 (Cancelled)

Grand Princess - 10/04 (Cancelled)

Island Princess - 05/04

Grand Princess - 10/03

Norway - 10/03 (Cancelled)

Wind Surf - Transatlantic 4/02

Phabric -

The reason why I was asking was because most of the time when I fly in, I fly a few days before and can't take the transfers through the cruise line. With taxi prices being $60, I don't consider Miami airport but for a few dollars transfer from airport to airport - I may now consider it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Northender:

Thanks, I think we will fly in to Miami next time. Much cheaper fares than FLL.

That's unusual. It's normally more expense to fly into Miami and into FLL if for no other reason than Miami airport taxes and fees are higher than FLL.

Grand Princess 4/4/04

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As a local, I would be very hesitant to use Tri-Rail to go between airports. The stations are not close to anything, so a shuttle bus is usually necessary in addition. I do think luggage would be a problem, but you would have plenty of room, since not many people use it.

JV

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Coral:

Where I live, Miami is normally cheaper and offers more flight choices.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I suppose it depends on when you are flying but I never thought of Miami until after we did the non-refundable ticket thing to FLL. When I did check Miami it was cheaper at that time from Boston. We flew Song, Delta's newest venture. Was ok. Usual leg room, had to pay for lunch or movie. Coffee, soda etc. still free. Tell me, why can't they just make a nice ham and cheese sandwich and not plaster it with all those toppings and put it on cranberry bread. icon_biggrin.gif

Grand Princess 4/4/04

Archived