Drink Package Calculator

You find out exactly what the packages cover on that ship, should it differ from other ships. Also, you get to skip day 1 if you like.

Yep, that's what I'm doing. I pre-purchased the RR package, so I can enjoy "something cold" on the first day but may choose to upgrade to PP the 2nd or 3rd day of our 7-night, depending on if I really want the alcohol during the day.:rolleyes: Since this is our first Diamond level cruise, I may find that alcohol in the DL or 3 on my sea pass is all I want!;) DH plans to purchase the beer/wine pkg after boarding and, since I enjoy beer in my BM's vs vodka, I may just swipe his bottom of the bottle beer and pour it into my Bloody Shames!:o

This is admittedly off topic, but depending on the response may impact my package purchase decision - if we have dinner in the Windjammer - is there wait staff there taking drink orders, or do we have to go get our own at a bar either inside or outside of the buffet? Thanks!!

This is admittedly off topic, but depending on the response may impact my package purchase decision - if we have dinner in the Windjammer - is there wait staff there taking drink orders, or do we have to go get our own at a bar either inside or outside of the buffet? Thanks!!

I've seen bar servers in Windjammer, but I don't know how often they come around. There is normally a bar in Windjammer too.

Just off Brilliance , we had the premium package

Everything we ordered was covered . Frozen cocktails

Gentlemen jack , etc ... Definitely worth it for us.

Bartenders had no issue with it , extra tip or not.

Glad to hear. Let's hope the same is true on Enchantment next week. :) Will let you know.

Hi everybody Just to add another figure into the equation, we have just returned from Jewel last week where the drinks packages we discounted for C&A members with a reduction of 40% for Diamond 45% for Diamond Plus and 50% for Pinnacle members.

This makes the packages as below

PACKAGE REGULAR DIAMOND DIAMOND PLUS PINNACLE

DISCOUNT 0% 40% 45% 50%

ULTIMATE $59 $35:40 $32:45 $29:50

PREMIUM $49 $29:40 $26:95 $24:50

SELECT $39 $23:40 $21:45 $19:50

ROYAL REP $19 $11:40 $10:45 $9:50

We were unaware of this but another CC member advised us of it and when asking the bar staff at the pool bar it was confirmed. However when I went down to guest relations later in the day to have it added to my wife's sea pass they new nothing about the discounts quoting the 3 drinks from 5 to 8.30. When we went into the Viking lounge for the evening drinks they had a copy of the discounts printed on the rear of the available drinks sheet for the Viking evening drinks.

However it does say that it is a "limited time offer" and may not be ship wide obviously worth an enquiry. :D

Keep in touch.

Regards.

Paul

Hi everybody Just to add another figure into the equation, we have just returned from Jewel last week where the drinks packages we discounted for C&A members with a reduction of 40% for Diamond 45% for Diamond Plus and 50% for Pinnacle members.

This makes the packages as below

PACKAGE REGULAR DIAMOND DIAMOND PLUS PINNACLE

DISCOUNT 0% 40% 45% 50%

ULTIMATE $59 $35:40 $32:45 $29:50

PREMIUM $49 $29:40 $26:95 $24:50

SELECT $39 $23:40 $21:45 $19:50

ROYAL REP $19 $11:40 $10:45 $9:50

Thanks for reporting.

We received an email last night from RCI saying it was time to buy our drink packages for Oasis 3/5/16. Although I plan to wait until we're on the ship in order to get any C & A discounts that are offered (we're Diamond), I did go to the site and the Premium which was $49 + tax (earlier this week) is now $55 + tax.

Interesting sheet, thank you. Because my husband can drink up to 6 or 7 beer/day on a Sea Day, we have found he is better off buying the Beer Package. Our last cruise with gratuity, came to about $40/day. I calculated our cost if he bought his beers individually and we saved considerably by buy buying him the package

Love the spreadsheet :D

Does anyone know what the fountain soft drinks are?

If the ship does not have a Freestyle machine, you are limited to Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Soda Water, and Tonic Water.

If the ship does have a Freestyle machine, see this post:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=41963551&postcount=2

If the ship does not have a Freestyle machine, you are limited to Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Soda Water, and Tonic Water.

If the ship does have a Freestyle machine, see this post:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=41963551&postcount=2

Fab, thank you :)

We are going to on Ovation, not sure whether she will have a freestyle machine. Hope so, lots of yummy drinks :D

hi we are cruising from Barcelona on Brilliance, we are on a 12 night cruise and have been quoted £940 approx for the two of us including gratuities . this is for the premium package. Going by UK city prices and also European cities we think this is a good deal for us. we aren't huge drinkers but like a couple of beers round pool and same on a night with maybe a couple of g&t. so hopefully will get our money's worth. Friends have done the same and said the found it good value.

You may want to check if your sailing has the Select package included (many UK bookings do). If it is, you may want to wait till you are on the ship and see if that's (the drinks in the Select package) enough for you. If not, you can upgrade to Premium (with a big savings over buying the package ahead).

• 6 months later...
OOPS - Error in formula for Replenish and Refresh. Daily total should be $22.62 and $9.44 respectively.

Fixed on the attached updated spreadsheet. Sorry about that. Caught the mistake for the Ultimate & Premium packages but must have gotten interrupted before completing my check.

I also created the spreadsheet in Excel 2010 but had to save it to Excel 97-2003 to be able to upload it so I'm waiting to see if something pops up that didn't convert correctly.

Thanks for sharing....i will definitely be purchasing a package.

On the RCI if the drink package (Premium) is purchased is there gratuities to be paid on a daily base @ 18%

Either the gratuities are already included in the price, or they will add them at the time you purchase the package. No other gratuity charges after initial purchase.

Either the gratuities are already included in the price, or they will add them at the time you purchase the package. No other gratuity charges after initial purchase.

Thanks for your speedy reply..this now makes it much more clearer and understandable.

Thanking you.

We were unaware of this but another CC member advised us of it and when asking the bar staff at the pool bar it was confirmed. However when I went down to guest relations later in the day to have it added to my wife's sea pass they new nothing about the discounts quoting the 3 drinks from 5 to 8.30. When we went into the Viking lounge for the evening drinks they had a copy of the discounts printed on the rear of the available drinks sheet for the Viking evening drinks.

Has anyone seen these unadvertised package C&A discounts lately? (That post was from Feb 2016)

I'm mostly curious if anyone has seen it on Oasis recently, but I'm sure if you've seen it elsewhere some other CC member would want to know.

Has anyone seen these unadvertised package C&A discounts lately? (That post was from Feb 2016)

I'm mostly curious if anyone has seen it on Oasis recently, but I'm sure if you've seen it elsewhere some other CC member would want to know.

No C&A discounts per C&A.:(

Hello - we purchased the Premium package for our upcoming cruise. Before making the decision, I did call Royal to confirm that the package will cover all drinks up to $12. Does anyone know where I can find this in writing? I can't seem to find anything on the website. Thank you.

Hello - we purchased the Premium package for our upcoming cruise. Before making the decision, I did call Royal to confirm that the package will cover all drinks up to $12. Does anyone know where I can find this in writing? I can't seem to find anything on the website. Thank you.

It's been removed from the website. Royal wants to be able to change things up whenever they like.

Sorry. Could it be that you don't have Microsoft Excel?

Micro$pend Excell is not required to use this GREAT spreadsheet. There are MYRIAD pieces of s/w that will open this.

I, personally, use Open Office. It's free and is a WHOLE lot faster than M/$ Office.

• 1 month later...

Fantastic spreadsheet, thank you so much for taking the time to put this together for everybody to utilise. I was tossing up between the Deluxe package or to go it alone :) and it turns out I'll be saving $95.00 by not doing the package.

I tweeked the formulas a bit to incorporate the Deluxe Beverage package pricing when purchased here in Australia prior to cruising as our drink package pricing does not have gratuities charged to the total if purchased prior to sailing. However gratutities will be charged on drinks purchased individually once onboard. :)

Thanks again

Edited by kazda