Drink Package Calculator

On Enchantment in 2013 when I believe the drink packages first rolled out, the limit was $12.00. Grandeur 2014 was $12.00 as well.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

well December 2015 on Enchantment it was $10, and the menus listing the fancy drinks were all priced at $10.95.

On both Vision and Brilliance, the cocktail limit was $12.

December 2015, the limit was $10. I'm beginning to wonder if the Pool Bar and Schooner Bar were playing by their own rules. Even Guest Services sided with them when I questioned it. Since the R Bar didn't charge me extra for anything over $10, I did all my drinking there. I even complained to the R Bar guys that I was being charged elsewhere and he said "I work bar services, I know I'm right, your drinks are covered." So who am I to believe? I didn't want to get the R Bar guys in trouble by asking Guest Services to refund the overcharges because they said it was covered when it wasn't (if that indeed was the case). The explanation of which premium alcohols I could have was totally different that the explanation I got from the R Bar!

this convo will go on forever but i bring my own. plain and simple. 2 bottles of smirnoff or ketel one = $50-$70.... you wanna buy a package for $500 be my guest. ill save that extra $ and go on an excursion or 3.

If they ever allow palcohol to go on sale you'll be in heaven. along with many others I suspect.

December 2015, the limit was $10. I'm beginning to wonder if the Pool Bar and Schooner Bar were playing by their own rules. Even Guest Services sided with them when I questioned it. Since the R Bar didn't charge me extra for anything over $10, I did all my drinking there. I even complained to the R Bar guys that I was being charged elsewhere and he said "I work bar services, I know I'm right, your drinks are covered." So who am I to believe? I didn't want to get the R Bar guys in trouble by asking Guest Services to refund the overcharges because they said it was covered when it wasn't (if that indeed was the case). The explanation of which premium alcohols I could have was totally different that the explanation I got from the R Bar!

That's so odd. If that happened to me, I'd ask to speak to the bar manager.

That's so odd. If that happened to me, I'd ask to speak to the bar manager.

Next time I may have to work up the nerve to do that. I just didn't want to appear to be a PITA passenger! On my next cruise, I'll wait until I board and see how it goes with my cabin mates premium package, what her experience is. If the ship (Jewel) isn't imposing restrictions like what I encountered on Enchantment, then I'll purchase a pro rated package, and hope there's a C & A discount to boot!

Looks like the general cost per cocktail is $12.00

As per :http://www.******************.com/royal-caribbean-drink-prices

Royal Caribbean Drink Prices

Whether you want Royal Caribbean alcohol prices or Royal Caribbean drink prices, here is your complete list to know how much they will cost before they get onboard.

We present here our list of Royal Caribbean drink prices that are regularly updated to give you the best idea of how much enjoying a drink will cost you.

Keep in mind Royal Caribbean adds an 18% gratuity charge to each drink order.

This information last updated: January 8, 2016

This information is valid for Adventure of the Seas, Allure of the Seas, Anthem of the Seas, Brilliance of the Seas, Enchantment of the Seas, Explorer of the Seas, Freedom of the Seas, Grandeur of the Seas, Harmony of the Seas, Independence of the Seas, Jewel of the Seas, Legend of the Seas, Liberty of the Seas, Majesty of the Seas, Mariner of the Seas, Navigator of the Seas, Oasis of the Seas, Ovation of the Seas, Quantum of the Seas, Radiance of the Seas, Rhapsody of the Seas, Serenade of the Seas, Splendour of the Seas, Vision of the Seas and Voyager of the Seas.

If you are looking for ballpark Royal Caribbean drink prices, here is what you can reasonably expect.

Drink Price Beer $5.50 - $6.95 Glass of wine $10.00 Bottled water $2.25 Cocktail $12.00 Can of Soda $2.88 Drink of the Day $8.00 Latte $4.25

Edited by Erwin Family @ Sea

If the package pay up a $12.00 value why are passengers asked to pay up charges?

Select Package - $46.02 per guest, per day (includes service charge)

Guests that purchase the Select drink package can choose from unlimited beer, wines by the glass (up to $8 value), non-alcoholic cocktails, fountain soda with Coca-Cola souvenir cup.

Guests will also receive 20% off bottles of wine.

Premium Package - $57.82 per guest, per day (includes service charge)

Guests that purchase the Premium drink package can choose between premium cocktails (up to $12 value), unlimited beer, non-alcoholic cocktails, wine by the glass (up to $12 value), fountain soda with Coca-Cola souvenir cup.

Guests will also receive 20% off bottles of wine.

Ultimate Package - $69.82 per guest, per day (includes service charge)

Guests can choose between beer, wine by the glass (up to $12 value) , mixed cocktails, frozen cocktails along with premium coffee, premium tea, bottled water (sparkling and still) , fresh squeezed juice, fountain sodas with the Coca-Cola souvenir cup.

So Enchantment is different than other ships? On Freedom, with the Ultimate package, we were never charged extra for ANYTHING - and we ordered every kind of every drink.

Or is it the Freedom that is different? Just wondering - about to buy my Ultimate Package for my Enchantment cruise on 2/26. I'm guessing that it differs between bartender or which bar you go to? Would really like to know! :)

So Enchantment is different than other ships? On Freedom, with the Ultimate package, we were never charged extra for ANYTHING - and we ordered every kind of every drink.

Or is it the Freedom that is different? Just wondering - about to buy my Ultimate Package for my Enchantment cruise on 2/26. I'm guessing that it differs between bartender or which bar you go to? Would really like to know! :)

Perhaps the ship should be renamed Encheatment instead.:p

Freedom is not different, it was Enchantment that was different, and only at a couple of bars. I suggest that you purchase the package on board Enchantment and keep one of the flyers with you that list the $12 limit.

Edited by clarea

Even if you google the latest pdf of the drink packages from Royal Caribbean, it lists cocktails (no monetary restrictions) which would include frozen drinks and other specialty cocktails - no glassware of course. It specifically mentions dollar amounts for the wines - why wouldn't it list restrictions on cocktails - if there were any.

Hate to ask this to the above poster - and not trying to be confrontational - but did you tip at all? We found that that bartenders literally didn't bat an eye about what we ordered as long as we had "UP" on our Seapass card and a dollar or two per round of three drinks. It's sucks to think that one would NEED to do that - seeing as how it's included.

Also - I'm still nervous about taking the "buy the drink packages on the boat" advice, Bob. I took your advice and the packages have already gone up since then. :eek: What's the benefit of waiting again?

... Also - I'm still nervous about taking the "buy the drink packages on the boat" advice, Bob. I took your advice and the packages have already gone up since then. :eek: What's the benefit of waiting again?

You find out exactly what the packages cover on that ship, should it differ from other ships. Also, you get to skip day 1 if you like.

You find out exactly what the packages cover on that ship, should it differ from other ships. Also, you get to skip day 1 if you like.

Gotcha - I didn't know that the packages varied from ship to ship. No indication of that in ANY published information. (Should I take that as par for the course?)

True - I'd get to skip day one - but on a 3 night Bahama cruise? I can do some serious drinking on my first day of my first cruise - sans kids. :D

Gotcha - I didn't know that the packages varied from ship to ship. No indication of that in ANY published information. (Should I take that as par for the course?)

True - I'd get to skip day one - but on a 3 night Bahama cruise? I can do some serious drinking on my first day of my first cruise - sans kids. :D

Missed the part about it being a 3-day cruise. You would probably not want to skip day 1.:)

Missed the part about it being a 3-day cruise. You would probably not want to skip day 1.:)

I probably didn't say it. :) I'll probably still buy before hand (on Friday) but I'll stop at the table on Day 1 and get a flyer and carry it around with me.

BUT - the above poster mentioned that the R-Bar on Enchantment didn't nickel and dime him. (We'll be in cabin 4578 on our cruise!) That'll work for me. :)

try it....we're all sitting here laughing at the thought. You can't do that, if they find it, they will confiscate it and return it to you on the last night of your cruise.

all liquid comes up on xray machines as orange. doesnt matter if its water, mouth wash, liquor, anything.

take a "rum runner" bag (i use the same bag just different company) and fill it. put it with your bathroom supplies. toothbrush/toothpaste/qtips/razor ect ect... it literally looks like mouthwash.

why you would laugh at the thought, i have no idea. ive been on 5 cruises, its worked 5 times in a row. my friend i go on my cruises with has been on roughly 15 and its worked every single time for him too. my parents the same thing, 100% of the time.

these guys are searching 5000 bags. they're looking for obvious stuff. things that are CLEARLY alcohol, not things that might be a little suspicious. so you keep laughing, ill keep saving.

hi we are cruising from Barcelona on Brilliance, we are on a 12 night cruise and have been quoted £940 approx for the two of us including gratuities . this is for the premium package. Going by UK city prices and also European cities we think this is a good deal for us. we aren't huge drinkers but like a couple of beers round pool and same on a night with maybe a couple of g&t. so hopefully will get our money's worth. Friends have done the same and said the found it good value.

hi we are cruising from Barcelona on Brilliance, we are on a 12 night cruise and have been quoted £940 approx for the two of us including gratuities . this is for the premium package. Going by UK city prices and also European cities we think this is a good deal for us. we aren't huge drinkers but like a couple of beers round pool and same on a night with maybe a couple of g&t. so hopefully will get our money's worth. Friends have done the same and said the found it good value.

I am sure you will get you monies worth.:D

Thank you for making the comparison sheet, very clever!

We have been given the ' select package' included by our TA and think we will upgrade to the Premium for the extra $15 a day.

If there are particular drinks you like that are not included , then it is well worth the upgrade.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

We are also on a longer cruise, 15 night TA. I was worried about 'getting my monies worth' if I purchased the premium package. After inputting values for what I would normally consume on a 7 day cruise I came out with a bill of over $900 purchasing each item individually. For just the 7 day!! I do like bottled water, pina coladas and lava flows. In the past I have done only the select package, but after upgrading on my last cruise after they ran out of my beer, I am a believer in the premium package, for me.

We are also on a longer cruise, 15 night TA. I was worried about 'getting my monies worth' if I purchased the premium package. After inputting values for what I would normally consume on a 7 day cruise I came out with a bill of over $900 purchasing each item individually. For just the 7 day!! I do like bottled water, pina coladas and lava flows. In the past I have done only the select package, but after upgrading on my last cruise after they ran out of my beer, I am a believer in the premium package, for me.

I agree, the Premium package would be an excellent deal for you.