Places to eat around Hyatt 66

Lineaway

There have been similar posts recently but I didn't want to take over a thread with my own questions so did a bit of research including Google Street view and have come up with this.

We are flying in 2 days early for a cruise and staying at the Hyatt 66 in a couple weeks. I have watched these boards for the great info given but have a couple ? We have no definite plans on what to do but want an idea on where to eat that we can walk to. Hoping to avoid fried foods and a hundred dollar dinner bill.

We like happy hours for the variety of offerings. Market 17 sounds good. Is it? Prices looked reasonable but is it crowded late afternoon?

I saw mention of a Duffys. Are they referring to Duffys sports bar? That looked good too.

H and E market seemed to have a good variety for lunch.

Day Market Kitchen also sounded good for lunch and Bfast.

Siam House for dinner for something different came up.

Any comments or suggestions on the above would be appreciated. Won't have a car so don't want to walk much farther. Been to the Bagel place, Starbucks and Outback but want something different.

We like Hyatt and stayed at the 66 property in December prior to our Princess cruise. When booking, we opted for the buffet breakfast - excellent - and picked up a few extra pieces of fruit to munch on during the day. We are not big luncheon eaters, so fruit and beverage works for us, then we can enjoy a nice dinner.

Hyatt has a very nice pool side restaurant along with Pelicans. They have an excellent Pier 66 steak house across the vast parking lot - IMO, better that Cap Grille or Morton's, plus the benefit of overlooking the water and mega yachts.

When we arrive in FLL, we pick up a rental car, so our dining experience goes beyond the immediate area of the hotel. You have to remember, Hyatt 66 is "over the bridge" from the 17th St abundance of restaurants, but if you are a walker, you can do it. There's the option of using the local bus that stops outside the hotel - not sure of their schedule. Also Uber or taxi.

There are so many restaurants along 17th, many have happy hour or early bird specials. We like Bravo and Mezzaluna, and Kelly's Landing [not all fired seafood]. plus Asian, market fresh options and many chains.

Research the restaurants in the area, check their web site for specials or happy hour schedules, then plan your dining experience in Ft Lauderdale.

Darcy

I love Bistro Mezzoluna and Market 17 but they are pretty spendy.

Some of my faves in the mid range:

Coco Asian

Carlos and Pepes

Kellys

Outback

Carabbas

Less Expensive:

Quarterdeck

Southport Raw Bar

Duffys

Inexpensive:

Shula Burger

Firehouse Subs

Pei Wei

Thanks, I went on Tripadvisor and found a couple more choices. Alot sound good. As for the walking it depends on the weather how far we would venture. Didn't know the Hyatt had a Buffet.

Thanks, I went on Tripadvisor and found a couple more choices. Alot sound good. As for the walking it depends on the weather how far we would venture. Didn't know the Hyatt had a Buffet.

Hyatt at Pier 66 offers a buffet breakfast along with select breakfast items. We book our stay to include the buffet breakfast.

The buffet is very plentiful - omelets to order, hot and cold meats, cheese, eggs, breads & rolls, fresh fruit, cereal, with juice and coffee served to you at your table.

Re: Mezzaluna, guess I'm used to Boston area prices because I consider the menu pricing as average. Nevertheless, we tend toward their Happy Hour as DH loves the oysters for $1, and I'm OK with the bar menu. This is our dining choice when we have a substantial lunch at a restaurant along the water taxi route and are too full for a big evening meal.

Darcy

• 1 month later...
We loved Duffy's, but we are kinda sports nuts. Could you guess LOL

Good food, great service & they put on Boston game for us.

Duffy's is a nice Spot . We were there for the GB Steelers Super Bowl Go Sox ' B's Pats and Celts

We always go to Pelican Landing, it's right at the marina of Pier 66, you will dine right next to beautiful yachts and the food and drinks are great! The breakfast buffet at Pier 66 is wonderful, keep checking their pricing on line, last year we were able to change from just a room to a reservation that included our breakfast for only a small price difference, Enjoy!