Case of water on board San juan

murphy4

Tried to find the answer to this with no luck, We will be leaving from San Juan on the 28th and want to take a case of water on board with us. Has anyone done this in San Juan? I already printed a luggage tag for the water:D

You can purchase the water in the terminal building and carry it on.

This is against RCL rules, you are not allowed to bring in any drinks other than two bottles of wine..........

Oh wait that lecture is re alchole, don't see how doing this is better or worse then bring Rum runners or alcohol on board.

It Just doesn't seem to draw the same criticism.

Ps I say of you can get it on board go for it

In san Juan it seemed you could bring on whatever you wanted. We tried to delcare a couple of bottles of stuff we were bring home as a gift and were told just to take it on the ship - Canival cruise- So we got alcohol on that we didn't even want to drink- just our luck :D

Tried to find the answer to this with no luck, We will be leaving from San Juan on the 28th and want to take a case of water on board with us. Has anyone done this in San Juan? I already printed a luggage tag for the water:D

Does anyone know if this can be done, too, in Barcelona? Is it acceptable by RCCL to bring a case of bottled water on to any of its ships on embarkation day?

How much do you really save on a case of water? ........24 x $2 max per bottle on a cruise where you have paid anything from $700+ per person + flights + hotels.

Is it really worth all that hassle to save $50?

I agree. But some people love their bottled water and will do anything to save a few bucks......:rolleyes:

Maybe it was a fluke, but in September 2015, the terminal did not sell non-sparkling water in the shop at the Royal Caribbean terminal in San Juan. They only sold sparkling water in large decorative bottles. I had bought water there in October 2013.

Many people were carrying on cases of water and were not stopped..

How much do you really save on a case of water? ........24 x $2 max per bottle on a cruise where you have paid anything from $700+ per person + flights + hotels.

Is it really worth all that hassle to save $50?

We generally consume more than the 24 bottles, so the savings is around $100. I don't find it a hassle.

We have sailed out of San Juan 3x. Each time we brought 2 cases of water and 1 case of diet coke on board. We bought at Walgreens in San Juan the night before the cruise and checked it with checked bags. Personally, as a water engineer, I thing the water is a waste, but my wife and daughters like it. I drink water from the tap on the ship and use my RCI Coke cup to get water to carry around.

Last time I was in San Juan port there was a liquor store after security... I wouldn't think taking water would be an issue. BTW same situation in Barcelona... a few shops were after the security check.

Barcelona might have been the nicest terminal we've been in.

Last time I was in San Juan port there was a liquor store after security... I wouldn't think taking water would be an issue. BTW same situation in Barcelona... a few shops were after the security check.

Barcelona might have been the nicest terminal we've been in.

I agree, Barcelona has a very nice terminal. We've never had to wait there, just check-in and immediately walk on the ship. Probably being a non-US port makes the boarding process simpler.

When you guys say case are you talking about 12 or 24.

Isn't it very heavy to try and carry that onboard and then with you while waiting for room.

I would like to do that out of canaveral but wondering if I could manage it along with wine.

Thanks

When you guys say case are you talking about 12 or 24.

Isn't it very heavy to try and carry that onboard and then with you while waiting for room.

I would like to do that out of canaveral but wondering if I could manage it along with wine.

Thanks

We use a rolling carry on luggage bag. It's too heavy to carry for us.

So as I understand it, it is a generally accepted practice by Royal to allow passengers to carry on a case of drinking water without it being confiscated. I know about the 2 bottles of allowable wine. Thanks for the assistance.

Correct, but they are much more likely to not allow it during spring break.

My guess is that they don't really care if you bring on water and soda. However, in order to be able to selectively deny beverages at times, they put the prohibition in the rules.

Correct, but they are much more likely to not allow it during spring break.

My guess is that they don't really care if you bring on water and soda. However, in order to be able to selectively deny beverages at times, they put the prohibition in the rules.

Thanks....not going during spring break. We are 6 booked on Brilliance transatlantic in Oct

its not about saving money, we prefer bottled water in our cabin and when we go on shore.

If it's really not about saving money, you could easily buy bottled water on-board to have in your cabin and when you go on shore. You could even order it ahead of time to have it there waiting for you.

(I'm not suggesting saving money is a bad motivation. I like to save money.)

Edited by Paul65