Question about choice Air (Air2Sea)

Hi all

I have never booked my flights using ChoiceAir, but I was browsing around yesterday and noticed they have pretty good deals sometimes. My main concern is that if you book through them, you can't select a seat on the plane. Can you select your seat on the airline and even upgrade to economy Comfort/Plus? Thanks for your answers.

Cindy

Hi all

I have never booked my flights using ChoiceAir, but I was browsing around yesterday and noticed they have pretty good deals sometimes. My main concern is that if you book through them, you can't select a seat on the plane. Can you select your seat on the airline and even upgrade to economy Comfort/Plus? Thanks for your answers.

Cindy

Yes, you can select a seat, IF the airline you are flying allows for advance seat assignments. If so, after you book with ChoiceAir visit the airline website or call the airline and reserve your seats; you will need the reservation locator number. Some airlines do not allow advance seat assignments, and others may charge an extra fee for advance seat assignments. But this has nothing to do with booking on ChoiceAir.

Upgrading may be permitted, depending on the fare you paid. Your choice of words - "economy Comfort/Plus" suggests you are considering Delta or United flights, and there should not be a problem paying extra for more legroom.

Yes, you can select a seat, IF the airline you are flying allows for advance seat assignments. If so, after you book with ChoiceAir visit the airline website or call the airline and reserve your seats; you will need the reservation locator number. Some airlines do not allow advance seat assignments, and others may charge an extra fee for advance seat assignments. But this has nothing to do with booking on ChoiceAir.

Upgrading may be permitted, depending on the fare you paid. Your choice of words - "economy Comfort/Plus" suggests you are considering Delta or United flights, and there should not be a problem paying extra for more legroom.

Thanks a lot for your reply. And yes, I usually fly Delta/United and might even consider AA if they offered more legroom at a price. It will be a flight across the pond from Europe, so that extra legroom and a good seat is very important to me. Again, thanks :)

Cindy

We flew with Virgin Atlantic recently. They partner with Delta. You are able to book your seats in advance and pay for seats with extra leg room. You can do this once your booking has been confirmed through their website.

We flew with Virgin Atlantic recently. They partner with Delta. You are able to book your seats in advance and pay for seats with extra leg room. You can do this once your booking has been confirmed through their website.

Thanks a lot. I'll feel much safer if I book with them :)

Cindy

On the contrary side, we booked a British Airways flight (subsequently cancelled) using Choice Air, and could not select seats because the fare that Choice Air purchased from BA did not allow advance seat selection. Now I call Choice Air to make the booking and ask if a certain flight will have the ability to select seats in advance.

I have booked a reservation with RC by myself and never used Air2Sea before.

Where on the booking can I see where I can find Air2Sea information.

Do I have to call to get flight information/price?

When you log on to my cruises on your Booking Dashbord you will see a link to Air2Sea.

I try to take a screen shot.

25127776495_43fc9119af_o.jpg

Edited by FLACRUISER99

First time RCCL cruiser here (three cruises on other lines) and first time "booking my airfare with the cruiseline" cruiser. :)

We sail from Copenhagen, so when I was looking for flights from Austin to Copenhagen, I also found that RCCL's airfare was slightly better.

One thing I noticed is, the first choice that came up was British Airways, perhaps because BA has non-stops from Austin to London. But you can also select a particular airline -- we ended up on SAS for a lower price than I had found elsewhere.

As far as picking our seats: booking a BA flight through ChoiceAir did not allow seat selection; you had to contact BA afterwards. However, SAS did allow you to select seats. So, that is different between the airlines. With four of us traveling, including a 14-year-old, I definitely wanted to select our seats to make sure we were all together.

When I booked our flights through ChoiceAir (Air2Sea) I actually did it with them on the phone while being on the web. We wanted Delta (being a SkyMiles member) but the price of American Airlines was so much cheaper we are going with them. I was told we had to contact American Airlines to get our seats so I called after I booked. After speaking to American Airlines I could not get the seats until the booking went through and I had to call back ChoiceAir and ask them to expedite the booking and I had to wait a couple of hours after that. I went on American Airlines site put in my record locator and got our Main Cabin Extra seating.

I strongly suggest that you periodically check your flight (internationally or domestic) info online to make sure the times and flight numbers don't change. They can also change equipment which will change your seating. This happens fairly frequently to us and I have to get seats where we want them not where the computer puts us.

...I strongly suggest that you periodically check your flight (internationally or domestic) info online to make sure the times and flight numbers don't change. They can also change equipment which will change your seating. This happens fairly frequently to us and I have to get seats where we want them not where the computer puts us.

Excellent advice!

We have experienced several flight changes with our Choice Air flights, and have never received timely notification from Choice Air. I check flights on the airline's website almost daily.

Excellent advice!

We have experienced several flight changes with our Choice Air flights, and have never received timely notification from Choice Air. I check flights on the airline's website almost daily.

Thank you!

Even without using ChoiceAir (Air2Sea) there are flight changes and you do not always get airline notification right away or sometimes not at all. I find with Delta I have to go through the booking process to find out first before it shows up on "My Trips" this way I know that I have to call or go online to make any changes if need be.

When you log on to my cruises on your Booking Dashbord you will see a link to Air2Sea.

I try to take a screen shot.

25127776495_43fc9119af_o.jpg

Just an FYI to folks who book on RCI outside of the US - that Air2Sea choice may not be there (though you may have the ability to book air by calling).:cool:

We are currently booked on British airways from Rome to Denver. I had to pay 75 pounds to be able to select the seats we wanted on the longer flight from Heathrow to Denver. However, I was able to secure the offset two seats in the back of economy. Away from the bassinets. What really was an issue was I would call British airways only to be told I needed to call air2sea in regards to booking our seats on the first leg. Air2sea was able secure our sets just fine. The airline then moved the flight up from Heathrow to Denver making the connection time less than 40 mins. Another call to BA, then told to call air2sea. Finally, after many days of phone calls and waits on hold I had our fight secured. I really wanted this flight as we wouldn't have to connect once in the states. I never did receive an email stating my flight had been moved up, so CHECKING YOUR FLIGHT OFTEN REALLY IS GREAT ADVICE!

Also last year flying home what should have been London-jfk-Denver became London-jfk-Atlanta- then Denver. What a nightmare..

I don't know if air2sea failed to email me of the flight change or if it went straight to a junk email folder. Last time a flight was changed that is where I found the email, after I already had found out about flight changes due to the airline's app.

Edited by slg1979