Last Carnival shuttle?

Savlamara

When coming back to port are there multiple shuttles from the port to the airport or just one? Can you choose which shuttle you want to go back on?

I am speaking of New Orleans specifically. I have a late flight and wont be rushing off the boat but also getting transport from the port back to the airport.

I've not sailed from NOLA but there are usually multiple shuttles at other ports. I came back from Port Canaveral a few years ago and had a late flight. I stayed on the ship until they started pushing people off. You can sometimes take an excursion that will end with drop off at the airport depending on the port.

When coming back to port are there multiple shuttles from the port to the airport or just one? Can you choose which shuttle you want to go back on?

I am speaking of New Orleans specifically. I have a late flight and wont be rushing off the boat but also getting transport from the port back to the airport.

I've not sailed from NOLA but there are usually multiple shuttles at other ports. I came back from Port Canaveral a few years ago and had a late flight. I stayed on the ship until they started pushing people off. You can sometimes take an excursion that will end with drop off at the airport depending on the port.

We had the same situation when we sailed from Galveston. We had a 6:00 pm flight. We stayed on the ship until 10:30, when the cruise director asked us all to leave, in a humorous tone. Shuttles had been going to the airport all morning so we hopped onto the next available one.

There are a number of shuttles that leave as quickly as they are filled. They are treated like a shore excursion, and you have to be at the meeting point on the ship at a certain time or you get left behind.

Instead of taking the shuttle take a tour of NO instead.

Edited by zqvol

Awesome, thanks for the replies all! I am not wanting to do an excursion, more like relishing the last of the cruisey atmosphere... But good to know there will be multiple shuttles!

There are hundreds of people who use the cruise ship shuttles, so, no, there isn't just one.

But with you wanting to stay on the ship later, why don't you just get a cab?? Simple. $36+++ for 2 people. I'm certain the Carnival shuttle is more.

There are hundreds of people who use the cruise ship shuttles, so, no, there isn't just one.

But with you wanting to stay on the ship later, why don't you just get a cab?? Simple. $36+++ for 2 people. I'm certain the Carnival shuttle is more.

I'm cruising solo and it appears that is a flat $79 fee to/from MSY airport in new Orleans. So in that case the $24 carnival shuttle would be cheaper. Even Uber says they adhere to the flat rate as well.

I'm cruising solo and it appears that is a flat $79 fee to/from MSY airport in new Orleans. So in that case the $24 carnival shuttle would be cheaper. Even Uber says they adhere to the flat rate as well.

I heard Uber is FORCED to charge a minimum $75 from the airport by the city.

We just cruised out of NOLA 3 weeks ago and can confirm flate rates from airport for taxis were $36 for up to 2 people. An additional fee applied for 3 or more passengers. Rates are all posted on the outside of the taxis. But if you're paying $24, guess its a decision between possible inconvenience or the $12.

Enjoy your cruise regardless....sucks thinking about "after cruise" issues.

Edited by cdnmr