Port canaveral port stop? Visit orlando

Equisport

We are sailing on the Anthem of the seas and due to stop in port canaveral on the 22nd March, as a Huge Orlando theme park fan I'd like to visit Orlando and have seen RCL do a bus, but is it easier /cheaper/faster to get a private transfer to Orlando ?

Also do you have enough time to visit a park? We do know the place like the back of our hand so won't be wandering around wasting time

Thanks

I would book it through Royal just for the sake of making sure they don't leave without you in the event of traffic. Jmo.

Totally agree with the above! Book thru the ship!

The traffic in Orlando is always bad and can be dreadful.

You'll enjoy yourself much more if you don't that to worry about getting back!

LuLu

I would book it through Royal just for the sake of making sure they don't leave without you in the event of traffic. Jmo.

Totally agree. One accident on the road between the port and Orlando can mess everything up.

We are sailing on the Anthem of the seas and due to stop in port canaveral on the 22nd March, as a Huge Orlando theme park fan I'd like to visit Orlando and have seen RCL do a bus, but is it easier /cheaper/faster to get a private transfer to Orlando ?

Also do you have enough time to visit a park? We do know the place like the back of our hand so won't be wandering around wasting time

Thanks

for Mouse town definitely do a ship tour. far too many opportunities to get left behind otherwise.

then again I also never advocate trying to do it during a port call. simply not enough time to get any real enjoyment out of it especially since you have to have Fast pass + to do any headliner rides.

If you set up a My Disney Experience account on the Disney World website, as an off-site guest you can book 3 FP+ selections at your choice of park.

It's easily over an hour, closer to 1.5 with traffic. Not sure how long the tour is stated, nor the actual time in the park.

Is the tour transportation only or does the price include a park ticket?

I'd want a solid 5 - 6 hours in the MK to make it worth my while, especially if I didn't already have an Annual Pass and had to purchase a one day ticket.

We live in Tampa and are Disney annual passholders. In addition, we just got off the Enchantment from Port Canaveral. I agree that you might not have much time to fully enjoy the parks, especially for the cost. However, if you choose to, I would rent a car and make the drive. That will be your cheapest option. If you rent a car, take the Beachline Expressway to 441. It's a tolled highway, but traffic won't be an issue like I-4. Avoid I-4 at all costs.

Edited by bluecookies

I live in the orlando metro area and I would definately not advice anyone to do the attractions on their own. Traffic can be a major concern.

In normal traffic it should take 1 to 1.5 hours from the port to Disney. I don't see that there is enough quality time to actual have fun at Disney unless you just want to experience Disney.

The drive is fairly simple though. The Beach Line Expressway (528) to Interstate 4

then west to the Disney exit.

.. In normal traffic it should take 1 to 1.5 hours from the port to Disney. I don't see that there is enough quality time to actual have fun at Disney unless you just want to experience Disney....

I agree, just not enough time.

It's hard to justify that $100+ park ticket for a few hours of standing in long lines even with FP, whether you are familiar or not. Kennedy Space Center is an excellent option if it is offered. Cocoa Pier is a fun place to hang out too. Enjoy whatever you choose.

Go to Cape Kennedy the space center is much closer (you can see the main rocket assembly building from the port). There are a couple of "rides" and lots of history. The other choice is to go to Ron Jon's and the surf store next door, both are great beach stores.

Personally, I am not sure that is a great port stop, but trying to do the Mouse from Pt Canaveral on a cruise tour seems like a waste of a day to me.

JC

A few years ago we went to Sea World and had a great time.

TIPS:

Get off the ship as soon as possible

Would consider getting a rental car from Cocoa Beach. There are a few companies nearby. Will shuttle you to their rental agency and off you go.

Leave a little time to get back to the ship once in Cocoa Beach because the rental agency will be closed, and you will need to get a cab back to the ship.

Sea World is closer to the Port. More importantly, easier to get in and out. We were able to do everything at Sea World in about 8 hours.

No way that you can do much of anything at Disney World in that same time frame.

Also would second the Kennedy Space Center idea.