Excursion after disembarking

ramdoggiesmom

Cruising out of Miami next month and for the first time, we are taking an excursion after disembarking back in Miami due to a late flight out. Although we've cruised 15 times, we've never done this before. Can someone tell me how this works as far as luggage/carry ons go? We're taking an airboat in the everglades and if I have to take my carry on with me, I don't want it to fall into the water and get eaten by an alligator!

Edited by ramdoggiesmom
misspelling

We did one when on Hawaii.

The heavy luggage was carried on the coach and was packed in the order that people would leave the coach.

The carry-on we left on the coach at the stops; the driver remained on the coach or locked it.

We felt it was very safe.

We did the airboat tour in Miami but as "In Transit" passengers and think that the same situation would exist.

Mike

We have done excursions after disembarking several times. The Everglades excursion is great! Your luggage is put in the bottom of the bus and stays there until they bring you to the Airport, probably around 3:30. All you have to carry is your purse/wallet.

We have done excursions after disembarking several times. The Everglades excursion is great! Your luggage is put in the bottom of the bus and stays there until they bring you to the Airport, probably around 3:30. All you have to carry is your purse/wallet.

I was thinking about doing this excursion, but it says it is good only for flights leaving after 3:30 pm and ours leaves at 3:15 pm, so I won't book it. But I assume they would get you to the airport by 1:30 pm or so if it works for 3:30 pm or later flights?

Thanks everyone for the answer to my question, I do appreciate it! Our flight isn't until 5:00 pm so we have lots of time in Miami. The excursion says its only 3 1/2 hours long and its supposed to start at 8:30 am so I'm thinking you would still have time to make your 3:15 flight. May be something you'd want to ask them at the excursion desk before booking it. We're boarding the Pearl in 26 days and I can hardly wait! 10 days in paradise.

Edited by ramdoggiesmom

ramdoggie

You booked a GREAT excursion!! It was a blast, I've done it twice and cannot recommend it highly enough. ONE CAVEAT .... you won't have a lot of time for lunch-- so IF you're done with the gator show head over to the snack shop as they are slow in there. IF you have more time you can wander the grounds and look at the other gators. Otherwise skip lunch and eat when you get to the airport.

To the poster who was not going to book because your flight leaves 15 mins earlier than suggested, I woudn't worry -- unless you are flying out of FLL you'd make the flight from MIA

Cruising out of Miami next month and for the first time, we are taking an excursion after disembarking back in Miami due to a late flight out. Although we've cruised 15 times, we've never done this before. Can someone tell me how this works as far as luggage/carry ons go? We're taking an airboat in the everglades and if I have to take my carry on with me, I don't want it to fall into the water and get eaten by an alligator!

DSC_0482_zpsbec3c3a4.jpg

DSC_0495_zpsd98305db.jpg

DSC_0505c_zps618f47d8.jpg

D11-1.jpg

D11-4.jpg

D11-5.jpg

OP, May I ask which vendor you're booking the tour with? I was looking into this for our April cruise as we're not staying an additional evening in Miami and I came across 3 different companies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my confused state I was thinking the OP was booking through ShoreEx on the ship. This excursion is then used as transport to the airport as well.

Saur-that could very well be! I did t even consider booking through Ncl-lol so I missed that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've always booked these through the ship, because then you get priority debarkation, which came in very handy in Galveston in April 2009.