Norwegian Cruise Line Changes Shows on Escape and Getaway

LauraS

Million Dollar Quartet is likely a better fit for Getaway now that she's headed for Europe. Better global appeal than Legally Blonde, at the very least.

I'm also happy I won't have to pay to see the John Hughes musical on Escape. And I'm anxious to know what will be in the dinner theater on Escape now that JH is moving to the Escape Theater. Hopefully something sexy. Just don't mess with my Burn the Floor.

saw legally blonde on getaway a week ago.

the production was extremely well done, good cast/singers.

but the story is more than cheesy and full of boring stereotypes.

the scene where the role, played by a male african american singer, gets asked/is debated about whether he were "gay or european" just about sums it up *lol* - and that was the funny part! yawn...

not much of a loss to getaway, IMHO.

We are booked on the Escape for the second time in May. We had just booked and paid for the For The Record show in the Supper Club a couple of days before NCL announced the change. We also have reservations for the MDQ.

We are waiting to see what they do with our reservations and what they put in the SupperClub.

At the same time, NCL announced that simultaneous with these changes on 3/05/16, they are discontinuing the Brenda Braxton Cabaret show (so I assume that this is the end of the initial entertainment contracts on the Escape).

I am so happy to hear this news!!! I will be on the Getaway May 22nd sailing and was not to happy to see Legally Blonde....I am so excited now to see Million Dollar Quartet!!! Way to go NCL...

Sailing on the same cruise in May. First time NCL so if you have good tips pass them along. If not see you aboard.

We just sailed Escape last week and saw all three shows. I'm glad I got to see MDQ before it left because it was awesome. Some in my party thought it dragged on a little but I loved the musical history lesson. For The Record was equally great, especially, if you are familiar with movies that are showcased. I'm curious how the show will change on the big stage because in The Supper Club they ran around and in between the table and chairs and I liked that. The food served was not to our liking, so that is a change for the good.

The concierge I am working with said that we would get an email when we can book MDQ. He does not know anything else at this time.We are 90 days out for the cruise on May 29. The first day of the show per the Facebook notification was May 15. Hopefully they will make it available soon.

I'm on the cruise for the week of 4/16 to 4/23. I was just able to book After Midnight on 4/18 and The Brat Pack for 4/21 at 7:00 pm. Right now it looks like the 4/21 Brat Pack show is the first time it will be in the Escape Theater.

Unfortunately I am on the 3/26 Escape sailing, so we are getting After Midnight and the temporary "show" of the a cappella singers. Not too thrilled at the a cappella group, it might just mean more time in the bar for me!

The May Escape now has For The Record bookable in the main theater. They are also offering the Supper Club Cabaret on one night (only), two shows. When we were on the Escape last year, Brenda Braxton was in the Cabaret show, but that ends this month.

I think they should incorporate at least one new show per ship. I was not a fan of legally blonde (Cheesy) or burn the floor(Repetitious). Clearly they can make that happen. I dont know I liked Cirque and blue man and some of the broad way stuff but all this magic show, employee acts and comedy stuff is getting old.

Unfortunately I am on the 3/26 Escape sailing, so we are getting After Midnight and the temporary "show" of the a cappella singers. Not too thrilled at the a cappella group, it might just mean more time in the bar for me!

We're on the March 12th sailing, so it looks like we will not be able to see either the MDQ or the John Hughes show. I really hope that the a cappella group is good.