Excursions vs Shipboard Credit vs Unlimited Passport Excursion package

cruisegal415

Hi all,

Going on Marina in October but this is a generic question. So the new offers are, $700 per person shipboard credit or 7 excursions (I assume p/p?) but I was looking at the excursions for the Mediterranean cruise we are taking (Grand Voyage Rome to Venice or B2B Rome-Monte Carlo-Venice) and some of the excursions like the rail to Rome are more than $500.

Is there a limit on the amount of cost of the "free" excursions if you take the 7 "free" excursions?

If we do the shipboard credit instead, would it be more economical to do the Unlimited Passport Excursion package at $1538 p/p? I think I could find 3-4 a la carte excursions that would get me to that price real quick, meaning the remaining ones would be "free?"

Some advice and guidance would be appreciated, thank you in advance!

As I understand it the Free excursions are the ones without the letters after the activity level

If you see OC or OE they are not part of the free excursions

I would join the roll call for your cruises & see if people have privates tours to join usually a bit cheaper & better than the shorex

If you want the unlimited package just go through all the ports & pick the excursions you would like then compare prices if there is an extra charge or not

then make an informed decision

JMO

Edited by LHT28

Hi all,

Going on Marina in October but this is a generic question. So the new offers are, $700 per person shipboard credit or 7 excursions (I assume p/p?) but I was looking at the excursions for the Mediterranean cruise we are taking (Grand Voyage Rome to Venice or B2B Rome-Monte Carlo-Venice) and some of the excursions like the rail to Rome are more than $500.

Is there a limit on the amount of cost of the "free" excursions if you take the 7 "free" excursions?

If we do the shipboard credit instead, would it be more economical to do the Unlimited Passport Excursion package at $1538 p/p? I think I could find 3-4 a la carte excursions that would get me to that price real quick, meaning the remaining ones would be "free?"

Some advice and guidance would be appreciated, thank you in advance!

You mention "Unlimited Passport Excursion Package," You will see that the same basic excursions as the 7 free are included at no cost in that package- but you can select more than 7. The OC and the OE excursions have an upcharge if you select them. You can make the comparison if you log on to your account, booked cruises, and select manage booking. Then select shore excursions, shop for excursions. Each tour has prices for the individual tour, and 2 package prices (UPC and YWC).