Turnaround Day in Vancouver

Alicomp

How is immigration for US citizens handled when doing an Alaska b2b with turnaround day in Vancouver? In Ft. Lauderdale the customs people came onto the ship. In Copenhagen we didn't have to do anything. Does anyone have experience with turnaround day in Vancouver?

Thank you.

Alice

If you'll be leaving the ship, you can leave any time after the ship is cleared. There will be a very brief immigration and customs process - you'll barely stop moving. When you return to the terminal, there is a crew/transit passenger line on the cruise level to the left of the main security queue.

If you're staying onboard, they'll zero the ship, I expect, and have you walk off, clear and walk back on.

I love Vancouver and can think of a zillion awesome ways to spend my turnaround day, especially because you'll have sea days on either side of it. I would highly encourage you to plan a day in Vancouver.

We did this early in the season and it was sort of a mess. The pier people were all new and had no idea what "in transit" meant. We had to search for several individuals before someone knew what that meant and could get back on the ship. Everyone kept saying "sit down"...... It probably gets better after the beginning of the season starts.

I did a B2B in the Caribbean last year on the Emerald. The whole Customs process was a joke really....all of the passengers who were continuing on and who were not getting off the ship met in the Princess Theatre. We were scanned in and once everyone was there we were scanned out and were allowed to roam around the ship. The US Customs guy told me that because we were continuing on on the same ship that we did not have to get off and come through Customs again. It was only the passengers who were getting off for the day in FLL and then returning who had to do that.