DON't PACK YOUR WINE IN YOUUR SUITCASE !!!!

Calgon1

It looks like you have been on Cruise Critic long enough to not be surprised by the majority of the responses you have gotten to this post. I also would have been extremely annoyed if they refused to return the wine at all. If wine is allowed, it's allowed. Period. They had to know you don't cruise with Carnival frequently. Just explain the policy, give the wine back, and be done with it.

It seems petty and punitive for no good reason.

Us - "Huh :confused: "

Security - "We have to seize it. If you had carried it on, that would have bee allowed. But, because it was in a checked bag, it has to be seized :mad:"

Us - "Uh, OK. But we'll get it back at the end of the cruise, right :confused: "

Security - "No. It is forfeit. You don't get it back :mad:"

Bottom Line? Over two bottle s of mediocre wine, Carnival lost two cruisers. We have NEVER experienced this with any other cruise line, including Holland America, Princess, Costa and Cunard (all Carnival Corporation subsidiaries)!

Edited by saharaga

for the OP,

in the Roll call you started, someone posted before you sailed that you need to put wine in the carry on and not in checked luggage. did you not read it? not believe them? seems like you were an active participant of that thread where someone mentioned it

I don't know whether to congratulate you for your detective work or be horrified by it . :confused::eek:;) . Either way I am not going to get into a CC beef with you .

It looks like you have been on Cruise Critic long enough to not be surprised by the majority of the responses you have gotten to this post. I also would have been extremely annoyed if they refused to return the wine at all. If wine is allowed, it's allowed. Period. They had to know you don't cruise with Carnival frequently. Just explain the policy, give the wine back, and be done with it.

I wasn't aware the wine is not returned but I do know in the past some here who have bragged about declaring a bottle each in their hand luggage and smuggling another bottle in their checked luggage . Now I know the OB would never ever do so but I guess Carnival is getting tough . OK with me . Edited by richstowe

On my last cruise we mistakenly packed our sunscreen, aloe and bug spray in one of the carry-on bags. They confiscated it at ATL and said it would not be returned to us on our return flight. I am considering not flying out of ATL again. That has not happened to me at any other airport.

Thanks for understanding my posting.

RE: The Constellation - Please elaborate on the show(s). Too loud? Too quiet? Bad acoustics? Poor performances? ??????

poor performance..

We are used to seeing good shows with Carnival.

Connie had a comedian one night....another comedian the other night. This is in the main showroom mind you.

Then, The sounds of supremes. 3 woman they flew in. Then, the last night we did not go. No thought went into putting on good shows.

was very surprised

That's been the rule for awhile. Nothing new.

Carry on for the wine.

The vodka goes in checked bag

Oh that's how it works!? Oh don't forget! Purchasing the bottomless bubbles, for your set ups! I've learn't so much here, thanks everyone:D I just need to read more, so I don't start a Threads on OLD NEWS and boring people:eek: However I hope cruisers, learn't something from our 2 post's Vitamin_Sea:D

Edited by TORQ

Bottom Line? Over two bottle s of mediocre wine, Carnival lost two cruisers. We have NEVER experienced this with any other cruise line, including Holland America, Princess, Costa and Cunard (all Carnival Corporation subsidiaries)!

Bye Bye. :)

I don't know whether to congratulate you for your detective work or be horrified by it . :confused::eek:;) . Either way I am not going to get into a CC beef with you .

OP had 3500+ posts. I couldn't imagine that the OP didn't see it somewhere on the site... it took me 5 minutes to find that someone talked about it on their roll call. not detective work. I had nothing else going on so I poked around. I need a hobby :p

:)

On my last cruise we mistakenly packed our sunscreen, aloe and bug spray in one of the carry-on bags. They confiscated it at ATL and said it would not be returned to us on our return flight. I am considering not flying out of ATL again. That has not happened to me at any other airport.

NICE comparison!

I wasn't aware the wine is not returned but I do know in the past some here who have bragged about declaring a bottle each in their hand luggage and smuggling another bottle in their checked luggage . Now I know the OB would never ever do so but I guess Carnival is getting tough . OK with me .

I wouldn't be surprised if this is the real story for the OP but they got caught

As most of you out there are aware, you can bring two (750ml) bottles of wine onboard, per cabin.

If you intend to do so, make sure you have them in your carry-on(s). We put two bottles, suitably padded, in a suitcase, which we dropped with the curbside stevedore.

While we were among the first onboard (11:00 am), by sail away (4:00 pm) the bag had not arrived. By early evening (7:00 pm), the bag was still missing.

Checked with our steward. He suggested checking with Guest Services. Bingo! They had the bag, but were holding it because the scanner showed two bottles inside. Laughing, I understood. They needed to determine that it was our two bottles of wine and nod liquor being smuggled aboard.

OK. Opened the bag. Showed them that it was wine and not liquor. They then informed us that the wine was confiscated!

Us - "Huh :confused: "

Security - "We have to seize it. If you had carried it on, that would have bee allowed. But, because it was in a checked bag, it has to be seized :mad:"

Us - "Uh, OK. But we'll get it back at the end of the cruise, right :confused: "

Security - "No. It is forfeit. You don't get it back :mad:"

Too bad you didn't simply ask beforehand, it's pretty common that it has to be in your carry-on. Many cruise lines are like that.

...I do know in the past some here who have bragged about declaring a bottle each in their hand luggage and smuggling another bottle in their checked luggage ... OK with me .

/\This.

I've seen many, many posts from smugglers on the Carnival boards flaunting the fact that it would be 'no big deal' if their smuggled wine or liquor was confiscated because they would get it back at the end of the cruise. "So why not smuggle?", they reasoned.

I am glad Carnival is now permanently confiscating smuggled alcohol in order to deter smugglers. Now it will cost those that feel the rules don't apply to them if their contraband is discovered. And word will eventually spread, such as through this very thread. And less people will attempt to smuggle. It's about time, Carnival.:cool:

I know Carnival has always returned confiscated unopened bottles of alcohol in the past. Are they now keeping it?

Yep.:cool::D

From their Liquor and Beverage Policy:

"All liquor, beer, other forms of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages outside of the exceptions referenced above are strictly prohibited in both carry-on and checked luggage and such items will be confiscated and discarded and no compensation will be provided."

Agreed...and the gang up behavior here is sad.

Feel for OP..read other thread first thing this am....

Plus Op was a frequent cruiser and just changed ..maybe Carnival would have had another try and more from his kids...friends..was very polite about different "fits".

I would and have...in the car..not on a plane...well correction..once from Temecula, CA and San Diego trip to Montana..it made it too many clothes, huge suitcase...bubble wrapped and in the middle.

To Hawaii I have packed and checked the vodka, and a small pineapple juice, and a can of coconut syrup for that fist chi chi when I walk into the condo....pronto.

The OP admittedly made a mistake. It is understandable that one could forget to transfer wine from checked to carry-on after flying, for instance.

Unfortunately for the OP, the mistake cost her the wine because of the smuggling committed (and bragged about) by others for so long. I'm glad Carnival is cracking down on smugglers, even though there will be 'collateral damage', to innocent passengers as in the case of the OP.

OP, I am sorry you had to suffer the consequences of others' misdeeds.:( But I appreciate you starting this thread - it helps spread the word.:)

So many smugglers have insisted for years on these boards that their selfish rule-breaking doesn't affect the rest of us. This is just one more example of how they are wrong.:mad: