Just off Reflection 2-13-16 Western Caribbean

Jazzbo

My husband and I are on our way home from our 7-day Western Caribbean on the Reflection (he is driving, of course!). We were in stateroom 1245, Concierge Class on deck 10 on the hump with th large balcony. The bed is by the balcony and the location is very close to the aft elevator bank and stairs.

We never saw our cabin steward, Vendy, after he introduced himself on embarkation day. I have no complaints about his work; he kept the room spotless. We never even met the assistant steward. This was different for us, because the stewards and their assistants on previous cruises have been quite friendly.

We had a fairly small roll call, but we did get together for a fun sail away at the Sunset Bar and we had enough people sign up for a Crucial Critic "Meet and Mingle" at the Lawn Grill. There was also a cabin crawl, which I missed due to an overpriced manicure and pedicure.

We ate in the main dining room. We were wait listed for late dining, and after being assigned to a large table that was completely full, we sat at a six top next to it with one other couple. We got along so well, that we asked to stay, and Assistant Maitre 'd Claire was very helpful.

On the whole, the food was average. I could always find something to eat, but only the steak Diane on the last night was really good. And the creme brûlée was good. The service was good, not great. The buffet was hit and miss, but I could always make a good salad, and some of the carved meats were good. The ice cream was delicious, especially the peanut butter, which was only available on the first day. The best meal we had was in the Aqua Spa Cafe: gazpacho and perfectly grilled salmon with a few slices of grilled zucchini and yellow squash. I highly recommend it!

The only excursion we did was a private excursion in Ocho Rios with Marvyn's Paradise Tours: we went to the Blue Hole, then river tubing, had a jerk chicken lunch, and then our driver drove us around a little before taking us back to the ship. It was fantastic!

We had booked this cruise while onboard a TA in November 2014, and had the classic drink package included (and gratuities and OBC). We upgraded to the premium package and made good use of it around the pool, at Cafe al Bacio, and the Martini Bar. We tried the replacement for the Molecular Bar once, but the drinks were way too sweet, and from the menu, it looked like most of them had simple syrup in them. The entertainment went back and forth between a DJ in the Martini Bar and a band in the atrium below. The music was great and kept the Martini Bar and the Passport Bar hopping.

We went to a few of the shows. The best was a group of four male singers. The others were a mixed bag, but overall, I think the entertainment has improved. At different times of the day there was "pop-up" entertainment at different areas of the ship, which was fun.

We went to the future cruise sales office and were shocked at the high prices. There is no incentive to book onboard. We will wait to see what happens with prices, and may look at other cruise lines or all-inclusive resorts.

We enjoyed ourselves, but we both felt that the overall experience has diminished, and I prefer the Eclipse and the Solstice to the Reflection.

Vivien

We went to the future cruise sales office and were shocked at the high prices. There is no incentive to book onboard. We will wait to see what happens with prices, and may look at other cruise lines or all-inclusive resorts.

Loved reading your review. Thanks. We were on the Reflection the week before you and agree about the prices, especially with our dollar is not doing so well right now. We didn't book anything while on board this time. We aren't ruling a winter cruise out, yet, for next year, but we may also look at alternatives.

Edited by beltane

Just off the ship too. We enjoyed all the food in main dining room. Had a fantastic time. We did book another cruise on board and received the flowing

Classic bev pkg

Gratuities

Total of $300 inboard credit. (verandah room deck 9)

Loved the Reflection,

Interesting. We were looking at second week in January (usually not a super popular time), C2 or Aqua, and were offered 2 of the 4 perks and $125 OBC. The price for the C2 was $500 more than we paid for this cruise, and for this one we had classic drink package, included gratuities, $300 OBC, plus $250 OBC on the cruise on which we booked this one..

Thanks for the review. I need to clarify my earlier post (I was on a plane when I wrote it lol) Perhaps I recvd all the perks and $300 on board credit was due to the fact we booked a 10-day Ultimate cruise 3/2017 balcony and not a 7-day. I believe 7-day was less credit Still at about $175/per day I thought it was a good deal. We really enjoyed the cruise on the Reflection and cant wait to cruise again next year.