Dinning room attire

sg4crzn

I know there are many opinions regarding this topic. I cruise another line more frequent and also some Disney cruises. On Freedom of the Seas do men wear nice khaki or dress shorts or jeans with a polo or button shirt? I believe in going to dinner looking proper.

I know there are many opinions regarding this topic. I cruise another line more frequent and also some Disney cruises. On Freedom of the Seas do men wear nice khaki or dress shorts or jeans with a polo or button shirt? I believe in going to dinner looking proper.

This will be fine on most nights in the MDR/MTD but long pants on formal nights if they are enforcing their "suggestion". Don't worry and stress over this....enjoy your cruise with RCI.

I thought long pants were suggested for every night, not just formal nights

Your keyword...."suggested" on other than formal nights...I've never seen anyone actually turned away .Regardless it never impacts my dining...sorry it does for some of you...perhaps a more upscale cruiseline might work out better...after 20 + cruises with RCI...I'm happy to just cruise and not judge others during their vacation.

The OP said "nice khaki or dress shorts, jeans, polo shirt, button up shirt"...I've never seen anyone turned away (have you all :confused:) and have noticed this manner of dress very often. ;)

I actually did see someone turned away for wearing shorts on the Explorer of the Seas. I was surprised because I have also seen many people go in to dinner wearing shorts on the same ship.

I should have stated dress code for men and not on "formal" nights. Nice jeans and shirt would be the safest for MDR I would say. I am surprised Disney started allowing shorts in the MDR. I feel their dining rooms are more formally decorated. I've only been on a few RC ships and the last one was Oasis 4 1/2 years ago.

what are dress shorts ?????? short are shorts and the evening dining room rules read "no shorts".

Your keyword...."suggested" on other than formal nights...I've never seen anyone actually turned away .Regardless it never impacts my dining...sorry it does for some of you...perhaps a more upscale cruiseline might work out better...after 20 + cruises with RCI...I'm happy to just cruise and not judge others during their vacation.

Does writing in bold help you make your point??