Promenade Interior Cabin - Adventure?

phabric

Looking at Interior cabins on the Adventure.

There are two categories - Interior and Promenade.

Interior is 160 sq ft

Promenade is 167 sq ft and looks over the Promenade.

Has anybody been in a Promenade cabin?

What do you see when you look out the window?

Is a port hole window or a picture size window?

Can people see in with lights on or off?

Any pictures?

Interior is 160 sq ft

Any pictures?

I was in 7257 earlier this winter. I was solo, and the size was fine - would probably have been fine if my husband had come along too. If I looked straight out, I saw the opposite window. Looking down (the window is a picture-size bay window) I saw the RP near the cafe and the shops on the opposite side. Good view for the parties & parade. There are sheers as well as drapes. Without lights, the sheers give you privacy. With lights, I kept my clothes on. Steward would pull the heavy drapes as part of evening service, so complete privacy, but if I wanted to see activities I opened them again. Nice little window seat for viewing. You definitely get the noise (including the bass) for big events, but I noticed those ended promptly at 11pm. Noise doesn't bother me much anyway, so YMMV.

No pictures, but I actually liked the cabin enough to book it again for next year. Previously only stayed in balcony or JS, but decided to try this for my solo cruise. The Promenade deck served as my balcony, and quite nicely too!

ETA: I don't recall every really seeing anything from the opposite window, but then I wasn't actually looking over there either. By the time I was ready to sit for a minute and look, all the action was downstairs so that's what I recall noticing.

Edited by cheezwiz

Not on Adventure but I've had an Promenade room on Liberty. If a balcony room is not an option for me, this is my next choice. The window is a picture window. It looks out into the Promenade. You see what is out there and is going on. I haven't ever had an issue with noise or anything. It's a fun room to watch out of.

If you don't close the curtains, then yes people from down below can see in. So it's fine as long as you aren't changing or anything else you don't want anyone to see.

It's fun to look up though, because some people decorate their windows.

We loved our Promenade room on Adventure. It was great to sit in the window seat and look down on the Promenade.. watching people line up for the watch sales and whatever else was going to be on sale! We were at the far end of the Promenade (furthest from the Cafe) and noise was not an issue. Would definitely book another one if we couldn't get a balcony!

Thank you for the pictures, it helps.

To choose a cabin is it better over the row shops - end, middle, guest service, elevator?

I'd go for the middle, to get a decent view both ways. Guest Services is too far from the action on the Promenade.

Interior is 160 sq ft

Any pictures?

We just sailed AOS Feb 6-13 and had promenade room 6591. Other members of our group had cabins 6587 and 6595. They were near the stairs and elevators. I second most of what others have said about PR rooms. We went to bed a little early on a couple of nights and you can hear the music, especially bass, but it ended well before midnight and was quiet afterwards. We actually watched some of the promenade activities and were glad we had a private view vs. being in the masses below.

I liked the openness the window provided and the little bit of light in the cabin by leaving a crack in the curtains during the night to get to the bathroom. The sheers really provide a decent amount of privacy yet let in the light.

However, do NOT book cabin 6587. This is next to a crew and service room. There is noise pretty much non-stop but especially beginning at 4am. It was reported and that helped some but not entirely. The door would be left ajar and bump with each movement of the ship. I would not recommend this room or any similarly located. The other rooms were fine.

Bottom line, I think the PR cabins are a good choice and would book one again on a future cruise. I plan to post a general review of our recent trip with more details soon.

I particularly enjoyed the location of my cabin (7257.) It was just a few cabins aft of the forward elevators. Far enough to avoid the "bustle" of that area, but close enough to nip down the stairs and get a quick coffee & head to other activities!

If you're choosing between the promenade and a regular interior here are a couple things nobody has mentioned:

First, the promenade room can feel like it has less room because of the way thee bed is configured. In a regular interior it is against the back wall, leaving the space between the front door and the bed "open" for walking and such. In the promenade, because of the window, the bed is lined up in the middle wall, so you have to walk around the bed. No biggie but did make the room feel smaller even though it isn't. Some feel the promenade feels bigger because of the window. It's personal preference. Also the promenade room has an extra couch by the window so that takes up room.

Second: while the promenade window is fun to look out of, most people end up leaving the curtains closed after the first or second day, so it's like not having a window at all. And if you're someone who only uses the room to shower and sleep, then you will likely have to leave it clised because while one of you wants to look out the window, the other one is showering or getting dressed, so it had to be closed anyway.

So, if the interior is cheaper, i personally would book that. If the promenade happens to be cheaper (when we booked ours there were more promenades available than interiors so it was significantly cheaper by several hundred dollars), then book that. The experience won't be that different in either one.

If you're looking at insides, look on the deck 7 aft center corridor at the back of the library. These cabins are accessible through a door at the back of the library. Very quiet. And you can treat the library like your living room.

Edited by 138east