Just off 2/14 Liberty sailing...

Important question from the hubs - well important to him:

Any sign of donuts on this cruise? and if so, are they gross asian-style like on Oasis or regular more American donuts?

Inquiring minds want to know.

In the diamond lounge and suite lounge they had some chocolate covered doughnuts that I loved! Didn't taste exactly like doughnuts from home, but still good. I would think that they have them in the windjammer too.

Thanks everyone for following along and I'll get to everyone's questions as I still have more to share. I just got busy again as work kicked back in today. Add to this, when we arrived back home, the M-I-L needed immediate medical care as we admitted her to the hospital. The Doc told us today that she may be able to return home this week if she continues to show signs of improvement.

OK, I'm really struggling with scanning the Compasses. But was promised by the wife that she'd help me! :D

Did MTD calm down after the first night? We generally like to eat around 6-6:30 but don't usually make reservations. But sounds like there's a long wait with or without reservations.

It did. Or at least for us as we moved our reservations to 7:30pm. We showed up as early as 7pm one night w/ no issues and immediate seating. I'm not sure how the 6to 6:30p timeline fared after the first night. We had plenty of time to see the shows & programs.

Important question from the hubs - well important to him:

Any sign of donuts on this cruise? and if so, are they gross asian-style like on Oasis or regular more American donuts?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Cafe Promenade offered donuts and donut holes at breakfast time. I'm not sure what a asian donut tastes like though. I will say they are not Krispy Kreme or Shipley! They sorta tasted like a cake donut.

Thanks for all your hard work. I appreciate greatly all you have been sharing.

Might you know, how close to your sail date are you able to begin making online reservations for shows and dinners? How does that process work? We are doing our first RC cruise August 14.

Thanks again!

The ability to make dinner reservations for MTD & the specialty Restaurants for our cruise was about 6 weeks out from sailing. It's normally a bit earlier but the thought from a few on the roll call was that it might have been delayed some due to our cruise being the 2nd cruise from dry dock. Who knows really though.

You should be able to go into your reservation and book your restaurants and time frame desired. No reservations are required for any of the shows. There are two timeframes for the show. One each for early & late dinner seatings. The Ice Show is scheduled by your muster location which will be identified on your cruise compass.

Edited by Goodtime Cruizin

Great review! We are sailing in March in a JS. Were those rooms given a makeover in dry dock?

We noticed nothing different. We had JS 9638. It was very clean, nothing ratted torn etc. All devices functioned as should be. I think you'll enjoy your just fine. While on the cabin crawl, everyone noticed the owners suite had a new sofa/love seat combo.

Which drink package did you purchase? Did you ever order drinks that cost more than the maximum per drink price?

Did you feel like the drink package you ordered was a good deal?

Still on the fence on this and we sail in 12 days!

The wife had the Ultimate, I had the Premium. We never ran into a situation of ordering drinks at a higher cost than the pkg would cover. We ordered top shelf for everything as well. Patron, Gentleman Jack, Titos, Grey Goose, It's our opinion the the pkgs are the way to go on a 3 port cruise. The Ultimate offered the specialty coffees, and the fresh squeezed OJ (which is very delicious) Between the bottle waters, beers, wine and drinks, it's a good deal. I don't think the wife used hers to the fullest extent. But I really don't mind. She's pretty frugal and if she had to pay for each of her drinks, she would limit herself based on cost. And... I don't want her to do this so I just buy her the pkg. I think she had maybe a max of 4 drinks for only one day. I recognize that to some it just doesn't make sense, but I want her to cruise worry free and not swet the small stuff. :D

You'll need to do the math for your level of drinking. Figure $12/drink, add bottled water @ $4 ea.

Love the planner....would it be same for the other itinerary... Falmouth GC Coz? Thanks.

I have a planner from before dry dock and it is basically the same. The shows on mine are different due to the addition of Saturday Night Fever which is new.

Thank you so much!

What would be your best tips for a new to RC cruiser?

A few things...

1. Arrive at least 15 minutes early to any show for quality seating. I have hearing issues so this is imperative for me.

2. Don't miss the Ice Show or Saturday Night Fever

3. The Quest Show... do it. Not only do it but volunteer to be a leader. :D

4. If you tire of the Windjammer for breakfast, try the MDR for breakfast.

5. Finally, don't over plan etc. Just relax, enjoy and let the cruise come to you as well.

I'm not sure. When the current sailing is complete, hopefully someone will post one for us all.

Would post daily planner for this leg 2/21, but we go to Montego Bay, Grand Cayman and Cozumel. Likely to see accurate one including Falmouth will need to wait for a couple more weeks.

We noticed nothing different. We had JS 9638. It was very clean, nothing ratted torn etc. All devices functioned as should be. I think you'll enjoy your just fine. While on the cabin crawl, everyone noticed the owners suite had a new sofa/love seat combo.

Do you happen to remember your muster station? or which Ice Show and time you were assigned to? We will be in 9634 in 10 days and it will make planning so much easier :D

Thank You so much for all the great information!!

Thank you so much for your review..Question for anyone who might know, several years ago on Navigator we went to a night club and did the Silent Disco, it was so much fun!! Do you know if they have anything like that anymore? Thank you!:D

Yes, now it's up in Viking Crown. The old two deck nightclub is gone.

Do you happen to remember your muster station? or which Ice Show and time you were assigned to? We will be in 9634 in 10 days and it will make planning so much easier :D

Thank You so much for all the great information!!

I would think your muster station would be C20 like ours was. If so, the Ice Show will be on Sat. Day 7, Studio B, Deck 3 @ 2pm

Thank you so much for your review..Question for anyone who might know, several years ago on Navigator we went to a night club and did the Silent Disco, it was so much fun!! Do you know if they have anything like that anymore? Thank you!:D

We went to the night club Olive or Twist, for one night. The night we went there was no Silent Disco. It may been held on another night though.