Ft Lauderdale Cruiseport Hotel

jgraff426

If you come over to the Florida Departures board, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

you will find dozens of threads on hotels and transport. Many hotels are relatively very short taxi rides...so taxis are commonly recommended. However, if a shuttle is a priority, you will see the common recommendation to check sunny.org, which is a listing of all Ft Lauderdale hotels, with their amenities, like shuttles.

We are flying in the night before our cruise. Looking for a hotel close by that preferably offers a free shuttle from the airport and also to the port? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help.

We've had good luck with the Springhill Suites in Dania Beach. Free airport shuttle, free shuttle to the cruise port, free breakfast, free einternet.

We've used Quality Inn and Suites the last couple of cruises, on Stirling Road at the north end of Oakwood Plaza. Free shuttle from the airport and to the port. Calling for the shuttle using the bank of hotel phones in the airport is very, very easy, but we have had to wait for the van anywhere from 10 to 20 minutes, depending on what part of his run the driver is on. Since we book a year out and are eligible for the govt rate through one of our fellow travellers, it's usually about $100 US, even at Christmas time. Totally not a luxury hotel, probably somewhere between a Motel 6 and Best Western, but meets every one of our requirements: free airport/port shuttle, free breakfast, walking distance (3-5 min walk) to a Dollarstore, Kmart, Ross, and Chipotle for post-flight, late night last minute shopping/eating.

It's about 10-15 min from port. Due to the direction we are coming from, we've never experienced traffic issues on the way to the port from the hotel. On the other hand, this past January, we dropped off a car rental just on the other side of 17st, close to all the big cruise hotels a few minutes from the port, and were stuck in the Budget shuttle van in traffic for about 1/2 an hr as everyone from that side of 17th was heading to the port.

Definitely NOT the Embassy Suites or the Hilton, but serves our purpose for that one night pre-cruise. We're usually getting in around 11:00 pm and leave the next day for the ship around noon, so a higher end hotel would be wasted on us. However, for a lengthy stay, I would consider elsewhere.

Thank you! I will check all your suggestions. I am still learning all the boards, etc., so I apologize for a duplicate post. I appreciate your taking the time to post an answer!

No need to apologize, everyone here was a newbie once.:)