Regal E533 has Pullman beds

MrSchwump

Just got off the Regal and our only disappointment was, our room, E533, had the Pullman bunk beds mounted on the wall on either side of the queen bed. This made getting in and out of bed literally a pain! I woke up during the night and more times than not banged my head or shoulder on the metal frame. You could not stand up next to the bed. It would have been fine with beds in the twin configuration but this did not work for us.

Just got off the Regal and our only disappointment was, our room, E533, had the Pullman bunk beds mounted on the wall on either side of the queen bed. This made getting in and out of bed literally a pain! I woke up during the night and more times than not banged my head or shoulder on the metal frame. You could not stand up next to the bed. It would have been fine with beds in the twin configuration but this did not work for us.

I am sorry you got this type cabin. I came very close on my first Royal cruise but there happened to be a discussion about it on here so I checked it out and became claustrophobic just looking at it!

Maureen

Inside cabins that have the 3rd and 4th bed on all the Princess ships have them mounted to the wall as your cabin did.

Sorry that you did not know this in advance of your cruise.

Inside cabins that have the 3rd and 4th bed on all the Princess ships have them mounted to the wall as your cabin did.

And, the deck plan that is presented when you selecting a cabin

during booking gives no indication which cabins can sleep 3/4.

You have to use the general deck plans, and then zoom in 1000%

to look for a dot.

I almost got burned by this for new year's, but luckily was able

to change cabins.

Sorry that you did not know this in advance of your cruise.

We booked 2 inside rooms on the Emerald last March for kids and neither one of them had beds mounted on the wall. One wall was the vanity so that wasn't even possible. And those rooms were set up with two twins.

I was disappointed in myself for not catching that but I just looked at the deck plan on the website and it does not show the Pullman beds in that room.

This is the best reference I could find:

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships/royal_princess.pdf

It is for Royal, but I can't find comparable for Regal.

It does show E533 as sleeping 4.

Princess makes this so hard to find. Shame on them.

It would be ok if the extra beds were in the ceiling, and you

wouldn't even notice, but the beds are on the walls.

Not hard to find at all. Any of the ships deck plans on the Princess website pull up the deck and put in the number of guests per cabin and only those cabins show up. Easy to see just which cabins to avoid.

No need to look for any dots.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Not hard to find at all. Any of the ships deck plans on the Princess website pull up the deck and put in the number of guests per cabin and only those cabins show up. Easy to see just which cabins to avoid.

No need to look for any dots.

You're right, but your comments don't make any sense.

If I am looking for a cabin for 2, somehow I have to know

in advance to search for a cabin for 4, so I can exclude those?

If I search for cabins for 2, all available cabins show up,

those for JUST 2, and those with upper berths.

If you use the princess web site, and book for an inside cabin

for two people, you are presented with all available.

Whilst in the mode of selecting a cabin, the deckplan that

is presented does not indicate which cabins hold 4.

You either need to exit your booking, or open another browser,

and view the pdf deck plan. So, sure, THAT's easy. And

intuitive.

Or be clever, and try a booking for 4, and then discount those

cabins. Regardless, you have to be alert to the situation, or

you may be stuck with something you don't want.

It is def. awkward, and as shown by the original poster, does

confuse people.

Edited by pablo222

It would be so much simpler if Princess showed the icons for cabins that are available for more than 2 passengers.

They display those icons in their printed deck plans & they should also add it to their online deck plans. Then the cumbersome process of changing the number of passengers would be unnecessary & not everyone is aware of that procedure.

Princess should add those icons to their online deck plans to keep it simple for everyone.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Exactly.

My suspicious mind wonders if Princess actually does not want us to know which cabins are quads with upper bunks protruding from the wall because the majority of the passengers do not want to book these types of cabins.

We got a quad as a free upgrade & we had to split the queen configuration into twins to make it less likely we'd knock ourselves out. The printed deck plan icons require a magnifying glass to view them & they're not shown on their much easier to view online deck plans. It seems to me they are making it difficult for passengers to know which cabins are quads which are hard to sell to passengers sailing as a couple.

My suspicious mind wonders if Princess actually does not want us to know which cabins are quads with upper bunks protruding from the wall because the majority of the passengers do not want to book these types of cabins.

We got a quad as a free upgrade & we had to split the queen configuration into twins to make it less likely we'd knock ourselves out. The printed deck plan icons require a magnifying glass to view them & they're not shown on their much easier to view online deck plans. It seems to me they are making it difficult for passengers to know which cabins are quads which are hard to sell to passengers sailing as a couple.

Exactly. :rolleyes: