Covermore Travel insurance

My mum and dad are in there late 80's and doing a repositioning cruise to Syd-Hawaii in April with 2 nights in Hawaii before flying home. Dad rang Covermore and was told they needed to select Indonesia, NZ and South West Pacific as the region of travel. They were told as long as they are not spending more than 20% of their trip in America they do not have to select it. Dad got them to put it in a writing in an email. Does anyone know this in correct? I'd hate for them not to be covered in the US.

As they have it in writing they would have to stand behind that.

However, in addition this statement is in their PDF so even though the meaning is slightly different, it still means that that cover would be appropriate:

"Stopping over somewhere?

• If You are stopping in a country for less than 72 hours, You do

not need to enter or select that country."

While a cruise is slightly different, given that the bulk is in the Pacific and they are in the US for less than 72 hours, the wording covers that.

As they have it in writing they would have to stand behind that.

However, in addition this statement is in their PDF so even though the meaning is slightly different, it still means that that cover would be appropriate:

"Stopping over somewhere?

• If You are stopping in a country for less than 72 hours, You do

not need to enter or select that country."

While a cruise is slightly different, given that the bulk is in the Pacific and they are in the US for less than 72 hours, the wording covers that.

Thanks. I just wanted to double check.

I'm going to call Covermore in the morning. Does anyone know if the cover pre existing heart conditions in the US?

You will need complete an online questionaire to find out. Pretty sure they will if the heart condition is stable.

Edited by Kinkacruiser

I'm sorry but I can't agree with the comments regarding Covermore. I have discussed this at length with them and quite frankly if you are going anywhere near the US including Hawaii (particularly if you have any pre existing conditions) stay right away from them. In fact they wont cover you at all. I used to use them but now go with InsureandGo.:)

I'm sorry but I can't agree with the comments regarding Covermore. I have discussed this at length with them and quite frankly if you are going anywhere near the US including Hawaii (particularly if you have any pre existing conditions) stay right away from them. In fact they wont cover you at all. I used to use them but now go with InsureandGo.:)

I was about to suggest InsureandGo.

Thanks for the heads up re Covermore, joybook. I will be aware of their shortcomings, get a quote for the 5/35 days in Hawaii and most likely switch to Insure and Go for that cruise.

I'm going to call Covermore in the morning. Does anyone know if the cover pre existing heart conditions in the US?

Aus Post cover pre existing heart problems if things are stable and it can be done over the phone, no harm in giving them a call

Can I ask how they managed to get the policy at all in that case? Travellers ages is one of the standard questions when applying for insurance.

Based on what's written, I'm not sure it's actually been purchased yet. Looks like research before buying.

On a second read, I think you're right Big M. It is similar to a post on another forum where the insurance had already been purchased only to find pre-existing conditions would be an issue. Hopefully this is a different one and the couple have not spent money on a useless policy[emoji4]