Yacht Club - Menus/Dining

zjc

Hi All

Wondering if some people with Yacht Club experience can help.

Booked in for the first time in 2017 but have some worries regarding dining.

I have a limited diet and can only eat chicken as a meat for example along with a number of other limitations.

In the past on MSC they always had a chicken and a pasta dish on the menu in the main dining room so I never had a problem.

I've heard however that the menu in the yacht club restaurant is limited. Does anyone know if they would be happy to help with my diet needs and fetch chicken for example?

Also, does anyone know if you can choose to dine in the main dining room instead or have the main dining room menu in the yacht club restaurant?

I have to say the menus I've seen looked limited when compared with the menu of the main dining rooms.

Any advice would be great :)

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by zjc

There was a chicken dish on the menu. The menu had a "favourites menu"I think it was called? That didn't change daily as the other side of the menu did. You will be fine. Just let them know and the restaurant will look after you.

Anthony & Jenny, Melbourne Australia

Cruised MSC YC 7th June 2015, Mediterranean.

Booked MSC Meraviglia in YC 19/6/17

There was a chicken dish on the menu. The menu had a "favourites menu"I think it was called? That didn't change daily as the other side of the menu did. You will be fine. Just let them know and the restaurant will look after you.

Anthony & Jenny, Melbourne Australia

Cruised MSC YC 7th June 2015, Mediterranean.

Booked MSC Meraviglia in YC 19/6/17

Thanks for the info! I know they use to have a chicken dish on the always available but I saw some YC menus on here that didn't show it.

Thanks for your help

Z

Just talk with the YC restaurant maitre when you board or the first evening, explaining your needs. The restaurant has its own chef and kitchen staff that can fix up just about anything you need. In any case, fillet of chicken is always on the "always available" menu also in YC:

Just talk with the YC restaurant maitre when you board or the first evening, explaining your needs. The restaurant has its own chef and kitchen staff that can fix up just about anything you need. In any case, fillet of chicken is always on the "always available" menu also in YC:

Glad to know the chicken is on the always available menu. I saw a few yacht club menus that didn't seem to show many courses so I was worried.

The YC Chef can definitely take care of your needs, and customize the food for you, even if you do not wish to order from the main menu. So you don't have to worry. Just go the YC restaurant and have a chat with the Maitre d when you get onboard.

Our YC experience was awesome. Here are some videos of the dinners we had in the YC restaurant, on board MSC Preziosa.

Lobster Gala dinner

[YOUTUBE]2_DnkB_ubl0[/YOUTUBE]

Italian Flavours

[YOUTUBE]1NqHiNAVIdQ[/YOUTUBE]

Another gala dinner.

[YOUTUBE]5ebsTYuJ4SA[/YOUTUBE]

Enjoy your YC experience!

The YC Chef can definitely take care of your needs, and customize the food for you, even if you do not wish to order from the main menu. So you don't have to worry. Just go the YC restaurant and have a chat with the Maitre d when you get onboard.

Our YC experience was awesome. Here are some videos of the dinners we had in the YC restaurant, on board MSC Preziosa.

Lobster Gala dinner

[YOUTUBE]2_DnkB_ubl0[/YOUTUBE]

Italian Flavours

[YOUTUBE]1NqHiNAVIdQ[/YOUTUBE]

Another gala dinner.

[YOUTUBE]5ebsTYuJ4SA[/YOUTUBE]

Enjoy your YC experience!

Thanks for the reassurance and the videos! I recently saw a few YC menus on here and they only had 2 main courses to choose from.

Has the menu changed since then?

Thanks

In December, there were only 2 choices. I ended up not eating in there as I also have dietary restrictions that sound similar to yours. I am allergic to meat from mammals. All I ever eat at home is chicken and salmon or something meatless. I just wanted choices that were not the same old thing I always eat. I will admit I didn't discuss it with the Maitre D but I should have and intend to on my next cruise coming up in April.

Seems a little disappointing that they limit the courses in the YC dining room VS what people in the MDR are getting.

Do you mind me asking where you ate for your week? Were you able to go eat in the MDR?

Thanks

ZJC

They have tweeked the menu choices. Not as many choices as before. But still talk to them about your needs and let them at least try to accommendate them.

Do you happen to know how many mains there were to choose from?

Do you have any example menus?

Seems a little disappointing that they limit the courses in the YC dining room VS what people in the MDR are getting.

Do you mind me asking where you ate for your week? Were you able to go eat in the MDR?

Thanks

ZJC

We ate in the buffet a lot. I think MSC has more vegetables that are not swimming in cheese sauce than a lot of other cruises lines. There were pastas, salads, and chicken or seafood dishes as well. We had lunch in Le Muse when the menu permitted. We also snacked in the Topsail lounge or at the little buffet in the one pool bar area. We had dinner in the Galaxy restaurant. We ordered pizza from Eataly. I was concerned about cross contamination so we did not try the steak house but they have options you might like as well. We did not try the main dining room and I have read conflicting posts about being able to do so.

Cruisergal, I would appreciate a copy of the menus as well. I should have taken photos but alas... My email is my screen name at bellsouth dot net.

Edited by pamwinn

We ate most lunches and every dinner in the YC restaurant during two cruises last year (Divina and Preziosa). We always found the menu fine for our expectations and the food delicious. Sometimes we desired something extra not on the menu and the chef was always able to produce it, even if he had to send someone down to the MDR kitchen to get it. In any case, a steak in the YC restaurant tasted always better than the ones I remember from the MDR in past MSC cruises. It's hard to beat the YC experience all around. Too bad we have to wait until 2017 for our next YC cruise (on the Fantasia).

Edited by Capricruiser

zjc, Yes I do have pictures of menus but I don't know how to post them here. If you send me your email I will be glad to send them to you. Be sure to spell out your address instead of the way it is typed.

Hey

That would be great :)

its

zjc at me dot com

Thanks

Have sent you an email. Please let me know when you receive it and I will forward you some of the menus.

Mary Ann

Hi

I don't appear to have received it.

The email is

Zjc @ me . Com

Without the spaces, I can provide an alternative email if we still have troubles

Edited by zjc

Hi

The email is

Zjc @ me . Com

Without the spaces, I can provide an alternative email if we still have troubles

Opps! I sent it to another address. Didn't catch who it was asking for them also. Mixed up 2 different peoples address. UGH. Ok, will try again.

Hi

The email is

Zjc @ me . Com

Let's see if plucasana can post them here and if not, I will still send them to you.

Mary Ann