Craft market - directions from port

sad549s

found this website

http://tab.ky/ccm.html

says it's on corner of boilers and church street

i put it into google maps and it is a 6 minute walk....but don't know if there are sidewalks....

found this post on tripadvisor

Whenever a cuise ship is in port, the craft market is generally open. Walk to the right from your pier and you will see it across the street. Not a far walk at all. Vendors set up their own booths with some lovely items.

Also found a nice walking tour that includes the craft market to help with directions.

http://www.explorecayman.com/george-town-walking-tour

Hope that helps.

Trish

Edited by TnTWalter

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone have directions to the craft market from the cruise port? Is it within walking distance? What types of items do they sell? Prices? Thank you

From what I saw on Google Maps, it appears to be within walking distance. But I too am wondering what items they carry.

Anyone out there who's been to the Cayman Craft Market who can tell us if it's truly a place where local artisans display their wares? That's what I'm interested in - locally made pieces.

I've been to Cayman MANY MANY times since the 80's and have never seen the craft market!

Not sayin it ain't there ... just news to me

Not really a straw hat kinda place .....

Guy Harvey has a studio, shop and restaurant . . .

more stores selling Rolexes

If it's the one that has been there for some time, it's small, but it is local artisans and crafters, and it is easily within walking distance of the port. It's over towards Paradise Restaurant, just across the street. Very easy to spot. I've seen items made from palm fronds, carvings, pepper jellies along with the obligatory touristy t-shirts. It seems to be open any time ships are in port.

I've also heard rumors that there's a new one on Thursdays, where they close off one of the streets downtown, but I don't have any details on that one.

A bigger farmers' market and craft sale can be found Wednesdays at Camana Bay. I've seen some nice local art, jewelry and pottery there along with fresh produce.